Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
The End of Time
The Time of the Doctor

Comments

• Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An extended reissue would be a massive insult to the fans who have already paid for the Regenerations set. It would be better to have a companion set containing:

The Power of the Daleks (audio)
    Spearhead from Space
    Robot
    Castrovalva
    The Twin Dilemma
    The Christmas Invasion + Children in Need 2005
    The Eleventh Hour
    The Day of the Doctor + The Night of the Doctor
    The Time of the Doctor
    Capaldi's debut
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much point, is there? Just for two eps and a mini-ep. Do know what you mean, though - does seem to have been released a bit prematurely. Jumped the gun, for the anniversary. Wonder if they knew Matt was leaving when they started work on the box?

I like pacific's idea, too. Gives it a new niche.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about a Day of the Doctor + Time of the Doctor box set? Please?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about a Day of the Doctor + Time of the Doctor box set? Please?

I've been holding out for "The Complete Series Seven." Completely accept that I might be waiting quite some time, but failing that, what you're suggesting would be the best scenario.

I'd probably go for a full 50th Anniversary set. The Night of the Doctor, The Day of the Doctor and The Time of the Doctor, along with The Last Day, An Adventure in Space and Time and The Fiveish Doctors. That's nine Doctors in one set - or eleven, if you count Bradley and Shearsmith as the first and second.

Chuck in commentaries for Day, Time, Adventure and Fiveish. Plus the 50th ad, plus some of the behind the scenes stuff from the website. That's a box worth getting, right there! Better than Time of the Doctor inexplicably boxed in with A Christmas Carol et al.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    If it was a "Regenerations" boxset, technically it'd have to include "Utopia and "Lets kill Hitler" too ;)
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    If it was a "Regenerations" boxset, technically it'd have to include "Utopia and "Lets kill Hitler" too ;)

Not to mention Destiny of the Daleks too *eek*
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Not to mention Destiny of the Daleks too *eek*

There is really no point in there being such a box set. It would cost too much to produce. Plus fans would have the stories on DVD already. It would cost at least £100, if not more. No one would be so silly as to get it, if they already have the stories seperately.

The first one cost enough. In my local HMV is was priced at £69.99. I wanted to get it, but didn't want to part with a lot of money, really just for the figure of the Fourth Doc in Third Doc's clothes.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

oh and if you include Utopia then you need the next two as technically its all one story! I was well annoyed when BBC 3, on its monsters and villains weekend, didn't show all three and only showed Utopia!

oh and if you want all of River's regens you need day of the moon along with the impossible astronaut!

all in all it would be a very large boxset!
    although all River's regen episodes could go on one disk and all off the new who Master's regen story episodes could go on the one disk!
    you would need bad wolf, parting of the ways and Christmas invasion on another disk and end of time parts 1&2 with eleventh hour on another oh and mettacrisis so stolen earth and journeys end. The list gos on!
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    oh and if you include Utopia then you need the next two as technically its all one story! I was well annoyed when BBC 3, on its monsters and villains weekend, didn't show all three and only showed Utopia!

all in all it would be a very large boxset!

oh and if you want all of River's regens you need day of the moon along with the impossible astronaut!

Yes! A River Song Box-Set would be fantastic! Absolutely fantastic!

It would include every episode that Alex has appeared in, including The Name of the Doctor from May last year.

I would most certainly purchase that, if the BBC/2 Entertain did decide to put one out.

If I was in control of putting one out, I would have it as this:

Disc 1:

1. Silence In The Library
    2. Forest of the Dead
    3. Time of Angels
    4. Flesh and Stone

Disc 2:

1. The Pandorica Opens
    2. The Big Bang
    3. Inpossible Astranaut
    4. Day of the Moon

Disc 3:

1. A Good Man Goes to War
    2. Let's Kill Hitler
    3. Closing Time (River makes an appearance about 5 minutes before the end, being put into her Space Suit at the request of Madame Kovarian).
    4. The Wedding of River Song

Disc 4:

1. The Angels Take Manhattan
    2. The Name of the Doctor

Plus, all the Doctor Who Confidential Cutdown programmes for these episodes, up to the Wedding of River Song. :D

The episodes would have to be in broadcast order, otherwise to a lot of people, it would look odd.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Yes! A River Song Box-Set would be fantastic! Absolutely fantastic!

It would include every episode that Alex has appeared in, including The Name of the Doctor from May last year.

I would most certainly purchase that, if the BBC/2 Entertain did decide to put one out.

oh yes and arranged in order of her timeline! With all minisodes with her in in the right order too!

some bits would be hard to put in exact order but i guess you have to do it in the way that wood best explain things like starting with a good man goes to war ect then as best as possible other episodes in series 6. Next series 5 episodes in reverse so the final two followed by the angle's episodes then series 7's angles take Manhattan then the library episodes from series 4 then back to series 7's final name of! With like I said adding the minisodes with her in round them!
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the final episode of The Tenth Planet were ever found, definitely. Otherwise, maybe not for a while?
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    I've been holding out for "The Complete Series Seven." Completely accept that I might be waiting quite some time, but failing that, what you're suggesting would be the best scenario.

I'd probably go for a full 50th Anniversary set. The Night of the Doctor, The Day of the Doctor and The Time of the Doctor, along with The Last Day, An Adventure in Space and Time and The Fiveish Doctors. That's nine Doctors in one set - or eleven, if you count Bradley and Shearsmith as the first and second.

Chuck in commentaries for Day, Time, Adventure and Fiveish. Plus the 50th ad, plus some of the behind the scenes stuff from the website. That's a box worth getting, right there! Better than Time of the Doctor inexplicably boxed in with A Christmas Carol et al.

Love the idea of a 50th box set. In fact I expecting there to be one.
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    There is really no point in there being such a box set. It would cost too much to produce. Plus fans would have the stories on DVD already. It would cost at least £100, if not more. No one would be so silly as to get it, if they already have the stories seperately.

The first one cost enough. In my local HMV is was priced at £69.99. I wanted to get it, but didn't want to part with a lot of money, really just for the figure of the Fourth Doc in Third Doc's clothes.

That's why I never buy who from hmv. I preordered it from bbc shop for 35 quid. Oh figure im sure your getting mixed up with the forth doctor time capsual which had various other exclusives as well as tom dressed as the third doctor.