Help requested - HUMAX 9150T recording problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
Hi

I purchased a Humax PVR 9150T shortly after Christmas and have been have a problem with recording in the past few days, namely that new recordings frequently overwrite previous recordings and create duplicate entries. Any advice on this would be much appreciated

The crux of the problem is that when I try and record programmes, it doesn't record it correctly and as a separate entry, but as a duplicate of other entries, typically overwriting the other entry in the process. This doesn't happen all the time, but on a fairly regular basis, probably for around 50% of programmes. For example, when I currently look down my recorded programmes list, I have 4 entries for Proof of Life and 4 entries for Volver – most of the programmes recorded prior to that have been overwritten. Sometimes if I delete one of the entries, then the others will revert to what they were before, so the underlying information might still be present.

I haven't done much yet to try and sort this out. I tried unplugging it overnight and have checked that my memory is nowhere near full, but I haven't gone any further. I am loath to try completely resetting the box without know that it will solve the programmes as it will still delete some programmes which I want to keep.

So, has anyone else had a similar problem and managed to solve it or am I on my own here? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Ed

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I purchased a Humax PVR 9150T shortly after Christmas and have been have a problem with recording in the past few days, namely that new recordings frequently overwrite previous recordings and create duplicate entries. Any advice on this would be much appreciated
    These are classic signs of a corrupt file system. You will need to format the drive from the HDD control menu item and will lose your recordings. It is a bit worrying that this has happened so soon after purchasing the 9150. If it happens again then contact Humax to discus it with them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    These are classic signs of a corrupt file system. You will need to format the drive from the HDD control menu item and will lose your recordings. It is a bit worrying that this has happened so soon after purchasing the 9150. If it happens again then contact Humax to discus it with them.

I've got exactly the same problem. It started when I reached about 43 saved recordings, although the HDD is less than half full. Now if I delete a few, I can sometimes make a new recording ok, but the problem happens again as soon as I get back to about 43. I don't want to re-format and lose all my recordings and I haven't got time to sit down and watch them all. So I'm pretty much stuck not being able to use the 9150, and will have to consider using the old VCR instead.

It's a bit of a coincidence if I've got a disk corruption which gives me identical symptoms to those of eddiehawker. Sounds like a possible bug.

Incidentally my box crashes periodically with a frozen picture while watching live TV, and I have to turn the mains power off to get it going again. I can't remember if this first happened before the overwriting started, I suppose if it did it could have affected the HDD. Maybe ?

Eddie - did you ever fix your box, or reformat the HDD. Has it happened again ?