Options

Your idea of the perfect Doctor?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The title sums it all up really.

So would you like your Doctor to be funny/serious/both. Male/Female.

For me Matt Smith's Doctor is everything I wanna see in a Doctor. Funny/Clumsy/Sometimes Serious/ Sometimes VERY Angry.

Comments

• Options
    capt.shoegazercapt.shoegazer Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The doctor should never ever ever be female.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    I'd absolutely love to see Paddy Considine play the Doctor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    True story.
  • Options
    sertonserton Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In my best facebook quote....

"Serton likes this"

Re the topic. Tom Pat and Matt are my fave doctors... (yes Matt is excellent already)

I think that kind of shows what I look for in a Doctor...
  • Options
    ducturductur Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title sums it all up really.

So would you like your Doctor to be funny/serious/both. Male/Female.

For me Matt Smith's Doctor is everything I wanna see in a Doctor. Funny/Clumsy/Sometimes Serious/ Sometimes VERY Angry.

For me, a cross between Troughton, Tom Baker and Eccleston.

D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying to suggest my idea for the perfect Doctor would be like me trying to suggest my perfect idea of a mum, dad, friend, heck even me....

Basically what I am trying to say is that their is no such thing as perfect...as the Doctor is after all one man...who changes his face and some personality traits....but he still the Doctor....his flaws and perfections are what make him...and its fun that he can be so different and yet the same....

So my ideal Doctor is....is well THE Doctor!!!:D
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    A Doctor who is intelligent, smart, witty, charming and funny, but who can then just flip into angry and sombre moods. A bizarre dress sense also helps, it's great when he looks odd in his physical appearance because it makes him easily identifiable.
    I like Doctor's that fight aswell, like 'I may be all about peace but you are bad and threatening countless lives so I have no choice but to whup your arse!'
  • Options
    DormouseDormouse Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pat Troughton was just about perfect for me, and Matt's doing a really fine job.

Although there are elements from all of them that I like. As long as there's a good mix of arrogance/brilliance/anger/compassion, it's all good.
  • Options
    GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My idea of a perfect Doctor? Probably Johnny Depp. :D

Just watching him in Sleepy Hollow a couple of nights ago made me realise how brilliant he would be as the Doctor... not that it's ever going to happen. :p
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    A Doctor who is intelligent, smart, witty, charming and funny, but who can then just flip into angry and sombre moods. A bizarre dress sense also helps, it's great when he looks odd in his physical appearance because it makes him easily identifiable.
    I like Doctor's that fight aswell, like 'I may be all about peace but you are bad and threatening countless lives so I have no choice but to whup your arse!'

An excellent summary of a good Doctor - Matt Smith fits this bill perfectly :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that McCoy is pretty close to my ideal Doctor. I don't want a pretty-boy or James Bond. I want my Doctor to take it seriously even if we allow comedy and one liners, no breaking the 4th wall please.

I want occasional bouts of anger and pomposity (Time Lord traits) but also warmth, affection and concern. I want an alien's dress sense and an alien's perspective on humanity.

McCoy did all of that very well imo. He also managed to do it while the controllers at the BBC were actively trying to destroy the series.

McCoy had a lot of very bad scripts. I can't think of any redeeming features of season 24. But 25 had Remembrance and 26 had The Curse of Fenric. Amazing stories made more remarkable given the circumstances.

Matt Smith has lots of these qualities too, is a better actor (sorry Sylvester, love you really) and even the worst parts of this seasons scripts are streets ahead of the best of Season 24. So I am quite happy with where we are today in the Whoniverse :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    an alien's perspective on humanity.

Definitely important that. And someone who can suggest a cool alien intellect concealed by an affable demeanor. Will only be short-tempered with fools.

I'd love James Callis to get the part next.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    I have to say that McCoy is pretty close to my ideal Doctor. I don't want a pretty-boy or James Bond. ...

I loved McCoy as well and found him a great Doctor. But the key for me was what he seems to be also hated for: playing the fool while deviously masterminding the next steps, moral and compassionate but prepared to take some tough calls.

Basically, I like my Doc to have a distinctiv dark side to him. And no, I don't really need a pretty-boy or James Bond, either. Even though, I did loved DT as the first ever - imo - sexy Doctor, as well ;) But that optional for me, his manic, megalomanical darkside was well sufficient for me to have him as one of "my" Doctors for even if he did not have this killer smile :p
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A big teethy grin with an impossibly long colourful scarf and full of energy :)
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    justine01 wrote: »
    I loved McCoy as well and found him a great Doctor. But the key for me was what he seems to be also hated for: playing the fool while deviously masterminding the next steps, moral and compassionate but prepared to take some tough calls.

Basically, I like my Doc to have a distinctiv dark side to him. And no, I don't really need a pretty-boy or James Bond, either. Even though, I did loved DT as the first ever - imo - sexy Doctor, as well ;) But that optional for me, his manic, megalomanical darkside was well sufficient for me to have him as one of "my" Doctors for even if he did not have this killer smile :p

I've actually really got into McCoy. I didn't watch his episodes when they originally aired, gave up during Colin Baker. But watching them now McCoy had a nice take on the Doctor, only marred by poor production and stories that could have done with more episodes.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by meglosmurmurs

Agreed, eye candy is a bonus. :D I think Matt Smith is doing a damn good job. :D
    My idea of a perfect Doctor? Probably Johnny Depp.

Just watching him in Sleepy Hollow a couple of nights ago made me realise how brilliant he would be as the Doctor... not that it's ever going to happen.

That could work. He plays those quirky characters so well. (I love Tim Burton films.)
  • Options
    Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My idea Doctor would have the authority of Hartnell, the charm of Troughton, the fighting spirit of Pertwee and the audacity of T.Baker, the compassion of Davison, the fire of C.Baker, the mind of McCoy and the humanity of McGann, the anger of Eccleston, the emotions of Tennant and the zanyness of Smith.

If I could take every Doctor and roll them into one, that would be the perfect Doctor.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gene Hunt :o

Fire up the tractor beam and lets catch those Dalek girls!
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like my perfect Doctor to have the niceness of Davison, the Childish innocence of McGann, the humour of Tennant and the deceptiveness of Troughton. By that, I mean that his appearance would counter the fact he is a very clever scientist so people would seriously underestimate him, thus letting him keep one step ahead of them at all times.

I like this element of such a character and is also why I love Columbo for the same reason. He's outwardly a shambles and doesn't appear to have a clue what he's doing but we all know he has a razor-sharp mind. I'd love to see my Perfect Doctor be like that! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My idea of the perfect Doctor? Noel Fielding. Or Chris O'Dowd. :D:D

*ahem*

As much as I love David, Matt is what I always expected the Doctor to be, from the personality to the image. He's, essentially his own man (well..own alien :p), but has to have that hint and sublety of previous Doctor's. Matt is ticking every box for me. :D

CD93 wrote: »
    Gene Hunt :o

Fire up the tractor beam and lets catch those Dalek girls!

*snigger* :cool:
    That would be so awesome.
    Simm would have to come back as The Master though, that'd be epic.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Wolf wrote: »
    I'd absolutely love to see Paddy Considine play the Doctor

And then in a twist at the end of his tenure we discover the assistant was killed a long time ago and kept alive only in the Doctor's imagination?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My idea of the perfect Doctor? Noel Fielding. Or Chris O'Dowd. :D:D

*ahem*

As much as I love David, Matt is what I always expected the Doctor to be, from the personality to the image. He's, essentially his own man (well..own alien :p), but has to have that hint and sublety of previous Doctor's. Matt is ticking every box for me. :D

*snigger* :cool:
    That would be so awesome.
    Simm would have to come back as The Master though, that'd be epic.

He's already got the coat... just need to get "Gov" changed to "Doc" :p