Madonna at the 2009 VMA's

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very emotional speech, certainly packed a punch at the truth about Michael and the fact that the world turned their back on this superstar that no one will ever see again.

She looked absolutely stunning, more beautiful than ever!

Long life the King and Queen of Pop:D
    CJ Marlowe wrote: »
    She wasn't making it about her. She was drawing comparisons and pointing out why Michael ended up like he did.

But it's Madonna, so I'm aware she simply cannot win.

Agree with all of the bold, I'm not even a Madonna fan, but kudos to her for the speech. I liked that she was being honest, besides, nobody complained when Brooke Shields made her speech about herself. Speeches like this work much better when they are personal, would it had been as powerful if Madonna simply preached in the third person? I don't think so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna does everything to get attention, to draw attention to herself..the phrase too little too late comes to mind with all these celebs suddenly loving Michael Jackson again

Her fat pumped out face makes her look younger, but her granny hands and man arms make her look like a tranny on steroids, she hid them last night though with her arms covered up and her hands behind her back!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't quite know what to make of some of it - the 'emotion' and pauses for effect were rather theatrical at times. It's all very noble of her to care all of a sudden, but still......

You don't know what you got 'til it's gone.....etc.

And yes, her face did look rather 'waxy'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I didn't quite know what to make of some of it - the 'emotion' and pauses for effect were rather theatrical at times. It's all very noble of her to care all of a sudden, but still......

Yes you have a point. Brooke Shields also did this at the memorial....another person who failed to help and support Michael:mad:
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NikkiClo wrote: »
    Madonna does everything to get attention, to draw attention to herself..the phrase too little too late comes to mind with all these celebs suddenly loving Michael Jackson again

Her fat pumped out face makes her look younger, but her granny hands and man arms make her look like a tranny on steroids, she hid them last night though with her arms covered up and her hands behind her back!

OH lord, no pleasing some people eh! :)
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather she'd paid tribute to his music than turned her speech into a grovelling apology for abandoning him (an apology which she wouldn't have been making had he still been alive:rolleyes:).
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I'd rather she'd paid tribute to his music than turned her speech into a grovelling apology for abandoning him (an apology which she wouldn't have been making had he still been alive:rolleyes:).

I dont think there'd be ANY tributes had he still been alive...;)
  • AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not her biggest fan but kudos for her speech. You could tell she meant every word and every word was right.

People who said they loved him didnt come out and defend him when he was getting battered by the press from every angle. Alot of his fans abandened him when he needed them the most. Now he's gone people come crawling out of the woodwork in support of him.

People could have helped MJ and stopped this tragedy from happening.

I have gained alot of respect for Madonna for saying what people needed to hear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missmissa wrote: »
    All I heard was a snippet on radio one this morning where she said something like this... 'at 6 years of age Michael became famous, when I was 6 I lost my mother, I think Micheal drew the short straw!!!

Quite unbelievable for two reasons: If you're going to talk about someone else, then actually make it about them not you! And frankly celebs who wine and winge about how hard it is to be a celebrity get on my nerves. They have a choice, they know fame and wealth come with a personal price & Madonna especially has strived to stay in the business so what is her problem?
    Or am I missing the point as I only heard a snippet?[/QUOTE]

Try and watch all of it. She really gives a very good speech and turns the spotlight away from herself after a few seconds.

OK, shes no fool so I was surprised.
  • StrawberryheartStrawberryheart Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got to give Madonna props, the speech was great and very moving, I wasn't a fan but now I actually quite like her, what she was saying certainly got me thinking and touched.

She meant every word and delivered the message very well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    I am not a fan of hers but her speech made me cry. At least she admitted that she abandoned him and that you don't appreciate what you have until its gone. Its just so sad that it took him dying to remind everyone how special and amazing he was.