Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Now watching The Rockers vs Terry Gibbs & The Conquistador!
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazy said to watch the show, you can't get the full show on YouTube.

Yeah but that was Hazy, so I wasn't really paying much attention to that.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Yeah but that was Hazy, so I wasn't really paying much attention to that.

Yeah but I wasn't calling watching WWE uploaded clips as theft, just the suggestion to watch it all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now watching Ron Bass vs Jake Roberts from Boston.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    For people saying you can't get full shows on Youtube you are sadly mistaken. Infact my nephew watched the full Smackdown this week on Friday morning before school. Not the greatest quality in the world but the full 90 minutes were there.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    For people saying you can't get full shows on Youtube you are sadly mistaken. Infact my nephew watched the full Smackdown this week on Friday morning before school. Not the greatest quality in the world but the full 90 minutes were there.

And yet again hazy, despite teling both me and FMKK we are on your ignore list, you've managed to join in a conversation that only us two people were having.

But I was of course referring to the fact that there are no full episodes (to my knowledge) of Raw or Smackdown uploaded by the official WWE YouTube page and certainly not full episodes uploaded by WWE hours after traditional airing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now watching Ron Bass & Dino Bravo vs JYD & Ken Patera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You watch what you want dave, never mind anyone else.

I absolutely think they should do TV in Glasgow JCR. So Manchester gets TV again in November and I'm willing to bet they can't fill half the arena for Smackdown nor will they sell out Raw. Paying 2 nights rent on a building that wont be sold out either night and the second night will be sell considerably less tickets than the first.

I don't know what WWE pay to hire it out or what any arena charges but if they can afford to rent that arena for 2 days and cover the cost of the rent with the ticket sales and put their entire crew of workers and wrestlers in hotel rooms and pay for their travel and still make a profit at the end of it then good for them. If they're making good money off it then I see why they do it.

I honestly believe the only reason WWE goes to London, Mancester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Newcastle for TV is because the WWE thinks of the UK a certain way. Each of those cities are famous for various things and those things are.....decades old. Name one thing each of those towns in the year 2015 are popular for. It's all old fashioned stuff, it's like the UK 50 years ago oooh here's London where the Royal Family are oh here's Liverpool where the Beatles are from, oh Manchester United the big soccer team, they're my favourite team Maggel! Yee haw lol. I don't like JBL. Does my Glaswegian bitterness come through? lol. They don't go there for the crowds or the fans, it's all about the history in those towns, that's all it is. It's like tourists. It's like me visiting Auschwitz to see what's left from WW2 and not being interested in what the people there are doing in 2015. Very very ignorant and very ignorant towards other fans in the UK that could give them a good atmosphere for their TV shows and as a Scottish person that is the only good thing I can take away from it. I know the English crowds are interchangeable and very Americanised now. They follow what the US audiences do and I know the reason why WWE does TV down there is just because of the history of those cities, not because they are going to sell those buildings out and because the fans are so great.
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly believe the only reason WWE goes to London, Mancester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Newcastle for TV is because the WWE thinks of the UK a certain way. Each of those cities are famous for various things and those things are.....decades old.
    Go away. Seriously just go away.
  • Options
    VieirinhaVieirinha Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone, I have finally made a DS account after reading these forums for along time (Yes I'm one of those many people who don't post)

So just wanted to say hello and hopefully join in with you guys n girls the best I can as I'm not as clued up about the business as some of you are. BTW I'm another Arsenal supporter which I know some of you will/won't like lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching Strike Force vs Demolition for the WWF tag Titles. The match where Martel gets injured.
  • Options
    Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    Go away. Seriously just go away.

This.

Why that tedious little wretch hasn't been banned from these forums for good yet, I don't know.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vieirinha wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have finally made a DS account after reading these forums for along time (Yes I'm one of those many people who don't post)

So just wanted to say hello and hopefully join in with you guys n girls the best I can as I'm not as clued up about the business as some of you are. BTW I'm another Arsenal supporter which I know some of you will/won't like lol

A warm welcome to the thread/madhouse. :D

Congratulations on finally taking the plunge too and moving from reader to poster - we're friendly honest (well most of us at least).

And good to have another Arsenal fan onboard. Like the name too.
  • Options
    Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Welcome. Good to see a fellow Chesterfield resident on here! Don't particularly approve of your football team, but then my late grandfather was also an Arsenal fan, so I guess it's not that uncommon for folk round here :)
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This.

Why that tedious little wretch hasn't been banned from these forums for good yet, I don't know.

I have to admit I haven't regretted my decision to put him on block/ignore one bit.

I also echo what Alexi says.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was the same way. I've been reading DS for years and there's other forums i read which are free to read, they don't require an account to read and i still read them but have never registered. You going to any of the shows on this tour?

This would be a good segment! Who regularly plays the fool in WWE? Dean Ambrose! Perfect. What they could do is have him chase someone around London with the Benny Hill music playing and they could trip over things on the pavements of London and he could sell it by doing a somersault into a bin or something then like Popeye he dusts himself off and gets back to the chasing! Then some angry cockneys could stand in a line having had enough London being torn apart and then the wrestlers need to work together, there could be some "gob smacking" going on and some rubber batons on the "noggin", maybe Kevin Dunn could CGI some animated birds flying round in a circle over the heads.

See that's entertaining. That would crack any TV viewer up. That's how you get people to watch the show. Maybe just entertaining to me of course but I doubt it. If i was flicking the channels and came across something like that I know i'd stop and watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    A warm welcome to the thread/madhouse. :D

Congratulations on finally taking the plunge too and moving from reader to poster - we're friendly honest (well most of us at least).

And good to have another Arsenal fan onboard. Like the name too.

Thank you BFGArmy I treaded water for along time before taking the plunge lol

Most of you seem great and provide more entertainment than RAW usually :P
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Got a very excited 7 year old just set off to Manchester with his dad and big brother for WWE Live. .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was the same way. I've been reading DS for years and there's other forums i read which are free to read, they don't require an account to read and i still read them but have never registered. You going to any of the shows on this tour?

Yeah Hazy I too have been reading this forum for years and this is were I usually get my news from regarding what's happening in the world of wrestling (Saves me trawling the internet lol lazy I know) I was think of going to the Sheffield show on the 10th but sadly thinks came up and I could make it. Are you going to any shows?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welcome. Good to see a fellow Chesterfield resident on here! Don't particularly approve of your football team, but then my late grandfather was also an Arsenal fan, so I guess it's not that uncommon for folk round here :)

Thanks Jimmy, yeah us Chesterfield(ions) get around lol I don't know many Arsenal fans around here it's usually Man Utd or Liverpool but it's cool to know your grandfather supported the best team in the land hehe :) who do you support?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was gonna go to the Glasgow show but couldn't due to a concert I had tickets for also. I'm thinking of making the trip to the Manchester TV tapings in November but I'll see how i feel in 2 weeks when the tickets go on sale.

I have Jimmy and many others here blocked but seeing that post you quoted made me smile. You should check out Jimmy's Twitter..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Got a very excited 7 year old just set off to Manchester with his dad and big brother for WWE Live. .

He will enjoy it. They're using a new set for their house shows with a big screen in the centre now. They might bring you back a T shirt :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He will enjoy it. They're using a new set for their house shows with a big screen in the centre now. They might bring you back a T shirt :)

If you dress up as the Macho man your guaranteed to get a free Shirt given to you by security.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I might do that at a show next time. Do you think i should get the fake tan on and sprinkle some baby oil on my arms?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeah.
This discussion has been closed.