PlayStation Store redesign next week

Comments

• stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    denzil28 wrote: »
    Can anyone check to see if the store on the Vita has changed. That surely couldn;t get worse than it already was!!!
    I've read that the Vita store isn't been changed.

Also read that the new store doesn't work via remote play.

Here is a walkthrough of the new store:
    http://youtu.be/zNK3V5bW308

F1_Dave_E wrote: »
    if they gave us view options like we had before & if we had a nice list view option i would probably like it a lot more.
    Same here, The new sorting I will get used to & the speed issues I can cope with as long as they improve, The boxes/tab view style however I can't.

I just really can't stand that view type, I find it harder to read & tend to miss things while trying to quickly read through them.

With a list style view that scrolls down you can keep your eyesight focused on 1 place & read each new item as it scrolls through.
    With this sort of box/tab view your having to scroll your eyes from left/right, then down to the next line & from left/right again.
    For whatever reason I find that much harder to quickly look though, Don't know why I just always have which is why I have never liked that sort of view style.

If we had an option to switch to a list like we had before I wouldn't really be overly bothered about the rest (Other than the unnecessary extra steps you have to go through to download stuff).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I really like the new layout, it's actually easy to navigate unlike the last design - no more having go loads of submenus to find what I want. It's also far more responsive too.
  • denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vita store is unchanged.

Damn it!!
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    My store isn't even loading at all, I've just got a blank red/black/blue screen

Edit: had to quit by using the middle button on the control pad, then I got the 3 beeps & switched the PS3 back on, now it's loaded the old store again.

I just wanted to see if the Battle Royale beta was available. I'll leave it til tomorrow
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read that the Vita store isn't been changed.

Also read that the new store doesn't work via remote play.

I just tried it via remote play, and it's coming up as the old version :confused::confused:

EDIT - That explains it. Just gone back to my PS3, and it has actually reverted back to the last version of the PS Store. Have they pulled it?
  • denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried it via remote play, and it's coming up as the old version :confused::confused:

EDIT - just gone back to my PS3, and it has actually reverted back to the last version of the PS Store. Have they pulled it?

Interesting!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    We updated the living room ps3 store and about 1:30 and went to do the bedroom ps3 store at about 2:00 and there was no update to the store.

It was flippin slow though so it should be pulled!!!!
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a walkthrough of the new store:
    http://youtu.be/zNK3V5bW308

That is shocking watching the store load on that video. :(
    What the heck were they thinking about ??
  • dwa36dwa36 Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    just 15 minutes ago i went to psn store and it downloaded a 20meg ish file and then went to new store. went back few minutes later it is back to the old look store has anyone else had this problem?
    Forum Member
    dwa36 wrote: »
    just 15 minutes ago i went to psn store and it downloaded a 20meg ish file and then went to new store. went back few minutes later it is back to the old look store has anyone else had this problem?
    They have temporarily pulled the new store.
  • dwa36dwa36 Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    thanks thought my ps3 was going wrong before this psn store update. on the old store today the downloads were being corrupted when downloading demos.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have temporarily pulled the new store.

Praying works!
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so i missed it then? any reason why its pulled?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Thank hell they pulled it, what a disaster, maybe now people will stop complaining about the old store! The new one was very Xbox like but instead took an age to load to, terrible design.

edit: AND THIS WAS DESIGNED BY STUDIO LONDON???

Bloody hell, can they do anything else to be more out of touch, and yet Sony closed Studio Liverpool for less!
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely they did trials on consoles first?!

I don't really like the new one if it's going to take ages to load.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Surely they did trials on consoles first?!

I don't really like the new one if it's going to take ages to load.

Given that everyone with a PS3 has been trying to access the new store I think that could be part of the speed issue.

Looks like I missed it as it seems it was only up for an hours or so. As long as I can still find my content I dont overly care what it looks like. But I just wish they had updated the download list, after 5years of downloading from the PSN finding something can be a real nightmare. It needs filters or to be sectioned for Demos, Games, DLC ect.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Given that everyone with a PS3 has been trying to access the new store I think that could be part of the speed issue..

Perhaps, but in the hours between the store going live and being pulled, I only had 2 friends online, and they were both playing games, so not using the store. (Hardly conclusive, just my perspective)

Most PS3 users are going to be at work/school/college at lunchtime on a weekday.

It's only the likes of us that have been waiting for this, Joe Public probably knows little about it.

It's not even as if it was a global release. USA don't get it until next week.

As well as the speed issues, Sony pulled it to apply "fixes" to wallet funding and PS+ account problems, so there's much more to this than just too much traffic I think.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First impressions - don't like it, at all.

Like I say tho, first impressions.

Totally fail to see how this is any improvement on the old store, maybe I just need to get used to it, but I don't think that will change my mind about it being a rubbish update.

This is worse than the xbox store.... lets just hope Sony stop here and don't have any crazy ideas about 'improving' the XMB.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So when is the new store coming then?
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I had it when I switch on my PS3 an hour ago, downloaded the program etc, now its back on the old store.

I don't want it back either.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha and i warned everyone about this, why change something that is perfectly fine such as the old store, hate to say i told you Sony.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally fail to see how this is any improvement on the old store, maybe I just need to get used to it, but I don't think that will change my mind about it being a rubbish update.
    This is what I posted on some gaming website when everyone was raving about the new design that they showed screenshots of recently, when they also said that they're going to be adding loads of new features as well as listening to what new features people want.

To me, it just sounded like marketing speak for 'it isn't ready yet but we're releasing it anyway'.

All it is is a re-skin. And if it is just a re-skin, why bother? The old one works OK now and is hardly diabolical to look at.

It irks me when people think they should release stuff in 'phases'. We have it at work with out updates and new features; 'let's put this feature in', project manager: 'we'll do that in phase 2'.

Screw phase 2.
    Forum Member
    New store was briefly back up a while ago & I had a look through it all again.

Seemed a bit faster & some of the little bugs I had earlier (Blank sections, not registering me as a + member) seemed fixed so at least that seems to be going in the right direction.

My biggest complaint/issue is still that were forced into using the boxes view to look through the content.
    I went looking through some DLC & for games with a lot of DLC having the boxes view makes things so much harder to navigate. I went looking through the little big planet DLC & it took forever to scroll through it, With the list view i used in the old layout it never took that long to scroll down & quickly find what i was after.

An issue with the box view is that its 3 boxes wide & at times theres a banner taking up half the screen so its only 1 row so your having to scroll through 3 at a time which just makes things take much longer to go through.

Introduce an option to select a list as we had before & I'd like it a whole lot more.

Thats the biggest complaint I have & the only other things I really dislike are pretty much the same complaints most seem to have. The extra steps to download the demos, the tumbler search keyboard (Why that instead of the on-screen keyboard?), No sorting in the download list (Something thats been complained about for years) & the fact the new additions are categorized rather than all been in 1 place.

Other than those its not really that bad.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was still on the old store when I booted up and downloaded some stuff after work yesterday.
    But when I popped back on later in the evening I was updated to the new design. I quite like the look of it and navigating around seemed to be okay. There is an issue with the speed, and the initial load up is painfully slow but hopefully this will improve over the coming days.
    It has certainly given a higher profile to the movie/TV content, which I would never really look at on the old layout. Watching trailers for films works well - although I am not sure how it was on the old store.
    I did struggle to find some content - I could not see where playstation access (the weekly show) was. I also miss having one place to go with all the new content for the week.
    I haven't actually downloaded anything yet - so haven't experienced the additional steps etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I went looking through some DLC & for games with a lot of DLC having the boxes view makes things so much harder to navigate. I went looking through the little big planet DLC & it took forever to scroll through it, With the list view i used in the old layout it never took that long to scroll down & quickly find what i was after.
    something i would like to add to this is that with the tabs view the text does not fit in the tab with longer names so there are times when you actually have to click on the item to see exactly what it is. this slows navigation down & makes it a real pain to quickly scroll through.

like you said though, if they were to add some view options like on the previous store which included some form of list i would also like this new store a great deal more than i currently am.