Options

DVD recordable

richardadcrichardadc Posts: 1,121
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone here know when DVD recordable is comming out.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Apparently September. i wouldn't buy an early model though. There are many improvements to be made. And you should also see how DVHS comes on, which is already released.
  • Options
    NikhilNikhil Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Pioneer DVD is coming out in November (the recordable one) apparently that is the first one that is going to be available on the market.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Pioneer DVR-1000 is coming out in November together with the Panasonic DMR-E10. Both are DVD recordables but they use different (non compatible) formats. The Pioneer is DVD-RW, the Panasonic is DVD-RAM which has the advantage of recording from PC/TV/DVD. However both models have a huge disadvantage: They don't have a digital input for digital recording from TV or DVD. So, if you want to double a DVD, you first let the DVD-player convert the digital signal into an analogue one and then the DVD-R again converts this analogue signal into a digital one. This is quite ridiculous in my opinion. Therefore I think it's worth waiting for the second generation of DVD-R with full digital input capability.
    The same applies to D-VHS. However at least they have a digital IEEE-1394 input for recording from DV (but not from DVD or TV).

[This message has been edited by MusicFreak (edited 27 June 2000).]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Just wait for DVD+RW to come out. It'll be 100% compatible with current DVD technology; so will surely know seven shades of crap outa the competition!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All 3 formats (DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+RW) will be 100% compatible with current DVD technology but not among each other.
    I wouldn't buy a DVD-recorder before 2 of this 3 formats are kicked out of the race.

[This message has been edited by MusicFreak (edited 04 July 2000).]