Options

CAM required for PVR9150T (ESPN)

shedsevenshedseven Posts: 2,618
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am interested in taking the ESPN sports channel from TUTV, but would need a CAM for my box to insert the viewing card correctly. I've rang Humax and they said contact TUTV. I've emailed TUTV and they said I don't need a CAM just a viewing card. But my user manual says I do need a CAM. Does anyone with a Humax PVR have Setanta/ESPN via a CAM/card, and if so, where do you obtain it from please.

Comments

• Options
    tony190tony190 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    shedseven wrote: »
    I am interested in taking the ESPN sports channel from TUTV, but would need a CAM for my box to insert the viewing card correctly. I've rang Humax and they said contact TUTV. I've emailed TUTV and they said I don't need a CAM just a viewing card. But my user manual says I do need a CAM. Does anyone with a Humax PVR have Setanta/ESPN via a CAM/card, and if so, where do you obtain it from please.

:rolleyes: Ignore what TUTV told you as you will need a cam although I have a 9200 it uses the same interface ,I used to subscribe to Sentanta and bought my cam via Argos I tried as an experiment just inserting the card on its own and the Hummy did not recognize it until I inserted both Cam and card together
  • Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    Do a search for 'Setanta CAM pack' the CAM/card will be compatible with ESPN/TUTV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got my Setanta CAM while they were still on the go from Comet, but even then it was murder to try and track one down at a reasonable price. good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I've ordered one on line. Will the Setanta card be ok, or will I need TUTV to send me a new one for ESPN?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there should be a topup tv card in the pack with the CAM so all you'll need to do is register by phone for ESPN :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, cam and card arrived today, followed instructions regarding installation, signed up for ESPN with TUTV, they said signal would be sent out roughly about 2130. However, do I have a problem as when I call up 'common interface' in the menu, it says slot 1 empty, yet the cam/card have been in for a good hour and a half. Hmmm.

Update, box appears to 'see' TUTV cam in slot one now. I am now seeing a message 'common interface error message' - 'you are not entitled to watch this program'. Does that indicate a problem or could it be that TUTV haven't activated my card yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK, cam and card arrived today, followed instructions regarding installation, signed up for ESPN with TUTV, they said signal would be sent out roughly about 2130. However, do I have a problem as when I call up 'common interface' in the menu, it says slot 1 empty, yet the cam/card have been in for a good hour and a half. Hmmm.

:o make sure your tuned into Channel 5 as for some reason thats the one that they update on,or tune out to another station then tune back in to espn chn 34
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony190 wrote: »
    :o make sure your tuned into Channel 5 as for some reason thats the one that they update on,or tune out to another station then tune back in to espn chn 34

Hi Tony, I have tuned the box to C5 since I rang TUTV. I have tried tuning out and back to C34 but I still get the same message 'you are not entitled to watch this program' I've taken the viewing card out and made sure it is the correct way up (and put it back in the cam) but still nothing. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Tony, I have tuned the box to C5 since I rang TUTV. I have tried tuning out and back to C34 but I still get the same message 'you are not entitled to watch this program' I've taken the viewing card out and made sure it is the correct way up (and put it back in the cam) but still nothing. :(
    It looks as though the problem is their end,if not done so give it another try this morning,by tunning to chn 34,if no joy get on phone,keep me informed as I am about to reuse my old setanta card with them,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they told me to have my tv on Channel 16 (QVC) to activate. took over 24 hours for it to be done for me.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FIVE is no longer recommended as it's not on MUX A in post DSO areas.
    tony190 wrote: »
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wgmorg wrote: »
    FIVE is no longer recommended as it's not on MUX A in post DSO areas.
    :oThanks for the info on that I'm looking to reinstate my old card with them and like most new things you have to expect a few probs so I will give it a few more days then make the call
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing. I have just spent over ten mintutes trying to get through to TUTV. When I did get through, the chap said there has been a problem with sending the signal out and to leave the box tuned to Ch16 (QVC) and to check ch34 (ESPN) to see if it has come through. He said to ring back in a couple of days if no further joy. This is my first dealings with TUTV, not a great start, I have to say.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still nothing. I have just spent over ten mintutes trying to get through to TUTV. When I did get through, the chap said there has been a problem with sending the signal out and to leave the box tuned to Ch16 (QVC) and to check ch34 (ESPN) to see if it has come through. He said to ring back in a couple of days if no further joy. This is my first dealings with TUTV, not a great start, I have to say.....

:rolleyes: I find that comment of "having trouble getting the signal out"a bit strange as TUTV have been around for a while and should be on top of the game,but I have been having ESPN on channel 34 practically since Sentanta went belly up and only since Saturday when I was flagged unable to watch due to it being a encrypted channel meaning they had NO trouble getting the signal out to turn off my card,but like I said in a previous post New Players you can expect a few teething probs but ring back in a few days is taking the Piss if they have taken your money,irrespective of the first month free garbage,keep me up to date Sheds as to when you finally get it on your box
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Can anyone recommend a reliable Cam, and how much do they cost?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no ESPN and I signed up TWO DAYS ago!! I think I might have to ring them again :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PB@NOTW wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a reliable Cam, and how much do they cost?

I ordered mine from cpc on line. just searched for setanta cam and they had them in stock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no ESPN and I signed up TWO DAYS ago!! I think I might have to ring them again :(

Got through to customer services. They got me to switch my box off and on again, take out the viewing card and put back in. Told to leave box tuned to Ch16 (even in standby) and they will send a signal. Told signal could be a couple of hours, but could be 6 hours before channel is live. I simply can't believe it takes 2 or 3 DAYS to activate a viewing card. Really not impressed and starting to lose confidence in TUTV. Will I have ESPN switched on in time for the football on saturday?? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Im on! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like Im on! :D
    :)It took them long enough,If I remember I will try this weekend and see how long it takes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I'm having the same problem with tutv im using a humax 9200t they told me i didn't need a cam.it maddens me to think they sell a product take your money but dont sell or even provide the tools to watch there services i too are loosing faith with it all.the cam i have is a matrix i purchased from falcon sat.com and in all fairness the bloke did say its a compatible cam if it doesn't work send it back.
    the phone calls alone to tutv would have paid a years subs to sky ive had my card since 12.09.09 im still looking for a cam may have found one on pulsat.com espn cam £69.95 realy naffed off about it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Setanta cam packs are still available and cost a lot less.
  • Options
    StoppingServiceStoppingService Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wgmorg wrote: »
    Setanta cam packs are still available and cost a lot less.

Search "Setanta CAM card" on eBay!
  • Options
    StoppingServiceStoppingService Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    sdykins wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with tutv im using a humax 9200t they told me i didn't need a cam ... i'm still looking for a cam may have found one on pulsat.com espn cam £69.95 realy naffed off about it all.

You can buy all the hardware needed to watch live ESPN (and/or record it to a VCR or DVD recorder) for £10-20 (inc. delivery) on eBay!

Regards
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member

you can get them from comet for £14.99. I did it yesterday. I already had a card but you will need to call ESPN.