The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooltv wrote: »
    Just been watching someone stream it, he got half way through the install and got banned.

Is it purely because he was streaming it, or because he was installing early?

I only ask on the off chance my pre-ordered copy arrives early, because naturally I'd chuck it straight in my Xbox and start playing, but certainly wouldn't stream it, as I'd be too busy actually wanting to play myself :p
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Sounds like XBL on any night of the week :D

GTA: Online is certainly going to be interesting :D
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Is it purely because he was streaming it, or because he was installing early?

I only ask on the off chance my pre-ordered copy arrives early, because naturally I'd chuck it straight in my Xbox and start playing, but certainly wouldn't stream it, as I'd be too busy actually wanting to play myself :p

He was banned by Twitch TV for streaming it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Just pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox360 for £34.99 on Amazon - if you sign up to the Amazon Prime free 30 day trial (don't forget to cancel before trial ends or it costs £49/year) you get FREE guarenteed One Day Delivery meaning the game will be dispached 16/09/13 for guarenteed delivery via a courier with tracking on release day 17/09/13.

Seems better than putting trust in the sometimes unreliable Royal Mail service, or indeed queuing up to buy it in person instore!
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the online be like Minecraft and you join someones game? If so I am not sure i'm going to like it. If it's like say WoW where you join the world with a load of friends or randoms then that sounds good. Can anyone shed some light on this?
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tempobus wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox360 for £34.99 on Amazon - if you sign up to the Amazon Prime free 30 day trial (don't forget to cancel before trial ends or it costs £49/year) you get FREE guarenteed One Day Delivery meaning the game will be dispached 16/09/13 for guarenteed delivery via a courier with tracking on release day 17/09/13.

Seems better than putting trust in the sometimes unreliable Royal Mail service, or indeed queuing up to buy it in person instore!

Given the amount of stuff I buy online, I'm a full time member of Amazon Prime...
  • MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You get that (or did) without signing up to prime.

Or is that different to the offer they had on?
    Forum Member
    Mythica wrote: »
    You get that (or did) without signing up to prime.

Or is that different to the offer they had on?

Without Prime you get Free First Class delivery (via Royal Mail untracked) so technically it should arrive on release day - although is not guarenteed like it is with Prime One Day Delivery via courier :-)

Amazon Prime looks pretty good if you buy lots of stuff from them, I may well keep the subscription going for a year to see how it goes!
    Forum Member
    Also for those wanting the Brady Games strategy guide - they are still going cheap on Amazon at £7 (standard edition) or £13.39 (limited edition) also if you are planning on picking up the guide in person check out WHSmith - they will be selling the standard edition for £7.49 (50% off) from Tuesday 17th.
  • MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without Prime you get Free First Class delivery (via Royal Mail untracked) so technically it should arrive on release day - although is not guarenteed like it is with Prime One Day Delivery via courier :-)

Amazon Prime looks pretty good if you buy lots of stuff from them, I may well keep the subscription going for a year to see how it goes!

I thought it was guarenteed for release day. That was the point of the offer.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Amazon usually deliver on time via prime, but not always.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member

Do you have to sign for it with a courier and prime?
    I ordered it and got first class because im at college all day Tuesday, i wasn't aware of the courier service i thought Prime was slightly faster that's all.
  • soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question, I have played all the previous games on PC, and this will be my first GTA game on ps3. Does anyone know whether I will be able to play the driving sections using my steering wheel, and switch to Dualshock for the on foot bits?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm a member of Prime. For small items like CDs, DVDs and games, Prime still uses RM so it's very much reliant on how good RM are in your area... They certainly don't courier games unless it's a big package.
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Do you have to sign for it with a courier and prime?
    I ordered it and got first class because im at college all day Tuesday, i wasn't aware of the courier service i thought Prime was slightly faster that's all.

You don't have to sign for small items sent via Prime... they just come via RM with a big "One Day Prime" (or "Next Day Prime"... can't remember exactly and I got one only yesterday!) sticker on them. Admittedly, most of the stuff sent via RM does come in one day, but not always...
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I'm a member of Prime. For small items like CDs, DVDs and games, Prime still uses RM so it's very much reliant on how good RM are in your area... They certainly don't courier games unless it's a big package.

You don't have to sign for small items sent via Prime... they just come via RM with a big "One Day Prime" (or "Next Day Prime"... can't remember exactly and I got one only yesterday!) sticker on them. Admittedly, most of the stuff sent via RM does come in one day, but not always...

BiB well in the past First class from Amazon always arrive on time for release (ive used this 3 times now), io thought it might have been an independent service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    BiB well in the past First class from Amazon always arrive on time for release (ive used this 3 times now), io thought it might have been an independent service.

No it isn't. It relies on how good or bad RM are in your area. The last game I got from Amazon that was a supposed release day delivery was only a few weeks back, Saints Row 4, and that didn't turn up on release day at all. It was delivered late on the Saturday afternoon.
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone that's ordered from Shopto had there order dispatched yet?

They took the money from my account on Wednesday but it still says "Processing" on the website.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody that wants to watch some footage watch this

Doesn't start until nearer 30 minutes but starts off from the very start and shows about 20 minutes off the game.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/38682067

give's an idea of the game but no real game ending spoilers.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody that wants to watch some footage watch this

Doesn't start until nearer 30 minutes but starts off from the very start and shows about 20 minutes off the game.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/38682067

give's an idea of the game but no real game ending spoilers.

I won't be home until gone 4pm today, hope it's still available then. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I won't be home until gone 4pm today, hope it's still available then. :D

It's been up 3 hours so far so should be :) Quite enjoyed that as let me see different parts of the game without being too spoilerish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Weigh-Man wrote: »
    Has anyone that's ordered from Shopto had there order dispatched yet?

They took the money from my account on Wednesday but it still says "Processing" on the website.

They took the money for mine on Wednesday too and mine is still listed as processing. I'm sure I've read somewhere that they're going to post them out on the 14th to guarantee Tuesday delivery. If they leave it until Monday I imagine they'll have a lot of pissed off customers considering it's unlikely to arrive for release day if they leave it that late.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gone for the Limited edition strategy guide, looked to good to pass up, something to read on the crapper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    Gone for the Limited edition strategy guide, looked to good to pass up, something to read on the crapper.

Went for that myself though estimated delivery isn't anywhere near release date should give me time to do the main missions before using the strat guide for hiding items.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    has any one else noticed the when driving the seems to be frame rate issues while driving around the city ... and this xbox version not played the ps3 one yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has any one else noticed the when driving the seems to be frame rate issues while driving around the city ... and this xbox version not played the ps3 one yet

Are you talking about watching one of the poor quality vids or have you got a dodgy download?