Madonna - Sticky and Sweet tour - Set list

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
Forum Member
Hi all,

Really good set list for the new tour...balance between old and new songs from the Hard Candy album: (thanks to Madonna Tribe for the info)

EXCLUSIVE
And here's our latest update on the Sticky & Sweet track list. We heard that the list of songs that we report below is basically the FINAL one and it includes video and live interludes. But before going into it, here are some exclusive tidbits on what we will be seeing and hearing during this great show!

The show features four main section. The show opener, Candy Shop, has now a longer intro compared to the promo tour version. A musical intro a la Drowned World Tour, with bits and pieces of song form Hard Candy that we will be hearing later in the show fades into the "C-A-N-D-Y" intro from the promo tour.

The clock ticking theme from 4 minutes can be heard several times during the show. In the show intro, in Vogue and in the "Get Stupid" interlude, which reminds of the Confessions Tour's Sorry Video interlude. In Get Stupid there are samples of Give It 2 Me, 4 Minutes and Beat Goes On and it's about our chance to save our planet from the various damages we created.

The use of music samples is very big on this tour. Many of the classic hits are musically re-arranged as mash-ups and the songs are sung on musical tracks heavely sample-ing other dance songs. Like A Prayer, for example, which, as previously reported by M-Tribe, has entered the set list is now replacing Impressive Instant and it's delivered using musical parts of the 1992 dance hit by Felix "Don't You Want Me".

Into The Groove, that contains a small sample of Madonna's Jump, is also delivered using musical parts of another dance song "Toop Toop" by Cassius, while Borderline is a great "rocky/ska" re-invention of the classic 1983 ballad.

The first video interlude, a fast and speeded up version of the James Bond theme Die Another Day, features exclusive new footage of Madonna as a boxer, from the brand new photoshoot by Tom Munro for the Tour Book.

The second video interlude mashes up Madonna's Rain with the Eurythmics' Here Comes The Rain Again, using their original version and leading to Devil Wouldn't Recognize You. Originally supposed to play the piano herself on this song, Madonna will now be placed on the piano, reminessing a bit the Sooner Or Later performance from Blond Ambition.

After La Isla Bonita mixed with Lela Pala Tute, there's a live interlude with Romanian/Gypsy song "Doli Doli" which is not sung by Madonna, who will be back on stage to close the section with a fierce rendition of the Accademy Award winning song "You Must Love Me" by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Sticky & Sweet Set List

"Gansta/Pimp section"

Intro/Candy Shop (Feat Pharrell)
Beat Goes On (Feat Kanye West)
Human Nature (Feat Britney Spears)
Vogue

"Old Skool M-Dolla Boxing section"

Video Interlude - Die Another Day
Into The Groove (sample of Jump)
Heartbeat
Borderline (Updated Ska version)
She's Not Me
Music (sample of Put your hands up for Detroit)

"Gypsy section"

Video Interlude - Rain/Here Comes The Rain Again
Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
Spanish Lesson
Miles Away
La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute
Doli Doli (Live interlude - Romanian folk song)
You Must Love Me

"1980's Rave section"

Video Interlude - Get Stupid (About saving the planet)
4 Minutes
Like A Prayer (sample of Dont you want my loving)
Ray Of Light
Hung Up (Rock version)
Give It To Me (Finale)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great list
    wonder if chrissy "snake" cicconne will be there.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doli Doli sounds like a highlight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe she's left out 'Dance 2nite' one of my fave tracks from the album and also 'Voices':mad: apart from that it's quite exciting! Not entirely sure about the mash-up with 'Like A Prayer' and 'Don't You Want Me' by Felix but i'll give it a whirl!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adore that felix track - time for another re-re-release me thinks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pharoah wrote: »
    Can't believe she's left out 'Dance 2nite' one of my fave tracks from the album and also 'Voices':mad: apart from that it's quite exciting! Not entirely sure about the mash-up with 'Like A Prayer' and 'Don't You Want Me' by Felix but i'll give it a whirl!

This is all speculation at the moment, only madonna and her band know what the final setlist would be so don't get too upset over it:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is all speculation at the moment, only madonna and her band know what the final setlist would be so don't get too upset over it:D

I honestly feel that 'Dance 2nite' would work amazing alongside 'Holiday'. They're actually quite similar. Maybe she could do some kind of mash-up. Whatever happens, i hope it is used.
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member

Very true! I can remember reading so much speculation about what would be featured on both the Reinvention and Confessions Tours and a whole load of suggested tracks not featuring, which was ultimately why I decided to read this thread and won't kick myself for "spoiling the surprise." :D

I'd be very happy indeed with a setlist like this suggested one though.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that 'Holiday' gets in!
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    pharoah wrote: »
    I honestly feel that 'Dance 2nite' would work amazing alongside 'Holiday'. They're actually quite similar. Maybe she could do some kind of mash-up. Whatever happens, i hope it is used.

You got there first! I was at the Cardiff gig for the Confessions tour and can remember everybody around me literally screaming when the sample of 'Holiday' was played last time. Fingers crossed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I can confirm that the above set list is accurate at this time. This comes from an extreemly reliable web site and they only publish confirmed stories. This set list is a leaked one to that web site from a very realiable source that they have in Madonna's camp that is at the rehearals. They have always been 100% accurate will all information that they put on their web site. They also got the Confessions Tour set list correct.

Holiday is definetly not part of the show and has never been rehearsed. Like a prayer was only added a couple of weeks ago, prior to this it was Impressive Instant from the Music album.

Voices from the HC album it can be revealved will make a small appearance. The "who is the master..." intro will feature as the start of the Get Stupid video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All websites always claim to have "reliable sources" , where as I would love this setlist to be the final draft, Madonna always likes her shows to remain unspoiled.
    Forum Member
    Well you will find that come opening night that will be the set list!
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    where is the britney video interlude?
  • garthy2008garthy2008 Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    where is the britney video interlude?

Thats in the Human Nature part.
    Forum Member
    If you check out www.madonnatribe.com (which is far better than her official web site and more up to date!) they have lots of tour spoilers and there are four of the costumes been revealed.
    Forum Member
    i swear madonna and brit are singing pice of me and beat goes on ?? in the video?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlucont wrote: »
    Well you will find that come opening night that will be the set list!

I'm sure:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Britney features in the performance for Human Nature. The song was originally going to be performed as a mash up of Human Nature and Britney's Gimme More. This has been changed though and she now appears in a video during the performance with small parts of Gimme More sampled, especially the "it's Britney bitch" part.

The idea originally was to have the performance themed around all the young troubled hollywood stars like Paris, Lindsay L and Britney etc. For those that dont know the Human Nature track was written by Madonna back after her Sex book had been released and she was being shafted in the media.

The performance is know about Britney.
    Forum Member
    "1980's Rave section"

Video Interlude - Get Stupid (About saving the planet)
    4 Minutes
    Like A Prayer (sample of Dont you want me - Felix)
    Ray Of Light
    Hung Up (Rock version)
    Give It To Me (Finale)

UPDATE - This section is now themed as "Japanese Futurastic Rave section"...costume can be seen at Madonna Tribe.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I love Madonna to bits, and i'm sad i'm not going to see her (:() but that set list looks a bit :yawn:

I'm not being bitter, but it's all a bit sparce. I wish she would select diffrent tracks when it comes to the past. We had La Isla Bonita and Ray of Light on Confessions! And what on earth is that section on saving the planet??? She always puts on an amazing show though, so i'm sure it'll be perfect on the night. I can't wait for the DVD!

(Having said that, i'm very Die Another Day and Human Nature are on there :D)
    Forum Member
    so is britney and madonna gonna do the gimme more video ... thsts gonna be so hot i cant wait to see britney im sure this will only be the beggining gimme more is a great song im glad madonna likes britney they are both great singers and performers
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    so is britney and madonna gonna do the gimme more video ... thsts gonna be so hot i cant wait to see britney im sure this will only be the beggining gimme more is a great song im glad madonna likes britney they are both great singers and performers

There is no performance of Gimme More. The song being performed is the Madonna track Human Nature. The song was originally about how M got a bashing in the media. She has turned it around and made the song about Britney, this is why she in the video during the performance.
    Forum Member
    Thanks again to Madonna Tribe, here again is the full confirmed set list with performance details/spoilers for each track:

Intro/Candy Shop
    The show opener, Candy Shop, has now a longer intro compared to the promo tour version. A musical intro a la Drowned World Tour, sounding very cinematic, like the opening titles of a blockbuster movie, starting with the 4 minutes' "tick tock" with bits and pieces of songs from Hard Candy (4 Minutes, Give It 2 Me, Beat Goes On) that we will be hearing later in the show fades into the "C-A-N-D-Y" intro from the promo tour.

Beat Goes On
    A standard album version of the song beginning after the Pharrel rap at the end of Candy Shop. Pharrel and Kanye West are doing their thing on video as well.

Human Nature
    Britney will appear on video while Madonna sings the song on stage with her guitar. The idea of the Mash Up with Gimme More has been scrapped but Britney's new signature phrase "It's Britney Bitch" is included once at the end of the song.

Vogue
    Played on a new instrumental track based on her 2008 hit 4 Minutes, this version of Vogue also includes a music sample of Nelly Furtado/Timbaland's Give It To Me during the whole song. An amazing re-invention!

Video Interlude - Die Another Day
    The first video interlude, a fast paced and speeded up version of the James Bond theme Die Another Day, features exclusive new footage of Madonna as a boxeur, from the brand new photoshoot by Tom Munro for the Tour Book.

Into The Groove
    Into The Groove, that contains a small sample of Madonna's Jump, sees Madonna jumping rope and doing a little bit of pole dancing. The song is delivered using musical parts of the dance hit "Toop Toop" by Cassius.

Heartbeat
    A nice album version of this great new song by Madonna and Pharrel.

Borderline
    The most vintage song in the show has been totally recreated and turned into a rocky/ska version. Great rock guitars for the most surprising re-invention!

She's Not Me
    As almost all Hard Candy song this one too is presented in it's album version incarnation. At one time Madonna reportedly shouts the phrase "I Know I Can Do It Better" in a similar way she did with "Do you think I'm satisfied" in RIT's American Life.

Music
    Known as the Fedde Le Grande mix, the Sticky & Sweet tour version of Music starts with a sample of Last Night A DeeJay Saved My Life by Indeep.

Video Interlude - Rain/Here Comes The Rain Again
    The third video interludes mashes up bit's of Madonna's Rain with Eurythmics' Here Comes The Rain Again, using Eurythmics' music track.

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
    Originally supposed to play piano herself on this one, now Madonna appears on stage on top of it. The song is the album version.

Spanish Lesson
    Album version here too but nicely extended near the end, with the use of Spanish tap dancing and a little hint to Mariachi music thrown in there as well.

Miles Away
    The great ballad version with guitar we already saw at the promo tour.

La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute
    The Live Earth version of La Isla Bonita is being presented on the new tour. Mixed with Romani song Lele Pala Tute and some great fun on stage. Gogol Bordello will make some special appearances on some of the tour dates.

Doli Doli
    It's a live interlude not sung by Madonna and it's a Romani/Gyspyy folk song

You Must Love Me

Madonna is back on stage to close the section with a fierce rendition of the Accademy Award winning song "You Must Love Me" by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber. Tzigani/Gypsy violins and accordeon make of this song an unforgettable and emotional moment of the show.

Video Interlude - Get Stupid
    Third interlude a la "Sorry" in "Confession Tour". It's about saving our planet and saving it NOW. It uses parts of various songs from Hard Candy. A vocoded "Who Is The Master and Who Is The Slave" (From Voices), "Get Stupid" (From Give It 2 Me), "The Time Is Now" and "You don't have the luxury of time" (from Beat Goes On) and the "Tick Tock" from "4 Minutes".

4 Minutes
    A great version very similar to the promo tour.

Like A Prayer
    The song, that replaces Impressive Instant is another Mash Up, delivered using musical parts of the 1992 dance hit by Felix "Don't You Want Me".

Ray Of Light
    Very similar to the Confessions Tour version with Madonna playing her rock guitar!

Hung Up
    The Rock Version you heard at the promo tour has been confirmed for this tour as well.

Give It To Me
    Performed on a music track slightly different from the album version, but it's not one of the remixes. It has an extended ending on which fans are invited to shout: Give It 2 Me!
    Forum Member
    so briney isnt in it much then only one song? I swear i heard there is a remix video of piece of me with madonna
    Forum Member
    Madonna and her band started a dress rehearsal of the show at the Millenium Stadium at 19.00 tonight.

It can be confirmed that the set list posted above (thanks to the excellent Madonna Tribe for the info) is 100% correct!

I can also tell you that Vogue is absolutely amazing. This seriously could be her best ever version of one of her songs in any of her tours!
    Forum Member
    when will the britney video leak or when will it get posted on youtube ect?