Gmail Invites (merged)

1515253545557»

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Wow I started this thread over 2 years ago. i think of it like a child of mine.
  • widescreenwendywidescreenwendy Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I find it strange how I was able to sign up for a Gmail account without needing an invitation, as I signed up for my Gmail account just before it stopped being an invite only email service during Feburary 2007.

I am grateful that the Gmail trademark dispute has long since been resolved, since I would have found it incredibly embarrassing to send an email to another Gmail user outside the UK with my email address ending in @googlemail.com! :o

I also happened to sign up for my first ever Hotmail account during February 2007 as well, although I now prefer Gmail over what is now Outlook, and find myself using Gmail much more frequently than I use Outlook. (I still sign into my old Hotmail account every so often as so not to let it go inactive and get deleted).

I now have at least 6 other Gmail accounts, since I like using Gmail so much.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You bumped a 7 year old thread for that.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How unusual, a new member bumps an ancient thread.. welcome to Digital Spy
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How unusual, a new member bumps an ancient thread.. welcome to Digital Spy

Who is that aimed at? The new comer or the vet? :D
  • LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have found it incredibly embarrassing to send an email to another Gmail user outside the UK with my email address ending in @googlemail.com! :o

Because .... ??

'Googlemail' means a part of the female anatomy in other countries?

What?
    Forum Member
    My favorite thread this.
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ummm... the googlemail thing was never an issue - gmail always worked just fine.
    Forum Member
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Ummm... the googlemail thing was never an issue - gmail always worked just fine.

for people that had gmail addresses they worked fine. then there was a period that new signups in the UK had to use googlemail.

then it went back
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh really? Both me and the missus were *told* that our addresses were googlemail, and we both got the option to change over to gmail when that happened. However, we both always just used gmail in the actual address and it worked fine.
    Forum Member
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Oh really? Both me and the missus were *told* that our addresses were googlemail, and we both got the option to change over to gmail when that happened. However, we both always just used gmail in the actual address and it worked fine.

yeah it always worked for incoming mail.