*The Most Disturbing Scene You Have Seen on TV*

Comments

• BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade Goody sticking a wine bottle up her front bottom. I don't think I will ever recover from that......

Oh, I remember hearing about that. I was just a wee innocent child, and heard people in the playground talking about 'the girl on Big Brother who put a wine bottle up her bum'
    Which made me wince :D

For me it was on Grange Hill, soon after I started watching it. Long after the show started, but before it turned awful. One girl had a french pen pal, only it turned out he;d been lying about his age and turned up in a van during cross country (:D) and bundled her into it. Terrified me :p
  • countesscountess Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    pedrok wrote: »
    Actually, you never got to see the soldiers faces, they were not shown to save the mens families. You cannot remember what year this was, it was 1988, and you also seem to forget how this funeral came about. This was after loyalist murderer Michael Stone killed three mourners at an earlier funeral, which was also caught on camera, but seems to have slipped your mind.

I actually don't believe you remember or saw any of the attack on the British soldiers.

Jesus! So the guy forgot the year? I watched the Challenger disaster live on TV, but I couldn't tell you the year off the top of my head. There was no reason for him to mention why the funeral was taking place, the poster wasn't getting involved in the politics of the thing.

And as for saying the faces were not shown, I've seen pictures on the internet showing at least one of the guys faces. Maybe this is what the poster is referring to?

But maybe you're right, maybe richard cranium is a deluded internet fantasist...
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Obviously, the first is 9/11. I switched on the news @ 2pm and saw the first tower on fire, and then shortly after watched in disbelief as the 2nd plane came into view and went into the 2nd tower. Completely shocking, and even now, when any docu's are on TV, and these scenes are shown again, I still sit and watch in disbelief that it happened.

My most disturbing memory dates from that day as well... I was at work and didn't see things happening live, but was shocked me the most in the evening news was when they showed the people at the windows waving "flags" to call for help. Everything floored me that day, but nothing more so than this...
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dsrichard wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned Tommy Cooper dying live on stage. This is now a grotesque youtube hit. Awful to watch.

Admittedly I went to view this when I saw this post. I was a fan of Tommy and was watching the show when my mum forced me to go to the local for her. I couldn't believe it when I got back and not only was his act gone but he was 'gone' too. I had always wondered what others witnessed that I didn't and wondered how they could laugh thinking it was part of the act. Now I know.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade Goody sticking a wine bottle up her front bottom. I don't think I will ever recover from that......

It wasn't Jade Goody.
    It was a girl called KINGA
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for (or rather against) naked Keith Chegwin.
    Forum Member
    Recent one for me was that guy being boiled alive in The Tudors last week! The scream was horrific!

That reminds me of the scene at the beginning of "Elizabeth 1st" (the one with Helen Mirren) when they graphically show a man being disembowled and quartered. Switched off straight away!
    Forum Member
    tinkersmum wrote: »
    A good few years ago, some C4 (it would be) programme about the animals that are eaten in the Orient (not sure which country, so shan't say for risk of offence) and I recall
    the snake that was having it's head cut off while evidently still alive (in other words, the head removal was the method of killing) - it was blatantly suffering; and the cat that was put into some kind of liquid (I hope I remember incorrectly and it WASN'T a deep fat fryer) again, this was the method of killing - it's mouth was opening and closing as it died in the liquid.
    Hunting tortoises (WTF - they're not likely to off at the same speed as a fox....) and then the removal of the shell - on some living with tribes type programme not to long ago.
    And then, only the other night on Jimmy's Farming Heroes- watching the deers being gently to slaughter (so as to make the meat tastier) until they ended up in a tiny room where the slaughter man lifted some kind of flap and looked down on them. The deer looked up in curiosity (I mean - imagine.....those eyes....) and got a bolt in the brain.

(I'm an animal lover)

Anything to do with animal cruelty. Couldn't watch the recent McCartney programme (before the divorce) about China and how they skin dogs alive ... *shivers at the mere thought of it*
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with Salem's Lot, 9/11 and The Woman in Black.

Also Dr Who episodes 'Blink' and 'The Empty Child'.

A strong stomach was also needed for Vanessa Feltz and Matthew Wright being Renee and Renato on Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes!
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    countess wrote: »
    Jesus! So the guy forgot the year? I watched the Challenger disaster live on TV, but I couldn't tell you the year off the top of my head. There was no reason for him to mention why the funeral was taking place, the poster wasn't getting involved in the politics of the thing.

And as for saying the faces were not shown, I've seen pictures on the internet showing at least one of the guys faces. Maybe this is what the poster is referring to?

But maybe you're right, maybe richard cranium is a deluded internet fantasist...

Yes he forgot the year, that surprises me.

I would have thought he may have mentioned the murder of three people a few days earlier on tv as well.

Had the question been 'the most disturbing thing seen on the internet' then I could have went with your reasoning. But as he claimed that he would never forget the look of terror on those young mens faces, yet he couldn't have seen the look of terror on those young mens faces from tv pictures at the time, they were never shown at the time. Which leads me to question if he actually saw it at the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real life events aside, I'll have to put in my vote for Carter and Lucy being stabbed in ER. It wasn't Carter being stabbed that was the disturbing thing, it was him falling and seeing Lucy lying there, realising that she'd been there for ages. I was young-ish when I saw that episode first and I remember going up to my room afterwards and just shaking before bursting into tears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyatt and Gretchen being tortured in Prison Break were both very disturbing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh, I remember hearing about that. I was just a wee innocent child, and heard people in the playground talking about 'the girl on Big Brother who put a wine bottle up her bum'
    Which made me wince :D

For me it was on Grange Hill, soon after I started watching it. Long after the show started, but before it turned awful. One girl had a french pen pal, only it turned out he;d been lying about his age and turned up in a van during cross country (:D) and bundled her into it. Terrified me :p

Tanya? I remember that- Tanya was my alltime fave character :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Yep, I'd definitely say 9/11.
  • Chocolate MonkeChocolate Monke Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    Actually, you never got to see the soldiers faces, they were not shown to save the mens families. You cannot remember what year this was, it was 1988, and you also seem to forget how this funeral came about. This was after loyalist murderer Michael Stone killed three mourners at an earlier funeral, which was also caught on camera, but seems to have slipped your mind.

I actually don't believe you remember or saw any of the attack on the British soldiers.

Jeez, lay off. Absolutely no need for you to jump on the poster like that. Does it really matter if he remembers it incorrectly and if you believe him? That's the thing about memories - they're not always accurate. Give him a break.

As for the most disturbing thing I've seen on tv, it has to be 9/11.

Fictional tv? Then I'd have to say Ghostwatch, with the outline of the ghost on the curtain. I think I'm right in remembering the audience were asked to ring in if they spotted anything odd and me badgering my dad to ring in and tell them. He didn't!

Imagine that now, with all the phone line scandals, given that it wasn't broadcast live. Does anyone remember if this was the case?
    Forum Member
    For me I think it has to be (fictional wise) Torchwood Children of Earth- either the policticians discussing which 10% of kids would die, or the kids being rounded up like animals, screaming and running while the soldiers showed no emotion. The other one for me is from Waterloo Road series 3, where the kdis were trapped in the corridor that was on fire.
    Yeah I'm a wimp :o
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear lolly-licker! Actually kids are quite scary.. I think it's because we see them as being so innocent and so when they turn evil we don't know how to handle it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me I think it has to be (fictional wise) Torchwood Children of Earth- either the policticians discussing which 10% of kids would die, or the kids being rounded up like animals, screaming and running while the soldiers showed no emotion. The other one for me is from Waterloo Road series 3, where the kdis were trapped in the corridor that was on fire.
    Yeah I'm a wimp :o

I rewatched Day 5 today for the first time since it was shown. That whole episode was just disturbing scene after disturbing scene, especially what happened to poor John Frobisher.

Actually, the entire series was disturbing. Seeing the kid in the tank, losing Ianto, everything that happened to Jack after the explosion.

:cry:
    Forum Member
    Oh dear lolly-licker! Actually kids are quite scary.. I think it's because we see them as being so innocent and so when they turn evil we don't know how to handle it.

"oh dear lolly-licker" :p Sorry, it's not really my fault! I haven't seen anything particularly shocking (thankfully) because I was in the right place at the right times :o And I'm a squeamish wimp so anything gorey (like the mentions of earlier posts with dead bodies going mouldy in cells) would make me vomit :p
    Forum Member
    marvola45 wrote: »
    I rewatched Day 5 today for the first time since it was shown. That whole episode was just disturbing scene after disturbing scene, especially what happened to poor John Frobisher.

Actually, the entire series was disturbing. Seeing the kid in the tank, losing Ianto, everything that happened to Jack after the explosion.

:cry:

You're right, I think Day 4 and 5 are by far the scariest/most harrowing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from 9/11 which haunts most of us to this day - and my Dad lived over there and watched it happen from the shores of New Jersey but couldn't phone us to say he was ok - in drama there was a programme about 5 years ago based on a true story about a Dad who wanted revenge on a gang who beat his son to death. I remember the scene where they kill the lad (it had James NEsbitt as the Dad) and I felt physically sick and couldn't sleep for nights afterwards as the images haunted me everytime I closed my eyes. It was made worse because it happened and the injuries were described and horrific. Can't remember what it was called... :(
    I also think the deep fat fryer scene was shocking as it was so brutal and unexpected. In fact there have been some pretty shocking scenes in scrubs. Poor Colin being tortured and hung...
    I can't watch any nature programmes as they disturb me eventhough I know they are 'natural' and although I'm not squeamish, i find ott/ extreme violence hard to take especially like the beating in True Blood one episode for example.
    But like others have said, a lot of the things on the news make me cold inside. James Bulger, Ian Huntley, Baby P etc
  • madrwyddygryfmadrwyddygryf Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    The protests against the school children in Belfast, being called 'dirty fenian ****'. Never forgot that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me the worst it is in Soprano's when Dr Melfi gets raped, it looked so real and her acting was amazing cos it was very difficult to watch.
  • KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I watched a documentary on the Japanese during the war. They used the Chinese like guinea-pigs. They operated on them with no anaesthetic. They cut them up and put diseases in them. They took organs out and swapped them round with others to see what happened - and kept them alive in writhing agony. They crucified hundreds of Chinese people at a time in a field, and set a bomb go off in the centre which blew off limbs but not enough to kill them. They would observe the damage and see how long they could last in the blazing sun in absolute agony. THAT is truly disturbing, the fact all this happened.

Just imagine if that happened again people.