Options

Should poor people be humble ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
In the past, humble could mean poor, but nowadays some poor people, according to the great and the good, do not appear sufficiently humble and some even appear to feel entitled, which should only be for those that were born higher up the social strata. So, should poor people learn more humility ?

Comments

• Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    In the past, humble could mean poor, but nowadays some poor people, according to the great and the good, do not appear sufficiently humble and some even appear to feel entitled, which should only be for those that were born higher. So, should poor people learn more humility ?

Why should they be humble for being poor?

Do you mean should they be grateful to the government and tax payers for giving them money to cloth, feed and shelter themselves?
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the past, humble could mean poor, but nowadays some poor people, according to the great and the good, do not appear sufficiently humble and some even appear to feel entitled, which should only be for those that were born higher up the social strata. So, should poor people learn more humility ?

Who do you mean by "the great and the good", pray tell?
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief. :(
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should be incredibly humble. I saw one the other day and it didn't even tip it's hat, call me "me lord" or ask me to spare a farthing.

Just can't get the unwashed commoners these days >:(
  • Options
    Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "petertard" - was ever a forum name so appropriate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Cor blimey guv'nor strike a light.

I feel so humble right now that I better go and clean some chimneys so's I can feed the kids.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only I had a forelock to tug...
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please Sir can I have some more!
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please Sir can I have some more!

No! That's NOT being humble!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Have you been on the gruel?.
  • Options
    GonerilGoneril Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well 'ere in the work'ouse us lot are very 'umble...us lot bow and scrape and wring us caps ,and kiss Mr Bumble's boots every morning.:cry:
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No! That's NOT being humble!

Being the ungrateful little bugger that I am Sir, I need more gruel Sir to nourish me so I can do all those orrible jobs Sir. Please Sir, I don't wanna starve, I need to do the shitty jobs you think you're too good to do. Please Sir, just some scraps!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowadays, some poor people are like a bit arrogant, what should only be for the toffs, who were born to it, but them poor people, they should be according to their social status, that is, poor is humble. I mean, Uriah Heap, he used to say how humble he was.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you have a thread in Chatter for these types of ponderings?
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You do talk some right crap.
  • Options
    WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, I think people in general should be more humble.

Not me, of course, because I'm better than the rest of you and false humility is beneath me. But everyone else, yeah.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very very umble sir.

Very Eavy Very Umble makes for Easy Livin'.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowadays, some poor people are like a bit arrogant, what should only be for the toffs, who were born to it, but them poor people, they should be according to their social status, that is, poor is humble. I mean, Uriah Heap, he used to say how humble he was.

Hard to be humble when you have a flatscreen TV and top of the range sports car.;-) And you get an X Box if you get sent to prison. Apparently.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

Geez, stop being a cock.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    right makes me yearn for master brainhiggy, so it does
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    What does your ma think?
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP sounds like Hyacynth Bucket :D
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this in the Tory manifesto?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Bow down before me peasant.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just stand still for a minute while I lick your boots:D

Erm..........you are joking?:o