Options

How deprived is your local area?

DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,251
Forum Member
http://www.uklocalarea.com/

For me: "In the latest Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) this area was ranked 24,922 out of 32,482 in England, where 1 was the most deprived and 32,482 the least.

This is broken down further by income; employment; education, skills; health; barriers to housing and services; the living environment; and crime (England)."

Comments

• Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **** only knows. All I know is I live in "the worst street in Glasgow" according to past news reports. I love it :) don't get the issue at all.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9,276 out of 32,482 in England,
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the latest Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) this area was ranked 1,032 out of 32,482 in England, where 1 was the most deprived and 32,482 the least.

This is broken down further by income; employment; education, skills; health; barriers to housing and services; the living environment; and crime (England).
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too ashamed, I don't want to post it :blush:
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    search says it't very deprived but it;s a mixed estate, the older people are well off, the younger are struggling>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right I'll help you Ash, I'm not on there as is Scotland where I live but here is some quips.

"THE worst street in Glasgow:
    Called Ground Zero by residents, Allison Street, Govanhill, is one of the most deprived in the city."

Title of that bit was "Allison street, habitable?" Lmfao
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4,936 here in Wakefield East.

Contrast this to 22,344 where I used to live in Earl Shilton, Leicestershire.

This doesn't surprise me. Wakefield is by and large is a ****hole, hence the reason I'm moving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    Right I'll help you Ash, I'm not on there as is Scotland where I live but here is some quips.

"THE worst street in Glasgow:
    Called Ground Zero by residents, Allison Street, Govanhill, is one of the most deprived in the city."

Title of that bit was "Allison street, habitable?" Lmfao

Lol :D Is there not a website for scottish places? I'd love to see if your area rates lower than mine :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Lol :D Is there not a website for scottish places? I'd love to see if your area rates lower than mine :blush:

I did look no there is not but if there was I can 100% say my place would be the worse according to them. That said, I love it here. It's lovely. So knickers to them. It meant I could buy out right without a mortgage.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did look no there is not but if there was I can 100% say my place would be the worse according to them. That said, I love it here. It's lovely. So knickers to them. It meant I could buy out right without a mortgage.

Good for you. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol I like it where I live too, it is rough but it probably does look worse than what it is from the outside looking in. Knickers to them! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Lol I like it where I live too, it is rough but it probably does look worse than what it is from the outside looking in. Knickers to them! :cool:

See maybe I'm odd. I don't see where I live as rough. At all! Lol I see it as a lovely place. I've never felt unsafe here...
  • Options
    k4te89k4te89 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    29,230 Narborough, Leicester

The area I live in is lovely, can't moan. We were so lucky to get rented accommodation here as its so saught after and its next to the M1. Bonus :)
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is at 23,526 but the other figures are of more interest to me than that. For example it lists under Crime; better than 89% of areas in England which i'm sure the local force would be pleased to see!

Lived here just over 21 years and (afaik) never been any properties broken into and it's that quiet you can hear a pin drop.....even in the middle of the day which suits me fine! :)

Where my son lives, his area is ranked at 31,240 but it's way too busy for my liking. It's a battle just to get a damn parking space! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright I'm gonna look up my family home back in wales....1,771 out of 1,896 in Wales. Guess I down graded lol
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most people round here own the house they live in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Most people round here own the house they live in.

Do you have a local shop? For local people? Will you have no trouble there? :)
  • Options
    Hershal_GreeneHershal_Greene Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very!

Hate the fact I will never get my own house or car or a better job because Im genuinely not good at anything to warrent being paid a better lifestyle. My life is over already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to know where the most and least deprived wards are.

Pity you can't put numbers in as well as postcodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See maybe I'm odd. I don't see where I live as rough. At all! Lol I see it as a lovely place. I've never felt unsafe here...

I don't feel unsafe neither, I think you get used to it tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this thread keeps going it'll be interesting to see who lives in the most and least deprived.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found the most deprived ward... GOLF GREEN, Tendring, Essex.

Despite its rather nice name, Golf Green is essentially Jaywick, the village exposed on Channel 5's programme "Benefits By The Sea".

To be fair, apart from its location by the sea, it did look an absolute dump, and in the words of the programme's narrator, "the nearest the UK has to a shanty town".

Surely this place should be bulldozed and replaced with new homes that meet today's standards. I feel so sorry for those who have to live in them chalets.
  • Options
    whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the middle of the index score highly for low crime and lowest rating is for services. Capel le ferne Kent coast
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My area
    In the latest Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) this area was ranked 10,220 out of 32,482 in England

I'd beware of taking the data too seriously though. It's not necessarily as meaningful as is being made out.

The area I used to live in is:
    17,546 out of 32,482 in England

a huge difference... and that's only about half a mile away. For intents and purposes, income, health, access to services, education, crime etc are realistically going to be very similar.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    Found the most deprived ward... GOLF GREEN, Tendring, Essex.

Despite its rather nice name, Golf Green is essentially Jaywick, the village exposed on Channel 5's programme "Benefits By The Sea".

To be fair, apart from its location by the sea, it did look an absolute dump, and in the words of the programme's narrator, "the nearest the UK has to a shanty town".

Surely this place should be bulldozed and replaced with new homes that meet today's standards. I feel so sorry for those who have to live in them chalets.
    Blimey......it's ranked at 1 :o

Yes the place should have been flattened years ago as most of the property was originally just short term builds. Pretty disgusting that such places exist in UK 2015.

Of course if they bulldozed it, all the residents would be packed off to other deprived areas and the seafront would be developed with million pound apartments. >:(