Madonna, Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. - Give Me All Your Love

rors401rors401 Posts: 1,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭
[news]Madonna's new single 'Give Me All Your Love' to star Nicki Minaj, MIA[/news]

What do you think of this collab? Very glad MIA's a part of it and will definitly be interesting but seems a little like Madge's desperate to be seen as a younger artist relating to younger audiences but still that equals longetivity

Comments

• Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Justin Timberlake and Timbaland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nicki Minaj, Martin Solveig and MIA

That said, I like all the artists tbh.

The biggest hits of this year have been electropop/dance pop/euro-pop songs with rapping on (e.g. Give Me Everything, On the Floor, Party Rock Anthem), so if she wants to be commercially successful, an electropop/dance pop/euro-pop song (Martin Solveig) with rapping on (Nicki Minaj and MIA) is the logical thing for her to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. so i'm excited to hear this :D
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kid you not but I actually had a dream a while back about Madonna and MIA collaborating.:D

I'm beyond excited.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna and MIA will slay!! i wanted this to happen for a few years now :cool:

Nicki i can give or take really!

And Solveig will be EPIC!!! i cannot wait to hear what this will sound like....love how people are already coming to conclusions it will be shit...what the???? have they not learned yet that you have to listen to it before judging....honestly! and if Orbit is in tow and supporting it then heck it is gonna smash!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I would have preffered a solo Madonna song. Got to admit it looks like Madonna trying to stay current and kool.

I guess she must be thinking of the youth who probably couldn't bring themselves to buy a record by someone the same age as their gran.

But really, I love Madonna. I'm hoping for something akin to American Life, but that probably won't happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I would have preffered a solo Madonna song. Got to admit it looks like Madonna trying to stay current and kool.

I guess she must be thinking of the youth who probably couldn't bring themselves to buy a record by someone the same age as their gran.

But really, I love Madonna. I'm hoping for something akin to American Life, but that probably won't happen.

Thats where it will be most interesting...people are thinking that that is what it is....but really MIA is not known in the maisntream and Nicki is a massive gamble as her songs have had minimal/mediocre success as it is too!

also it is not 100% confirmed as of yet they are on track record and it may be special lineups for the SUper Bowl itself!

But Hard Candy was 3 years ago...this is a new Madonna and she will shake it all up with some immense and intense chooooonage!! :cool: I cannot wait.

Especially seeing MIA and Nicki represent two polar sides of the industry themselves! :eek:
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicki is totally rubbish and has no talent whatsover imo, M.I.A. & Madonna are both great though, will be interesting to hear it! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    Nicki is totally rubbish and has no talent whatsover imo, M.I.A. & Madonna are both great though, will be interesting to hear it! :eek:

Haha well put it this way i would rather Janelle over Nicki...loooove Janelle Monae to bits she is what i support with the Hip Hop genre...Nicki is very much the Katy Perry side....not "bad" but i see what you mean it is very marketed and superficial sides of it.

MIA so very true, i love the woman....i mean exactly! they are polar sides! Will be very interesting!

I hate that some people have commented saying it wil lbe "generic" and not groundbreaking.

Who else has had a Madonna/MIA/Nicki/Solveig song this year???? exactly :cool:
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have my doubts at this point, madonna should come back with a completely solo song in my opinion. she has been away for a while and her return is anticipated by her fans. madonna doesn't need other artists to prop her up, in my opinion.

still it could be good and as always i trust her judgement. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i have my doubts at this point, madonna should come back with a completely solo song in my opinion. she has been away for a while and her return is anticipated by her fans. madonna doesn't need other artists to prop her up, in my opinion.

still it could be good and as always i trust her judgement. :)

Definitely, while i thought maybe she will comeback with a massive Mid tempo style like Frozen, but something like Frozen cannot be repeated....its the first time she has been away as long as 4 years too :eek:

So i think by doing this she will elevate the hype more and really add intrigue! What will MIA and Nicki offer for the song? what is the song about? what will solveig push forward with it? etc

Also i think she may release two singles before the album this era. this one for the massive performance at Super Bowl and hype everywhere, the next one will be her and Orbit doing their stuff! I am so so so hyped its unreal.

Will await for expectations of the song obviously but it sounds immense :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely, while i thought maybe she will comeback with a massive Mid tempo style like Frozen, but something like Frozen cannot be repeated....its the first time she has been away as long as 4 years too :eek:

So i think by doing this she will elevate the hype more and really add intrigue! What will MIA and Nicki offer for the song? what is the song about? what will solveig push forward with it? etc

Also i think she may release two singles before the album this era. this one for the massive performance at Super Bowl and hype everywhere, the next one will be her and Orbit doing their stuff! I am so so so hyped its unreal.

that would be good a good idea. although, i don't think i can wait that long. maybe a double-a with two videos, that sounds like a good compromise!
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    that would be good a good idea. although, i don't think i can wait that long. maybe a double-a with two videos, that sounds like a good compromise!

Not many artists do that anymore, and it doesn't do well in the charts when that happens.

It wasn't a proper Double-A side thing, but Rihanna released California King Bed and Man Down in the US as joint singles, releasing the music videos at almost the same time aswell, and they both did very poorly over there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Not many artists do that anymore, and it doesn't do well in the charts when that happens.

It wasn't a proper Double-A side thing, but Rihanna released California King Bed and Man Down in the US as joint singles, releasing the music videos at almost the same time aswell, and they both did very poorly over there.

well call me old fashioned then, i don't care.:p

i still think its a good idea and gets two songs out there before the album. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm double A could be a gamble....and while the wait is long it will tease it out for casual listeners globally!

We are all iterested as strong fans/casual fans etc but to get the punters quenching thirst for the material....it will be sweet as! one massive SOlveig lead single, video, Super Bowl, Brits performances.

Second single two weeks before album drops wih video and promo tour, interviews....Madonnadomination everywhere basically for it....propaganda etc :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I never thought she'll come back with something similar to Frozen or a mid-tempo track. W.E. has sucked the energy out of her in the same way that IGTTYAS did and a result we got Confessions. So not knowing what I expect with this new album, I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back with something uptempo.
    And it's not the first time at all she's been away that long. There was a similar gap between BS and ROL ;).
  • Cha Cha HeelsCha Cha Heels Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever next, a duet with Cher Lloyd?
    Forum Member
    I don't think Madonna has been away for 4 years anyway. I mean, she was in the charts and on the radio in 2009 I think, so it's only really been 2 years (3 years by the time she starts her next album's campaign I imagine).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Never heard of this Nicki Minj or Mia. Should I have? :confused:
  • Eat_My_DustEat_My_Dust Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    This is a wise move on Madonna's part. Lets face facts. She is 50 years old now. Just like Cher, the real Cher, is about to use Lady Gaga to boost her profile with the under 21's, Madonna has got to do that as well. Its all about market forces and getting yourself on the teenage/youth music channels. Most recent example: Mariah Carey and Justin Bieber ;)

This is why older artists are always dueting with younger stars.

If Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga get to 50 and still have a career in music they will be doing the same thing.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexMalgua wrote: »
    I never thought she'll come back with something similar to Frozen or a mid-tempo track. W.E. has sucked the energy out of her in the same way that IGTTYAS did and a result we got Confessions. So not knowing what I expect with this new album, I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back with something uptempo.
    And it's not the first time at all she's been away that long. There was a similar gap between BS and ROL ;).

Are you suggestion Confessions isn't anything less than incredible? Or have I mis translated you :-P
    Forum Member
    Dynopia wrote: »
    Are you suggestion Confessions isn't anything less than incredible? Or have I mis translated you :-P

Confessions is her 3rd best album. I loved how every single song contained a sample and I loved the continuation feel between each track. It was Madonna bringing pop back to the front in the mid 00's that brought around the whole new pop craze of the late 00's. Madonna leading the trends as always!
    Forum Member
    ok, so nobodies gonna explain to me who this Minge or Mia women are? I assume they're some current trendies and Madonna's back on her "kids, I know I'm old but I can be cool, honest" crisis/routine again. If so, then...:yawn:
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    ok, so nobodies gonna explain to me who this Minge or Mia women are? I assume they're some current trendies and Madonna's back on her "kids, I know I'm old but I can be cool, honest" crisis/routine again. If so, then...:yawn:

Its probably best you watch their work

This is MIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfbQ5mHWkOs

And this is Nicki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSFyrrhKj1Q
    Forum Member
    Its probably best you watch their work

This is MIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfbQ5mHWkOs

And this is Nicki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSFyrrhKj1Q

oh god! It's worse than I thought - Hard Candy Pt.2 :cry:
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    oh god! It's worse than I thought - Hard Candy Pt.2 :cry:

I don't think it's going to be Hard Candy Pt 2. William Orbit and Martin Solveig don't exactly scream "urban". I think it will be more euro dance pop with a rap break or rap intro.:D