GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• mialukemialuke Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Shaun Malone's twitter post on 30th January says;

3 weeks today gogglebox will be back

Which was a Friday and last series was Fridays and repeated Tuesdays - maybe that's what's happening again next series.

Wonder where the other Malone brother was in the Children's hospital video - first I though maybe he was at school as the sister looked older than school age, but surely he would have been there to see him leave the hospital and come home after 6 months :confused:
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a trailer during The Last Leg which said Friday the 20th.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain why the Gilbey family have been axed but not the Parker family ?

George Gilbey appeared on Celebrity Big Brother last year and because of this their family was axed from the show.

Dominic Parker goes on the Jump but him and his wife are allowed to stay on Googlebox.

I'm not a fan of Googlebox but George was my favourite on Celeb BB, this all seems a bit unfair to me.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the fact that the Jump airs on C4 has something to do with it. Does seem like a double standard though.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    DOCUMENTARY: Gogglebox
    On: Channel 4
    Date: Friday 20th February 2015 (starting in 10 days)
    Time: 21:00 to 22:00

Gogglebox returns for a new series. Britain's favourite opinionated TV viewers share their sharp, insightful, passionate and sometimes emotional critiques of the week's biggest and best shows.
    (Part 1 of 12, Subtitles, 4 Star)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=138271

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Can someone explain why the Gilbey family have been axed but not the Parker family ?

George Gilbey appeared on Celebrity Big Brother last year and because of this their family was axed from the show.

Dominic Parker goes on the Jump but him and his wife are allowed to stay on Googlebox.

I'm not a fan of Googlebox but George was my favourite on Celeb BB, this all seems a bit unfair to me.

I could not stand George but agree it makes no sense at all. Maybe they have friends in high places.

I was a fan of the posh couple but they seem to think they make the show but not in my eye's.
  • henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the silent Jay still in it?
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member

Probably because the poshos are seen as indispensible.
    I'd say they and June&Leon are seen (by the producers) as the lynchpins of the show.

with the Siddiqis, Chris and Stephen, Sandy and Sandra and the Tappers next in the pecking order.
    These are all 'original cast' too.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm loving the repeats of Gogglebox. Either I've missed a lot of early ones or they are easily forgotten, as I don't remember anything from the repeats at all, although I watched every one of the shows from last year. :confused:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    henry_hope wrote: »

We can't call him Silent Jay now that he's said his first word! Ha.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    henry_hope wrote: »

Not only is he silent but he doesnt move either
    Its only by his eyes rolling I know he is alive
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Caroline Arherne ok? My mother seems to think her cancer has took a turn for the worse :(

On another note, why have the Michaels been axed? I know the dads a candidate for UKIP but why does that have to be a reason for them to go? Is it because the producers hate the party?
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Completely agree!
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I could not stand George but agree it makes no sense at all. Maybe they have friends in high places.

I was a fan of the posh couple but they seem to think they make the show but not in my eye's.

What friends in high places? The Jump and Gogglebox are C4 shows, not rocket science
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On another note, why have the Michaels been axed? I know the dads a candidate for UKIP but why does that have to be a reason for them to go? Is it because the producers hate the party?

He's had quite a few UKIP centric views shown on Gogglebox. It's possible that if he was to continue on the show as a UKIP candiatate - Channel 4 would be seen as giving undue prominence to one political party.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back tonight :D
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all! :D
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Sandi has not lost much weight :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Evening all! :D

Evening Old, I feel emotionaly wrecked after watching EE Live... Need a good giggle :D
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello boxers how I have missed thee
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooh Ginge got a better part tonight..he actually got cuddled on screen :D

WTF is Sandra wearing...
  • Hot Ross BunsHot Ross Buns Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised she can't see her toes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh watched Jimmie and Jamie's show last friday because my favourite artist was on - Paloma Faith :D
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Ah, there you are. Couldn't be arsed, looking for the Gogglebox thread myself lol. :D
    What was the point of that Sandy & Sandra bit before the credits?
This discussion has been closed.