The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I have noticed a few errors, for e.g. in a The Dumping Ground ep Tyler starts hearing a dripping noise and is convinced he has mental health problems similar to his mum. He sneaks into the office to look at his file/mum's file and she's a white, blonde haired lady.
    Well we've seen her in The Dumping Ground and she doesn't look like that.

So my few gripes are a some continuity errors and the fact that a lot of interesting characters get written out but with no explanation. Not even a minute or two of dialogue. It happens a lot.

Apart from that I still like the programme.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    I have noticed a few errors, for e.g. in a The Dumping Ground ep Tyler starts hearing a dripping noise and is convinced he has mental health problems similar to his mum. He sneaks into the office to look at his file/mum's file and she's a white, blonde haired lady.
    Well we've seen her in The Dumping Ground and she doesn't look like that.

So my few gripes are a some continuity errors and the fact that a lot of interesting characters get written out but with no explanation. Not even a minute or two of dialogue. It happens a lot.

Apart from that I still like the programme.

That is true about Tyler's mum. We were given the impression in both TBR and Series 1 of TDG that she had an appearance that you mentioned but in Series 2 of The Dumping Ground, she looked nothing like she did in the photo.

There certainly have been a few inconsistencies in both Tracy Beaker Returns and The Dumping Ground.

My only gripe with Tracy Beaker Returns was that it really contradicted the events that happened in Tracy Beaker: The Movie Of Me. Tracy and Mike used to act as if Tracy's mum never came back to see her but this wasn't the case at all. She actually did turn up out of the blue in the movie. It really bugged me that it was all suddenly being forgotten about.

In terms of recasts, Liam's brother has also been played by two different actors. I also immediately noticed in last week's double episode that Carmen's mum was now being portrayed by a different actress. In terms of characters getting written out with no explanation, the same thing also unfortuantely happened in The Story Of Tracy Beaker.

Another thing is that there's been no explanation of why they moved from Elm Tree House to Ashdene Ridge. Obviously, we know that the building was unfortunately knocked down in real life but there was no explanation in the show. We just literally saw them moving in to Ashdene Ridge in the Christmas Special : Jody In Wonderland.

4 minutes till Episode 3 starts! From this point on, 5.30pm will be the regular time for the start of The Dumping Ground. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go!

The arrival of new residents in tonight's episode!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought's on tonight's episode?

I thought it was pretty so-so.

What do you guys think about the new arrivals AKA the twins?
    Forum Member
    It was ok but the whole 'being handcuffed to someone you dislike' thing has been done before many times in kids programmes. The one I remember most as a kid is it happened in Lizzie McGuire -she gets chained to her irritating little brother and the key goes missing.

One of the more goofier episodes, whereas I prefer the ones with a serious theme to them. For e.g. Lily's dad's alcoholism, baby Hope etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak peek of Episode 4!

Bailey brings a new canine friend to The Dumping Ground.
    bbclassics wrote: »
    It was ok but the whole 'being handcuffed to someone you dislike' thing has been done before many times in kids programmes. The one I remember most as a kid is it happened in Lizzie McGuire -she gets chained to her irritating little brother and the key goes missing.

One of the more goofier episodes, whereas I prefer the ones with a serious theme to them. For e.g. Lily's dad's alcoholism, baby Hope etc.

True. It was a pretty average episode overall. One of my least favourites so far.

We'll likely get to see more of the serious stuff in a few weeks time. Possibly starting with Episode 5 and onwards.

After reading the synopsis, I'm interested to see what Episode 5 will be like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Synopsis of Episode 6
    Looks like we might see the first possible departure of a certain character in this new series. Seems like Harry could be leaving and Floss obviously won't be taking it very well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 4 starts now!

Bailey's already got himself in trouble again! Oh dear!
    Forum Member
    I quite liked Ep 4, idk it felt short to me.
    I wanna see the one with Tee and Johnny and the infamous Keith dammit.
    Not sure why at first the DG kids were not interested in Mischief the dog and were kinda rude to Bailey - hell I'd absolutely love a dog, and I would have especially when I was 14.
    In the end they seemed to love the dog cus he could do tricks and was in the army, well okay but I just think getting a dog is an exciting thing in the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carmen to Bailey - "You're far less annoying when Mischief's around!"

True words never spoken! Mischief is adorable!:D

Didn't notice at first but I realised that Mo was absent.

That was a good episode! Better than last week. Nice to see Bailey's soft side again (aside from the hostile encounter with Malcom at the start). But at least he did try and make amends for it by training and looking after Mischief. Didn't seem like Mischief made a good impression on some of the YP! Especially Carmen after he pratically ruined her stuff!:D It was even worse for Ryan, it doesn't seem like he's very fond of dogs. It's funny in comaprison to Shadow where everybody was so desperate to keep her but I guess that was also because of Shadow's unpopularity due to being a three legged dog. Johnny even mentioned her. At least everyone (aside from Ryan) warmed to Mischief after seeing him in action. The dog show was quite fun. I liked the relationship that Bailey was quicly developing with Mischief. It was also nice for Toni and Billie to help Bailey out in training Mischief for the dog show.

It was also quite harrowing when Mischief got hit by a car. Actually reminded me of when Faith got hit by a car last year and Bailey was near the scene since she was chasing after him. I felt like Ryan deserved (and should have got) a comeuppance after letting Mischief out without any consideration or care about where he could end up and obviously that didn't end well. Bailey wanted to kill him when finding out he was the cause of letting Mischief go delibarately.

Floss, Harry, Tyler and Jody attempting to make profit out of vegetables was rather amusing. But it's nice how this in a way sorted out the dire situation ( paying for the operation on Mischief's injuries) with the help of Kazima's cooking and Clive's contributions for Mal. It was nice to end the episode with Tee, Carmen and the twins saying goodnight to Mischief while Mischief himself showed affection to Bailey in an adorable way. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak Peek for Episode 5!

Kazima introduces Tee to her friend, but how far is he willing to help her with art?

Seems like Tee gets herself into quite a bit of trouble...:eek:

This is one of the episodes that I've really been anticipating for ever since seeing the Series 3 trailer! The sneak peak looks so good! I hope it doesn't disappoint! I'm looking forward to this!:cool:

Synopsis for Episode 7

Central episode for Carmen! :)

I also forgot to mention that Amy (Carmen), Tee (Mia) and Stacy (May-Li) appeared on Blue Peter last night and were shortly interviewed by Barney Harwood about what's in store for the current The Dumping Ground series while also taking part in a truth/dare game. There are also a few other sneak peeks of Episode 5 and 7 that are revealed here. Incase you missed this yesterday then you can watch it here!

(I believe Connor was originally invited too but he expressed on twitter that he was busy and disappointed that he couldn't attend).

It was a really nice interview. :)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad episode. Bailey has long been overdue a Face Turn. Giving him a dog was a good way to do it. He's been unlikeable till now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 5 (Now You See Me) starts now! :)

Looking forward to this one!:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Roscoe may be talented but he sure is a suspicious one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tee!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect this is the start of Tee's farewell plot. Perhaps she'll go to Art School somewhere away from The Dumping Ground. Maybe where Lily lives, so she can live with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I suspect this is the start of Tee's farewell plot. Perhaps she'll go to Art School somewhere away from The Dumping Ground. Maybe where Lily lives, so she can live with her.

Tee going to an Art School could be possible. Although I guess it really depends on how far she's willing to go with the art thing though.
    I know that Johnny is likely to leave during this series but I don't actually expect Tee to leave yet. I could be wrong though. I suppose we shall see what happens.

What did you think of the episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was OK. The 'b' plot of bird spotting/Floss' dance was a bit weak, I thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    It was OK. The 'b' plot of bird spotting/Floss' dance was a bit weak, I thought.

I agree. The main plot regarding Tee and Roscoe had real potential but the side plot with Floss/Jody and Mo kinda let the episode down a bit.

I really had high hopes for this episode but unfortunately it ended up letting me down in some parts yet also intriuging me for other parts. In the end, it's still a decent episode and a lot better than episode 3. I think it's on par with episode 4 with it being an acceptable episode. It could have been so much more though.

The best parts were definitely the scenes with Tee and Roscoe although I wish there was more expansion with Roscoe's background. It was slightly hinted but I wish there was a bit more exposure. There was a good build up when Kazima invited Tee and Carmen to see his work. His artwork definitely made the place look rather vibrant and picturesque. I liked the talk about expressing feelings and emotions into art. I also liked the scene with Roscoe opening up to Tee but it felt a bit rushed afterwards.

I also kinda wish there was more development though in terms of Tee's art and the push into doing an illegal painting. I genuinely thought she'd get arrested after Roscoe left her behind with the policeman but she was very lucky that the policeman let her off.

Roscoe definitely deserved a telling off from Tee and Carmen, but you know what I love about Tee is that she still ultimately has a heart of gold and doesn't rise above most situations. Deciding to help Roscoe despite the events that happened really made her stand out. I know that she could have found a better way to sort out the situation instead of going back and graffiting the wall which was essentially breaking the law but it was genuinely for good intentions. She was ultimately trying to do the right thing and I think Mike should have been a bit easier on her despite what she did.

She was trying to help her friend and I side with her on this situation as actions can speak louder than words sometimes. I like how Carmen and Kazima were supportive and there for Tee.

Could have done with more development and build up. The Floss/Jody parts were unfortunately pretty and uninteresting weak. But it was a decent/OK episode overall!

Sneak Peek for Episode 6!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Synopsis for Episode 8!

This sounds like it could be a potentially great one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Synopsis for Episode 9
    I suppose this means Harry's exit might be temporary but it sounds like another storyline that has potential to be good.

The website seems to have gotten some of the episodes and dates mixed up in the wrong order so apologies if there's a bit of confusion.
    Forum Member
    I liked most of the art based episode but the ending was so disappointing. We didn't get to find out what happened to Roscoe it just abruptly ended. Don't know if maybe he'll be referenced in a future episode and it will shed some light on if he did meet his dad?

Also that Roscoe guy looked quite well/fresh faced despite being effectively on the run lol. Are street artists fairly cute guys ?I don't know any street artists so can't really say :P

I didn't really like the plot with Floss and her ballet - never warmed to her. I know she's supposed to be cheeky but she doesn't have the charm Tracy had. Not sure if charm is the right word but hopefully ya know what I'm saying.

The episode with Harry and Ryan sounds interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will catch up with tonight's episode later.

It's currently airing now.