Robbie and olly on tour 2013

Comments

• PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the press conference online, i think Robbie thought he was serving up a treat announcing Olly Murs as his support, bless. And he said that Olly would be joining him on stage for 2-3 numbers if I heard it right. :eek:

I reckon Robbie sees Olly as a Jonathan Wilkes he can have a lark about with. I wouldn't pay money to see that. Yuck!:rolleyes:
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you dont have to see olly... sometimes i dont get into the arena till after the support acts have been on

im ok with the price...its once in a lifetime opportunity to see robbie live.... i have never seen him live and i probably never will after this. just so hope he comes to dublin will be really disappointed if he doesnt

I have seen him live 3 times and he never disappoints. Not the best vocalist but his tunes are great and he really knows how to put on a show. If I was still working I would buy tickets but that price is really steep :mad:
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Manchester is around £60. Not sure why London is so much more. :confused:
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie Williams AND Olly Murs? I can't think of a worse way to spend my time or money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a presale today, I decided to get 2 tickets for my mum and I as my stepdad is going to help me cover the cost. :D who knows if she will ever get to see him again. So I went for it. £180 it cost though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least their fans are happy, even if I can't believe they have fans. :D
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the demand for tickets today in the 'pre-sale' (terrible PR gimmick) these are pretty popular concerts. I managed to bag a pair for Wembley (my wife's a big fan, you understand ;) ) in the 'premium' Club Wembley section. Yes, expensive, but less than the tickets to the recent O2 concerts and not much more than I spent yesterday on Muse tickets at the Emirates Stadium. I think it's just got to that stage where a concert by an established artist in a big venue is going to start at £60 and the best tickets will be over £100.

What this trend is doing is pricing young people out of going to these types of concerts. Why pay close to £100 for a gig that's going to last 2hrs or there about when you can go to a weekend festival for not that much more. At the O2 last week the majority of people were 40+ and a lot were into their 60s. It didn't feel right somehow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A festival is my idea of hell so if I can, I don't mind paying higher prices for a seat and a roof over my head. I also prefer an older audience as they tend behave.
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was tempted as I love Robbie but Olly Murs makes me want to rip my arm off so I have something to throw at him so I'm not taking the risk.

Its not a Robbie and Olly Tour, Olly is just the support act, you dont even have to be there when he's singing. Just like Pet Shop Boys supported TT, and lots of random others for other gigs. Its like a 25min set.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They still won't come close. Take That played there and the ground was half empty.

Thats because Robbie fan's didnt know if he'd do a solo set, why pay to go see TT when you're fan of solo Robbie. You should have seen the o2 queue last week, front rows Italians who'd payed all that airfare and hotel costs to get here, going all 3 nights. San Siro will sell and probably add on another date.

They have already added another Glasgow today and a 3rd Manchester date. Apparently Dublin 14th June is next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    How times have changed . It used to be the supporting act was an artist working their way up in the industry and a chance to gain fans. Right now Olly porbably has more fans than Robbie:D

so why doesnt olly do stadium tours if he has so many more fans ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats because Robbie fan's didnt know if he'd do a solo set, why pay to go see TT when you're fan of solo Robbie. You should have seen the o2 queue last week, front rows Italians who'd payed all that airfare and hotel costs to get here, going all 3 nights. San Siro will sell and probably add on another date.

They have already added another Glasgow today and a 3rd Manchester date. Apparently Dublin 14th June is next.

I think you're deluded...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Trying to get tickets
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um, can anyone explain how I was able to purchase tickets before tomorrow!? I just tried the site and went for the 26th June gig in Glasgow. Apparently I have two tickets now! Is this just the pre-sale lot?
  • maximilianmaximilian Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Um, can anyone explain how I was able to purchase tickets before tomorrow!? I just tried the site and went for the 26th June gig in Glasgow. Apparently I have two tickets now! Is this just the pre-sale lot?
    Yeah, still the presale tickets. 24 hour presale started at 9am today. 26th concert only added earlier this evening. Guess that's why you were lucky! Bulk of tickets on sale tomorrow at 9am.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »
    Judging by the demand for tickets today in the 'pre-sale' (terrible PR gimmick) these are pretty popular concerts. I managed to bag a pair for Wembley (my wife's a big fan, you understand ;) ) in the 'premium' Club Wembley section. Yes, expensive, but less than the tickets to the recent O2 concerts and not much more than I spent yesterday on Muse tickets at the Emirates Stadium. I think it's just got to that stage where a concert by an established artist in a big venue is going to start at £60 and the best tickets will be over £100.

What this trend is doing is pricing young people out of going to these types of concerts. Why pay close to £100 for a gig that's going to last 2hrs or there about when you can go to a weekend festival for not that much more. At the O2 last week the majority of people were 40+ and a lot were into their 60s. It didn't feel right somehow!

Strange attitude older people like live music too you know.! :)

In fact when i was growing up music had a much more prominent role then it does now.

Mind you i only go to see heavy metal/rock gigs.:D
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maximilian wrote: »
    Yeah, still the presale tickets. 24 hour presale started at 9am today. 26th concert only added earlier this evening. Guess that's why you were lucky! Bulk of tickets on sale tomorrow at 9am.

Okay, thanks! Can't believe it then what a fluke! I was only having a casual browse to see when they were going on sale tomorrow. :D
  • maximilianmaximilian Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointless playing in the San Siro... no way are they going to sell that out.
    Well, he last played it in 2006 and had no problem selling it out that time. Just need to wait and see if he's still as popular. I take your point about the last TT concert there but Robbie is a much much bigger act in Europe than TT. Maybe his fans didn't fancy parting with their hard earned for in effect a 30 minute Robbie show....
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    I like him and Olly and would happily have paid up to £40-50 a ticket for me and my brother to go but the price is astronomical, one of the most expensive for a stadium tour I've seen and I can't justify it-But no doubt it'll sell out and the greed of the organisers will be rewarded :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

Strange attitude older people like live music too you know.! :)

In fact when i was growing up music had a much more prominent role then it does now.

Mind you i only go to see heavy metal/rock gigs.:D

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go. It just felt weird being at a 'gig' where a) I felt young (which I'm not) and b) the average age was over 40. But as you say, that's a sign of the times and I guess RW's core fan base is probably that age bracket anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that he's now added an extra Wembley date again, making it 4 now. I was going to say his Wembley dates are sold out but can't now with that extra-extra date added. In any case the old boy's popularity clearly hasn't wained. I wonder who the last solo act was to sell Wembley out over 3 dates? Madonna, maybe?
  • LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He added 2 extra dates for the Manchester concerts too. He only originally announced 2 & he's now put it up to 4, thankfully. I was struggling until he added the 18th! :o

I wonder what the capacity for the Etihad is at concerts?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I got tickets for the Wednesday Manchester date, yes abit pricey, but he's worth it. Will be my 7th Robbie gig, and he never ceases to entertain!!
    As for not selling out an 80,000 capacity venue.....he did Knebworth in 2003, three nights and 125,000 tickets were sold on each night. That was an awesome experience!
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He added 2 extra dates for the Manchester concerts too. He only originally announced 2 & he's now put it up to 4, thankfully. I was struggling until he added the 18th! :o

I wonder what the capacity for the Etihad is at concerts?

I think it's around 55,000 for each show
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I trust Health & Safety will be monitoring the stage when they perform, because the ego & smugness on the stage when both Robbie & Olly are performing must surely get close to going beyond safety limits?