*The CBB7 Ratings Thread* (Merged)

SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
Forum Member
✭✭
Confirmed start date of the last ever Celebrity Big Brother from Davina: 3rd January. A Sunday. Good decision I think, I have suggested a Sunday launch for years.

Too late for good ideas though. ;) Dancing On Ice won't start then will it? :eek:

*The BB10 Ratings Thread*

CBB6 Ratings Thread

CBB6 Series Average (Official): 3.3m (down 1.3m on CBB5)
BB10 Series Average (Official): 2.5m (down 1.1m on BB9)

I do think BB11 could do better than BB10 but unless there's some mega-signing, I can't see CBB7 halting the decline.

Comments

• Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Doesn't really matter now either way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If it can stay above 2m then I'll say it's been a roaring success. :D
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as it gets over 2m, it will be a miracle for Channel 4.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I think above 2 million is expected. I wouldn't call that a 'success'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna go out on a whim, even though no schedules have been released yet, and say I think it'll launch with an average of 3.4 million viewers and a peak of 3.7 million.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling quite a lot will tune in for this one, if only to embarrass C4 for dropping BB :p
  • rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley Jones is the Executive Producer of CBB7 which is good news. I'm sure the actual show will be better than last year's poor CBB series, but I reckon the ratings will be about a million down.

All Monday-Thurday episodes in the first week are at 10pm,. Recently, 10pm episodes haven't rated as well as 9pm ones.

As for live feed (sorry to bring it up!), there's just one hour in daytime on E4 around 1-2pm. There's the night feed as well, but that's pretty useless as I bet the celebs will be asleep by then.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    CBB7 will be a massive flop. Will probably struggle to reach 2m.

The only thing that can save it will be if there is someone REALLY famous and well known in there.
  • Student@30Student@30 Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame CBB8 isn't happening you could have had quite a few famous Labour MP's in there ;)
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think ratings will be down, as last year I felt we were left with the hardcore viewers, the actual fans, and they won't be turning off.
    Forum Member
    rzt wrote: »
    Shirley Jones is the Executive Producer of CBB7 which is good news. I'm sure the actual show will be better than last year's poor CBB series, but I reckon the ratings will be about a million down.

All Monday-Thurday episodes in the first week are at 10pm,. Recently, 10pm episodes haven't rated as well as 9pm ones.

As for live feed (sorry to bring it up!), there's just one hour in daytime on E4 around 1-2pm. There's the night feed as well, but that's pretty useless as I bet the celebs will be asleep by then.

The woman behind BB5? I'm not sure even she can turn it round now. Though that has raised my expectations a little.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rzt wrote: »

Has Shirley Jones been in charge of a series since BB5? Much of BB5's success was down to the cast, in CBB there's less control over who goes in.. I doubt there's enough candidates for them to be choosy over who goes in! It can't be any worse than CBB6 though, the only time I've genuinely given up on a series. They should make the celebs earn their fee somehow - even if that means the chance of getting any proper celebs is diminished.
    I dont think ratings will be down, as last year I felt we were left with the hardcore viewers, the actual fans, and they won't be turning off.

They must have nearly bottomed out now but it can be seen from some of the poorer BB10 ratings that less than 2m people will always watch BB.
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    So ShirleyJones is back, any idea where she has been since CBB3.
    Forum Member
    mintbro wrote: »
    So ShirleyJones is back, any idea where she has been since CBB3.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0429251/
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shirley Jones gives me hope :)

Produced 2 of my all time favourite series' (BB5 and CBB3). I don't think this will make much difference to viewing figures though. I reckon it'll hover around the same level as BB10 (2.4/2.5) or maybe a bit lower.

The only thing that might help win back a bigger audience is the return of constant live streaming or a very big name going in.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the ad the other day and weirdly, I was almost pissed off! NOW you make an effort with the promo?! NOW that the whole thing has already been ditched? :mad::D

The Celebrity series always has more chance than the main series because the names can be a draw so you do have a slight chance of bringing people through the door (so to speak). Realistically, history shows us that they won't stick around!

Shirley Jones obviously has an encouraging background having done BB5 and CBB3. But then again, Sharon Powers and Phil Edgar-Jones oversaw those series as well, so it's no guarantee!

It really comes down to new ideas. Sharon has run a decent production since she took over again, it hasn't been the shambles of BB8. But it has also been stale and repetitive hence the continued decline.

It'll be interesting to see if they even bother changing things. At this point, I can't see much movement in the ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well today's the day and I think, in ratings terms, the launch could do very well actually.

It's been years since the tabloids have been all over BB but The News of the World, The People and The Star (that's the ones I've seen) are all carrying CBB as their front page. The NOTW have an interview with Alex Reid with the headline "ALEX: DANE SAID HE'D KILL ME" with Alex saying Dane is "Lucky not to be dead" :eek: after the NY bust up.

The People: Jordan's Fears For Lovers: Celeb Big Brother beefs up security

The Star: Ex-SAS bodyguards poised as.. Big Bruv hit by security threat. :D

Clearly this is one very big publicity stunt but why not? 6m for tomorrow? Definitely over 5m.
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »
    Well today's the day and I think, in ratings terms, the launch could do very well actually.

It's been years since the tabloids have been all over BB but The News of the World, The People and The Star (that's the ones I've seen) are all carrying CBB as their front page. The NOTW have an interview with Alex Reid with the headline "ALEX: DANE SAID HE'D KILL ME" with Alex saying Dane is "Lucky not to be dead" :eek: after the NY bust up.

The People: Jordan's Fears For Lovers: Celeb Big Brother beefs up security

The Star: Ex-SAS bodyguards poised as.. Big Bruv hit by security threat. :D

Clearly this is one very big publicity stunt but why not? 6m for tomorrow? Definitely over 5m.

I'd be incredibly happy with over 5m. If it is a strong launch, I'd give it a series average of about 3m
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be incredibly happy with over 5m. If it is a strong launch, I'd give it a series average of about 3m

As long as they don't balls it up with an awful launch twist like BB10. I could see this CBB acheiving around 2.5m-3m average depending on what it's like. Judging by who the exec. is I;d say it's gonna be a decent series, despite how much C4 try to destroy it.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    well the publicity this year has been bigger than what i have seen before. it wouldnt surprise me if jordan went in it with alex :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict the biggest ever fall off of viewers during an episode of CBB tonight. Lots will tune in...but quickly switch off once it becomes obvious just how z-list the lineup is.
    Forum Member
    Three Sunday papers featured yesterday's housemate scrap on their front pages today (NOTW, The People and of course, The Star) and more than one BB story is featured on their respective (and The Sun's) homepages, so it will be interesting to see how tonight does.
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the launch could do quite well tonight.

A lot of young viewers will be watching Top Gear and The Simpsons Movie until 9pm.

The pressure is off really. Doesn't matter what it gets.
  • open_endedopen_ended Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the launch will go down very well...

The Simpsons Movie is on before it, it's FREEZING outside i assume people will be huddled in the living room lol, curious of the celebs and the fact its the last ever CBB.

Prediction for tonight : 3.8mil, peaking at 4.2mil