Options

Children In Need top 50 moments

chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
Forum Member
✭✭
Channelhopping last night, I stumbled over this on BBC3. Highlights of Children in Need of years gone by. It was into the top ten when I caught it, and I switched off when celebrity chefs stripped. (Although i did linger for a moment to see James Martin;))

Anyhow, my point is ... did anyone see it, and did it have any DW content? A clip of Dimensions in Time, maybe? (I would think probably not, as the DiT cast and crew gave their time on the proviso that it never be repeated). What about the SJA Ronnie Corbett thing?

Or was it all soap stars and the humiliation of newsreaders dressed as Abba?

The show may be repeated. (Gawd 'elp us).

Comments

• Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Dimensions in Time didn't feature, but Time Crash was at #9 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah. I'd have thought "Pickled in time like gherkins in a jar!" would be sufficient to guarantee a premiership placing ...
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what time tonights xmas special preview is due to air during CIN?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God the show mentioned here was awful, and plagued full of ****ing Eastenders clips, there wasn't even any Merlin.
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    The preview is on at 8:30 pm (approximately)
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sepmix wrote: »
    God the show mentioned here was awful, and plagued full of ****ing Eastenders clips, there wasn't even any Merlin.

That's probably because that CIN is designed to appeal to the entire UK audience to maximise funds raised, like it or not Eastenders regularly gets over double the audience that Merlin gets and has been around 22 years longer, is it any surprise?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the clips I saw were rather good. The Corrie cast doing Oliver was very good fun. Tonight has EE and Corrie characters meeting each other, which seems like a fun idea. Worth watching for that, and the DW bit. (Mind you, as it's a preview of the Christmas episode, I might just wait til Crimbo and see it properly).

Why would anyone want to watch Merlin? Even if it's for charity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the clips I saw were rather good. The Corrie cast doing Oliver was very good fun. Tonight has EE and Corrie characters meeting each other, which seems like a fun idea. Worth watching for that, and the DW bit. (Mind you, as it's a preview of the Christmas episode, I might just wait til Crimbo and see it properly).

Why would anyone want to watch Merlin? Even if it's for charity?

Oooohhh, that's controversial :eek:

I'm assuming it's going to be the 1st 90 seconds of "A Christmas Carol" as with last years TEoT segment - Matt and Karen have to put in an appearance though, surely?
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooohhh, that's controversial :eek:

I'm assuming it's going to be the 1st 90 seconds of "A Christmas Carol" as with last years TEoT segment - Matt and Karen have to put in an appearance though, surely?

They're holding a tea party in the TARDIS tonight, too :)
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're holding a tea party in the TARDIS tonight, too :)

Is Sarah Palin invited? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Sarah Palin invited? ;)

Ooohhhh...she could look into the heart of the TARDIS and be reduced to a Tea Bag and then boiled :D
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Was Dimensions in Time on CIN? IIRC it was on Noel's House-party.

Anyhow, best Who/CIN moment would be The Five Doctors surely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooohhhh...she could look into the heart of the TARDIS and be reduced to a Tea Bag and then boiled :D

slowly of course. :D
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member

Just throw her off the side of a ship in Boston Harbour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slowly of course. :D

Simmer gently until done, then squeeze and no drips...unlike the Cabinet we end up with BG :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

They showed it at 8!!......good job I was watching!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Was Dimensions in Time on CIN? IIRC it was on Noel's House-party.

Anyhow, best Who/CIN moment would be The Five Doctors surely?

Showing a bit of 5 Drs might stretch the "done for charity" aspect of it!

DiT pt.1 was on Children In Need, pt.2 followed the next night on No*l's House Party.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was also an agreement with Equity that Dimensions In Time would never be repeated or used for commercial gain, because none of the actors were paid for their time. (Source: The Fact of Fiction, DWM 428)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    There was also an agreement with Equity that Dimensions In Time would never be repeated or used for commercial gain, because none of the actors were paid for their time. (Source: The Fact of Fiction, DWM 428)

A blessing methinks. Although I'm sure there are some out there who would like to see it on DVD! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it! It's hilarious! I like my DW to have a touch of fun to it, and not take itself too seriously. Dimensions In Time is barking mad, and doesn't even try to tell a proper story. (I must get my copy out of the box of videoes in the attic and give it another airing).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Seems like the BBC are missing a trick though, package up all the Children in Need Dr Who stuff onto a DVD and sell it to raise money for Children in Need. Would that keep Equity happy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was an agreement with Equity (actors union), and all the crew members' unions too. They gave their time for free, as a one-off, with dotted lines signed promising no repeats, etc. Even for charity.

Note that Terry Nation refused Dalek involvement. Even for charity.