Sawfeh and Maddeh

Comments

• ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is the most sensible comment I have seen on DS for a long while.

Well, you know me Janet!

Sian was a much better actress and character, that is until Sophie got her mucky paws on her.

Maddie was very rude to Sally the other day. Our Sal should have chucked her out.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Has Maddie even washed herself since she's been staying at Sally's?
  • girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Maddie even washed herself since she's been staying at Sally's?

I assume so, why wouldn't she? I doubt she's willingly dirty.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Well, you know me Janet!

Sian was a much better actress and character, that is until Sophie got her mucky paws on her.

Maddie was very rude to Sally the other day. Our Sal should have chucked her out.

Sally shouldn't have let her in in the first place
    I assume so, why wouldn't she? I doubt she's willingly dirty.

Because she still looks unwashed.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best thing sally could do is buy Maddie a bottle of Clearasil and call Social services and throw whiny Sophie the predator out. She acts like she's 12, well if you can call it acting, Brooke Vincent is a woeful actress.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're scenes last night nearly bored me to death! In fact anything involving Sophie leaves me cold!
  • zonizoni Posts: 3,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by jiminyjillicker:
    Corrie seems to always need to have a misunderstood bad girl character but as they stick around they develop into a more likeable character and so the gap has to be refilled. Since Kylie has changed over from out and out bitch (as Becky did before her) the vacancy is being filled by Maddy. I'm sure given time she will find a job, on the street naturally, and begin her rehabilitation Corrie style. In 20 years she could be running The Kabin...

Agreed and Karen before Becky. The rehabilitation of a troubled/unlikeable character is metamorphosis most viewers tend to enjoy. Nothing like a wrongun turning good!

Originally Posted by SULLA :
    There is real potential in this storyline.

Maddie's problem is that she doesn't know why she is there. She thinks that Sophie has took pity on her for the purpose of casual sex. She's totally wrong.

Sophie is looking for love and nothing else will do for her.

When Maddie realises this we will see whether or not she is genuine or just playing along with it.
    I agree. I do think she is genuine but I don't think she has the first clue how to have a relationship with anyone, or knows why anyone would want to without wanting something back. I think she is holding a wall in front of her feelings and is ready to run,... acting out to provoke reactions if she in the least bit feels rejected. When she realises Sophie doesnt just want her for sex she will change. Hopefully she will open up soon!

Two good posts above.

Fortunately for the majority of us, the reality of living on the street and the lack of trust that develops for those on the fringes of society is reality that most of us will find foreign. My memories are of countless occasions where family members and friends provide unconditional love without the prerequisite of a return of that love being established in advance.

I suspect Maddie’s memories are full of men and the odd women wanting payment in kind for any good deeds, I am not even sure if she gay/bi or just doesn’t care anymore. If the scriptwriters are able to describe to us the angst, suspicion and limited feeling of self worth girls like Maddie sometimes possess and the actress is up to the role of playing a person very different from anyone in her circle of friends, we may all learn a few things about life outside the norm.

When Sophie told Maddie last night she was trying to break them up she was spot on. We all want to control parts of our lives, but whereas this poor girl has never been able to make people actually like or care for her, she has always had the ability (as we all do) to turn people against us. It’s a natural protection mechanism and self preservation skill that Maddie knows all too well. Once Sophie eventually gains her trust, we will finally see if Maddie is able to deal with emotions relating to putting faith in others.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    They're scenes last night nearly bored me to death! In fact anything involving Sophie leaves me cold!

Tell me about it!

And I suspect that some who whinge about Todd and Marcus getting physical, have no objections when it comes to Sophie and Maddie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am all for carpet munching, but neither character is likeable. a shame really, because if it had been different characters it may have worked? a good story, badly executed.
  • Knives326Knives326 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Sophie has always been awful, ever since she changed head. Her voice makes me want to hurl bricks at the TV.

Her popularity absolutely baffles me.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what Sophie sees in Maddi. She's horrible and doesn't seem remotely grateful to Sophie for putting a roof over her head.
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am all for carpet munching, but neither character is likeable. a shame really, because if it had been different characters it may have worked? a good story, badly executed.

Hellooooo Sally... DING DONG...!!! ;-)
  • girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zoni wrote: »
    Originally Posted by jiminyjillicker:
    Corrie seems to always need to have a misunderstood bad girl character but as they stick around they develop into a more likeable character and so the gap has to be refilled. Since Kylie has changed over from out and out bitch (as Becky did before her) the vacancy is being filled by Maddy. I'm sure given time she will find a job, on the street naturally, and begin her rehabilitation Corrie style. In 20 years she could be running The Kabin...

Agreed and Karen before Becky. The rehabilitation of a troubled/unlikeable character is metamorphosis most viewers tend to enjoy. Nothing like a wrongun turning good!

Originally Posted by SULLA :

Maddie's problem is that she doesn't know why she is there. She thinks that Sophie has took pity on her for the purpose of casual sex. She's totally wrong.

When Maddie realises this we will see whether or not she is genuine or just playing along with it.

Two good posts above.

Fortunately for the majority of us, the reality of living on the street and the lack of trust that develops for those on the fringes of society is reality that most of us will find foreign. My memories are of countless occasions where family members and friends provide unconditional love without the prerequisite of a return of that love being established in advance.

I suspect Maddie’s memories are full of men and the odd women wanting payment in kind for any good deeds, I am not even sure if she gay/bi or just doesn’t care anymore. If the scriptwriters are able to describe to us the angst, suspicion and limited feeling of self worth girls like Maddie sometimes possess and the actress is up to the role of playing a person very different from anyone in her circle of friends, we may all learn a few things about life outside the norm.

When Sophie told Maddie last night she was trying to break them up she was spot on. We all want to control parts of our lives, but whereas this poor girl has never been able to make people actually like or care for her, she has always had the ability (as we all do) to turn people against us. It’s a natural protection mechanism and self preservation skill that Maddie knows all too well. Once Sophie eventually gains her trust, we will finally see if Maddie is able to deal with emotions relating to putting faith in others.

Excellent post, I do agree with everything you said. The character of Maddie is very interesting to me and it will be great if Corrie focus on her issues and don't just drop things once her and Sophie eventually are settled (if they get settled)
    I don't know what Sophie sees in Maddi. She's horrible and doesn't seem remotely grateful to Sophie for putting a roof over her head.

A lot of it is a front and self preservation. This girl trusts no one! Sophie can see through it, though she may not completely understand it. I don't think she'll be half as obnoxious when she learns to trust people. Living on the street you have to look after number one no matter what the cost and that will be hard to shake- I am sure we'll see her mess up plenty more times.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    Sally shouldn't have let her in in the first place

Because she still looks unwashed.

She does look unhealthy and a bit grey, but crap diet, generally not looking after yourself and loads of worry affect the skin and it would take a while to pick up. I'm sure she has washed since arriving at Sophie's :)
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fast forward scenes that Sophie is in otherwise my eardrums would burst from all the screeching she does.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madder is an awful character
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »

A very unconvincing lesbian.
  • francis7francis7 Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sick of seeing that scab on Maddeh's forehead on my telly! >:(
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    A very unconvincing lesbian.

She is and always comes across like a naughty teen larking about with one of her bessie mates.
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I agree she's not very nice right now, but that's the whole idea. Remember how Becky and Kylie were when they started? Look at Kylie now. She's one of the most popular characters on the show, and certainly one of the most developed. You'd NEVER have expected her to be as she is now when she fist appeared.

In a few years, if she stays that long, Maddy could be one of the best characters on the show. But I think that we are MEANT to dislike her at the moment. That's the whole idea.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soon Sophie will be claiming her undying love for Maddie and we will get to see more of that lazy eyed love look she does so well, I can't wait. :kitty:

Oh and the other day when Maddie asked who Jenna was and she ommited to tell her that because of her, Jenna lost her job and career because she was going round to her place of work and hassling her with that lazy eyed love look that she does so well :kitty:
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

Can I disagree, SULLA? Sophie has love in abundance, from Sally and Kevin; she is probably the most loved brat on the street. She is looking for sex, and she doesn't care who gets hurt in her quest. If it was a man who was hanging around a homeless shelter, looking for girls/boys to sexually abuse, he would soon be in prison and on the sex offenders list. In the storyline, I think the charity workers who run the shelter would have warned her off by now.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell does she have to say "Maddeh" a million times when she is talking to her, she repeats it every 5 words. No one talks like that in real life. Its sooooooooo annoying !
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thamwet wrote: »
    Well, I agree she's not very nice right now, but that's the whole idea. Remember how Becky and Kylie were when they started? Look at Kylie now. She's one of the most popular characters on the show, and certainly one of the most developed. You'd NEVER have expected her to be as she is now when she fist appeared.

In a few years, if she stays that long, Maddy could be one of the best characters on the show. But I think that we are MEANT to dislike her at the moment. That's the whole idea.

The damaged girls lark is getting boring now. Even if Maddie is 'redeemed' she will still act like an annoying cow every time she doesn't get her own way, similar to Becky who always went on benders and got drunk every time there was a problem. Then we will be expected to feel sorry for her when she wallows in self pity about her bad past, but will still continue her bad behaviour and most likely steal or cause damage.

While Maddie makes a fool out of Sally and is disrespectful despite a roof over her head, some poor proper homeless people will be down at the shelter with nowhere to go, and I bet Saintly Sophie won't lose sleep over them.
  • anngall10anngall10 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Bad story line
    Bad script
    Dire acting
    Bring back Jezz Quigley I say!