Options

Irresponsible dog owners who get defensive when asked to clear up their dog's mess

124»

Comments

• Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    You know what they say about assumptions don't you. I don't have a dog and I am not defensive I am only picking at the OPs need to go into threads where people are complaining about something and asking why they are complaining, they should not complain. They are very quick to point out that these complaints are petty and I am just asking them the same.

And if it can annoy everyone people can side step it. Just watch where you are going, unless the dog has crapped on your foot. So who is the one who is defensive now?

Most complaints on here are petty, as they are usually about something really banal like the football being on. Getting dog shit on your carpet off the kids' shoes because some lazy arsed dog owner thinks it isn't his job to clear up after his dog is something to be rightly pissed off about.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Most complaints on here are petty, as they are usually about something really banal like the football being on. Getting dog shit on your carpet off the kids' shoes because some lazy arsed dog owner thinks it isn't his job to clear up after his dog is something to be rightly pissed off about.

I do (sort of) see where the other poster is coming from. You do say 'meh' rather a lot. :D I do think it's unfortunate that they used this thread to bring it up though as this more than a petty gripe. It's an irresponsible, inconsiderate, illegal giant pain in the arse. :)
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    You know what they say about assumptions don't you. I don't have a dog and I am not defensive I am only picking at the OPs need to go into threads where people are complaining about something and asking why they are complaining, they should not complain. They are very quick to point out that these complaints are petty and I am just asking them the same.

And if it can annoy everyone people can side step it. Just watch where you are going, unless the dog has crapped on your foot. So who is the one who is defensive now?

I live very close to a RNIB college, there is a park adjacent to it. It's rather hard to side step it if you can't see.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I guess it depends on the situation.

A couple of days ago I was walking my dogs along the river bank, dogs were about 20 yards ahead of me, one of them stops for a dump and a guy walking towards me passes the dog and, as he reaches me, says "I hope you're not going to leave that lying there?!"

Course, I smiled and said "No, of course not" but I was thinking "f**k off and die you self-righteous prick".

Think of it this way; if every time you went to get in your car somebody came up to you and said "I hope you're not going to break the speed limit while you're driving that thing" I suspect it wouldn't be long before you started to get cheesed-off with it.

I've had this happen to me too, I always pick up after my dog ( unless walking in the countryside ) , I felt like telling him to **** off.

Last month while walking In the local park, I came across a knuckle dragger throwing stones at milk bottles with his children.
    I asked him if he was going to pick up the broken glass, he told me to **** off.

Dog owners don't hold a monopoly on selfish unreasonable behaviour, some people are just self absorbed ***** who have no regard for anybody or anything else, some of them own dogs, some of them have children.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »
    I've had this happen to me too, I always pick up after my dog ( unless walking in the countryside ) , I felt like telling him to **** off.

Last month while walking In the local park, I came across a knuckle dragger throwing stones at milk bottles with his children.
    I asked him if he was going to pick up the broken glass, he told me to **** off.

Dog owners don't hold a monopoly on selfish unreasonable behaviour, some people are just self absorbed ***** who have no regard for anybody or anything else, some of them own dogs, some of them have children.

And some have both and some have neither.

Otherwise I agree with your post.

(I didn't know you still got glass milk bottles. Thought they were all plastic. I hadn't seen them in years until our local farm shop restaurant starting using them as retro flower vases. I didn't realise I missed them til I saw them again.)