Children in Need 2012

1414243444547»

Comments

• Options
    Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Don't believe all the rubbish you read online. What would you feel like if someone wrote not to give anything to the charity you mention because it all goes on paying for some people to play with aircraft or even to send them on exotic holidays. Rubbish also but as accurate as some of the stuff posted about Children in Need.

The BBC said they paid Wogan up to 2007 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6417329.stm and it still seems pretty opaque as to whether he donated those fees subsequently. It is hard for many celebs as they do things to help (Chris Evans for example) without making a big thing about it, but too many only seem interested in publicising themselves. Given recent reports that charitable giving has fallen 20% in recent years, i also wonder whether CiN just moves money around rather than adding to the pile.

It is something we should all be ashamed of, when kids have caring responsibilties for adults and it messes up their childhoods. I would be more convinced if some of these celebs actually went to help these kids out.

Hence, really, why I was saying that I sent my money direct to this small charity I came across recently. XH558 does get some scurrilous rubbish written on the Net and we have not been helped by Osborne dumping a £50K VAT bill on us to finance his friends.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of rubbish that was. Watched a recording of it in about 15 minutes. Managed to miss all the sob stories and all the crap acts and especially all the stupid repeat at the end!

The only decentish thing was Alan Sugar in Easterners.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only way to improve it is get rid of fearne cotton.in fact,getting rid of her will improve every show she is involved in.the most annoying,talentless presenter in uk history.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fearne Cotton doing the Top Gear commentary was one of the WORST things I have ever seen! She was completely rubbish and hardly said anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish that was. Watched a recording of it in about 15 minutes. Managed to miss all the sob stories and all the crap acts and especially all the stupid repeat at the end!

The only decentish thing was Alan Sugar in Easterners.

You've just summed up why the show is disgusting. People thinking they are paying for entertainment and moaning because it is rubbish. It's those 'sob stories' that are the point and when the show ends the type of people, who watch z listers promoting their latest thing to sell whilst pretending to care, will still be oblivious and ignorant of the fact that there are children that are in need in various ways in their community.
  • Options
    Chris_ChampionChris_Champion Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Fearne Cotton doing the Top Gear commentary was one of the WORST things I have ever seen! She was completely rubbish and hardly said anything.

Fearne Cotton is complete rubbish on every programme she pops up on
  • Options
    Chris_ChampionChris_Champion Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    loonattic wrote: »
    the only way to improve it is get rid of fearne cotton.in fact,getting rid of her will improve every show she is involved in.the most annoying,talentless presenter in uk history.

Yay, someone who agrees with me
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fearne Cotton is complete rubbish on every programme she pops up on

She doesn't suit being preggers, or that dress did her no favours.

On an related question why, unlike the USA, do our commercial channels avoid these blank-athon charity evenings like the plague ?

Has ITV ever done one ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Personally, I thought Terry Wogan was worse than Fearne Cotton, by a mile. I know to some, they couldn't imagine him not presenting this, but god, I cringed a few times watching him. Especially how he acted around Girls' Aloud..it sounded a little creepy to me. I've never liked Fearne Cotton, so I have no opinion of her, but yeah. Usually I like to watch this, but it was kinda boring this year...they could have tried to book better musical artists, I think. The only thing I liked was the Team GB skit. Ahaha. :D
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Cheryl styled out being an inch away from slipping on her arse quite well. The "haters" would've had a field day.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't suit being preggers, or that dress did her no favours.

On an related question why, unlike the USA, do our commercial channels avoid these blank-athon charity evenings like the plague ?

Has ITV ever done one ?

ITV used to do a networked Telethon show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_Telethon

It grew out of a local one broadcast by Thames to London only.
  • Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usual rubbish only worst,

Wogan should definately retire from doing it now Eurovision is better without him so would children in need be. :cool:
  • Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usual rubbish only worse

Wogan should definately retire from doing it now Eurovision is better without him so would children in need be. :cool:
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    ITV used to do a networked Telethon show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_Telethon

It grew out of a local one broadcast by Thames to London only.

Don't know how much they raised but I don't think it ever achieved the prominence of Children in Need. From what I remember of it, the moaners would find even more to moan about with it (unless of course the only moan because Children in Need is on the BBC as some do).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CM wrote: »
    Usual rubbish only worst,

I certainly have not watched Eurovision since he stopped doing it, I often watched the scoring just for his comments.
  • Options
    Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've just summed up why the show is disgusting. People thinking they are paying for entertainment and moaning because it is rubbish. It's those 'sob stories' that are the point and when the show ends the type of people, who watch z listers promoting their latest thing to sell whilst pretending to care, will still be oblivious and ignorant of the fact that there are children that are in need in various ways in their community.

Apparently, the ratings are the worst since 2006, "despite Girls Aloud" (because of?):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, the ratings are the worst since 2006, "despite Girls Aloud" (because of?):D

Haven't the viewing figures for all programmes been dropping?