The Space

iiyama17iiyama17 Posts: 721
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it possible to view The Space using a Humax Youview STB? The Space's website says it is available on Freeview HD channel 232 and as the Humax receivers are Freeview HD capable I would hope you could. But then I read somewhere that they don't support any IPTV channels because they are competing with Youview. Which doesn't really explain why my HDR Fox T2 doesn't work either since that isn't a Youview device!

Humax, in typical fashion, haven't bothered to reply to an email I sent them a few months back (no surprise there - support isn't their strong point is it?) so can anyone shed any light please?

Comments

• joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    iiyama17 wrote: »
    Is it possible to view The Space using a Humax Youview STB? The Space's website says it is available on Freeview HD channel 232 and as the Humax receivers are Freeview HD capable I would hope you could. But then I read somewhere that they don't support any IPTV channels because they are competing with Youview. Which doesn't really explain why my HDR Fox T2 doesn't work either since that isn't a Youview device!

Humax, in typical fashion, haven't bothered to reply to an email I sent them a few months back (no surprise there - support isn't their strong point is it?) so can anyone shed any light please?

Yes, I can

The Space and the Vision TV channels use a spec called MHEG-IC which the DTG only made it mandatory a few years back - recently, but before then it was only optional

If you look on the Vision TV website it lists what equipment is compatible with these services, I have included the link below, the list now includes the Roku Internet set top boxes as well that Sky has recently joined

http://www.visiontvnetwork.co.uk/how-to/watch#q001

Supported Devices are Here http://www.visiontvnetwork.co.uk/faq

And Click on Freeview HD Devices at the top and then on Supported Devices
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iiyama17 wrote: »
    Which doesn't really explain why my HDR Fox T2 doesn't work either since that isn't a Youview device!
    The HDR doesn't support the IPTV channels because it wasn't mandatory for certification at the time the box was released. I don't think Humax have officially commented on whether they have plans to update the software to support the IPTV channels in the future. Perhaps you could try asking on the Humax UK Facebook page where they are a bit more responsive.
  • iiyama17iiyama17 Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just emailed Youview directly asking whether they have taken a commercial decision to exclude other IPTV services or not. It seems ridiculous that the major hardware manufacturer for Youview doesn't support some IPTV services provided by 2 of its stakeholders.