What mobile apps do you have on your phone?

Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What are your favourite apps on your smartphone, or the ones you use most regularly? For me it is (in no particular order) Whatsapp, FlightRadar24, Mindfulness app, TripAdvisor, National Rail, a cooking app, SoundHound, Grindr, my bank's app and Lookout.

Anyone recommend any free or paid-for apps that are fun, quirky or novelty in their function?

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will probably get moved to Mobiles, but i think it's a good general topic as well.

I'd even expand it slightly as well as to ask how much of people's lives do they run and/or 'track' on their phones. You can do everything today from managing your finances to watching your weight and even how much coffee you drink and i think it would be quite interesting to see if anyone actually does things like that.

anyway, looking at my 5s, i use my two mobile banking apps every day, as well as my cloud account app "owncloud". Another one called 'appsgonefree' as well to see if there are any new apps available for, well, free :).

Use Hot UK deals as well, and look at Instagram if i'm bored on the bus. Often use YouTube for music sessions on my TV at home because you can cast it to the Humax Freesat PVR in the same way that the Chromecast does.

I think that's about it :)
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only apps I use are WhatsApp, Shazam and Happy Cow.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    I have an app that lets me turn my phone off without using the physical ON/OFF button: One Touch Lockscreen. The perfect complement to the built in Double Tap to Wake feature. Especially useful since I changed my protective case to a bumper that needs a firm, positive action to use the side buttons.
  • St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem to be any really interesting new apps about the last year or so, pretty much have what we need now.

I do wish IPlayer on android was better, such a buggy thing.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrome, Tweetcaster, Facebook, Marine Traffic, Met Office, Trip Advisor, AVG Cleaner and Yahoo Mail. All used daily apart from TA - that's just for when I need a laugh!
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facebook, Twitter , whatsapp ,yahoo mail , LINE ,my02 and 02 priority , BBC weather and Haypi Adventure which is a cool pirate game
  • RepublicOfYorksRepublicOfYorks Posts: 3,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tune In, listen to any radio station in the world including American police frequencies!

That's as surreal as ****, I was listening to one from Dallas, I think, and the operative was radioing the cops about a possible siege situation, with an identified perp 'known to be combative'... then about 2 minutes later, she came on again to correct this to 'not known to be combative'...

I just had this vision of a SWAT team piling in with their guns and some poor bastard cowering under the table weeping 'please don't shoot, PLEASE DON'T SHOOT!' :o
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My phone cost £20 7 years ago.....
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ebay, facebook, messenger, barclays mobile, colorfy, kindle, etsy, wikipedia
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    Line, Viber, Memrise, WeQ4u, Whoscall, Twitch, Lucky Patcher, Techcalc, Mega, plus lots of japanese language apps.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I'd say the three I use most atm are: Rocket Player for choons, HotUKDeals for bargains and CityMapper for journey planning.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I use Facebook, Trip advisor and Candy Crush the most.
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BuzzFeed for random news topics & quizzes, Waze for traffic updates and whatnot when on the move, fantastic app btw, Goodreads for book stuffs, Duolingo for learning languages - another fantastic, free, app and a few random others.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook, twitter, instagram, Skype, Youtube, Amazon, Ebay, BBM, Natwest, BBC weather, The Student Room, Find my iphone, My 02, Mail Online, TV catchup, Shazam, Argos, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Heart fm, Capital fm, Radio Aire, Trip Advisor, Google Maps, 8 ball pool, Temple Run, Subway Surfers, Beehive Bedlam and many more but cba.
  • karen_charnockkaren_charnock Posts: 1,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FarmVille 2, bingo, sims free play, mahjong journey, sky sports, Google Earth and youtube