Rylan was great fun short term, but has destroyed the show's credibility long term

Comments

• FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets be honest very few people that have ever taken part in the x factor have star quality with just one or two exceptions (Alex and Leona). As for Rylan, so many people did'nt bother watching once they started putting that clown through. It was just farcical.

Wagner ( sort of equivalent role) didn't seem to affect 2010 too much though.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody should be tuning into the X Factor expecting a serious singing competition. That isn't what it is, nor has it been for a long time, The word 'circus' would be a far more accurate description for the majority of the competition.

- tim
  • The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think anyone remembers or even cares. This is Saturday night fluff after all, not Newsnight.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    We need to stop talking about him tbh........the more attention he gets, the more his big head will grow, just like those big teeth of his!!!!!:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

To be fair, his head needs to grow a bit to accommodate all his new teeth.;)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Nobody should be tuning into the X Factor expecting a serious singing competition. That isn't what it is, nor has it been for a long time, The word 'circus' would be a far more accurate description for the majority of the competition.

- tim

The judges only trotted out the "It's a singing competition" line when it suited them or twisted it to suit their agenda.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louis needs to find the one true "rule book"...
  • carlyxxxcarlyxxx Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    He's no worse than John & Edward, Wagner or Diva Fever.

I stopped watching series six after John & Edward beat Lucie.
    I stopped watching series seven after Katie beat Treyc.
    I stopped watching series nine after Rylan beat Carolynne.

Any stupid decisions will make me switch off. If the show is just going to chase after headlines, thinking it will boost ratings, then I certainly won't help them with that, and I'll do the exact opposite of what they want the viewers to do.

The X Factor format is so good, it really doesn't need acts like Rylan to help it. The Voice is all about talent, yet it doesn't interest me at all because the format is absolute rubbish. If The X Factor focused on a good, talented cast for the live shows, nothing can beat it.

I really wish gary was the head judge in season 6 due to the jedward rubbish then Lucie would have got further. Obviusly in season 8 I would have prefered if gary saved sophie but I do respect garys decisions compared to simons.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm no you cant. So a sign of being successful is to have teeth that are far to big for your mouth? Id rather be poor thanks.
    He'd wanted his teeth done for a long time and is now finally in a position to have them done. It was by choice and I'd do exactly the same. Doesn't matter if people don't like them, he does and they're perfect. :)
  • gazzatheredgazzathered Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    He'd wanted his teeth done for a long time and is now finally in a position to have them done. It was by choice and I'd do exactly the same. Doesn't matter if people don't like them, he does and they're perfect. :)

So you would pay for teeth that are far to big for your mouth? Why would you do that? Surely natural looking teeth that are a normal size would be better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you would pay for teeth that are far to big for your mouth? Why would you do that? Surely natural looking teeth that are a normal size would be better.
    They're not too big for his mouth??? They look great to me. I don't think he needed them doing because they looked fine before, but I love them now.
  • plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member

Rylan himself even thinks they look stupid .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan himself even thinks they look stupid .
    Are you actually being serious or???

"I was in a position now to get them done. I like them and at the end of the day, the people that have been piping up about my teeth, half of them haven't even got a tooth in their heads! I know I've done well as my teeth have got their own Twitter page! Cheers for that guys! I appreciate it."

That's what he said about it so clearly more false information. Boring :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Are you actually being serious or???

"I was in a position now to get them done. I like them and at the end of the day, the people that have been piping up about my teeth, half of them haven't even got a tooth in their heads! I know I've done well as my teeth have got their own Twitter page! Cheers for that guys! I appreciate it."

That's what he said about it so clearly more false information. Boring :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
    What do you expect him to say in public ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :rolleyes:
    What do you expect him to say in public ?
    Ohhh. So you're trying to claim that you know him on a personal level now? It gets worse. :D
    Forum Member
    Ohhh. So you're trying to claim that you know him on a personal level now? It gets worse. :D

I've actually met rylan numerous times
    Forum Member

Your such a deluded fan of this talentless fame hunter that even if he had one of his ears cut off and grafted to his chin you would think that looked good too.....This is why celebrity is there in the first place so the talentless could have a job title and idiots will throw money at them. What exactly is his talent?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've actually met rylan numerous times
    Same.
    Your such a deluded fan of this talentless fame hunter that even if he had one of his ears cut off and grafted to his chin you would think that looked good too.....This is why celebrity is there in the first place so the talentless could have a job title and idiots will throw money at them. What exactly is his talent?
    Quit with the insults. Whether his teeth look good is a personal opinion NOT a fact so stop trying to belittle people who think differently to you and give him a break.

He has many talents; singing, songwriting, performing, modelling, presenting... Stay mad that he's a success.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He has many talents; singing, songwriting, performing, modelling, presenting...

Oh how standards have lowered.
  • SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same.

Quit with the insults. Whether his teeth look good is a personal opinion NOT a fact so stop trying to belittle people who think differently to you and give him a break.

He has many talents; singing, songwriting, performing, modelling, presenting... Stay mad that he's a success.

The bit in bold I might grant him, but the rest...

:D:D:o

Delusional.

And modelling?! Modelling?! Really? He looks like Mr Ed!! Everytime I see him I want to feed him carrots and sugar cubes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SweetSyrup wrote: »
    The bit in bold I might grant him, but the rest...

:D:D:o

Delusional.

And modelling?! Modelling?! Really? He looks like Mr Ed!! Everytime I see him I want to feed him carrots and sugar cubes.
    He's got a perfect body.

Some of his shoots if you're interested:
    http://i.imgur.com/ki3MzD1.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/1iK4hDD.png
    http://i.imgur.com/GGQdUTL.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/PaCmZ5T.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek::eek:

Oh God. I feel like I couldn't help but take a peek at the sun during a solar eclipse... Not sure I'll ever get my eyesight back.

He is a skinny mess, even photo shop couldn't work miracles. I suggest Mr Clark ups his diet to at least two celery sticks a day minimum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HA! His body is just like that of billions of skinny young blokes in the world, but with a spray tan.

- tim
    Forum Member
    Celebrity...pah. if presenters only got paid 400 quid a week Rylan wouldnt do it? He gets paid more than young men fighting in Afghanistan. Thats the tragedy of the celebrity culture. Utter madness. Anyone who is presentable enough with an average brain in their head could present.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SweetSyrup wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Oh God. I feel like I couldn't help but take a peek at the sun during a solar eclipse... Not sure I'll ever get my eyesight back.

He is a skinny mess, even photo shop couldn't work miracles. I suggest Mr Clark ups his diet to at least two celery sticks a day minimum.
    Better be skinny than fat. :yawn:
    HA! His body is just like that of billions of skinny young blokes in the world, but with a spray tan.

- tim
    He's gotta have the face for it aswell which he does... It's not easy to get into modelling and he did when he was 16 so there has obviously always been potential there that people have seen.
    Celebrity...pah. if presenters only got paid 400 quid a week Rylan wouldnt do it? He gets paid more than young men fighting in Afghanistan. Thats the tragedy of the celebrity culture. Utter madness. Anyone who is presentable enough with an average brain in their head could present.
    Pretty sure he'd present for free. It's his dream job and he absolutely loves it. You're actually SO wrong in saying that "anyone could present" because it takes skill to be a natural, fun, entertaining presenter. Rylan has changed MANY views of him doing this job because he's proved that he has got it. He's brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's gotta have the face for it aswell which he does... It's not easy to get into modelling and he did when he was 16 so there has obviously always been potential there that people have seen.

Please do elaborate, which are these modelling projects he did from 16 and via which agency? Model's One, Select, Gucci, Prada?

Surely you don't mean the Katie Price modelling show which had under one hundred applicants and was primarily casting for "characters" on a reality show? ... They couldn't even afford to give the winner her prize in the end :D:D

;)