Facebook: Having to start paying? or will it always be free?

2»

Comments

• tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another one that boils my p*ss:
    Place the elderly in prisons. They will get a shower a day video surveillance in case of problems, three meals a day, access to a library, computer, TV, gym ... Put criminals in nursing homes. They have cold meals lights off at 20h, one bath a week, live in a smaller room and pay 4,000 a month !!!!! It's Pretty sad that we treat prisoners better than the elderly!!!!

It's so factually incorrect it's unbelievable and yet people pass this off as fact!
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    I realise this rumour does the rounds from time to time, but it's reared it's head again on facebook, but this time - it sadly sounds like it's the real mccoy. as in EVERYONEs talking about it.

does anyone know the absolute truth about this?

wouldn't you think facebook would make a flippin' announcement about this to end the speculation amongst members??

Firstly do you not think to ask 'everyone' what the source for the rumour is?

Secondly:

http://www.facebook.com/facebook/posts/10150420085741729
    Facebook wrote:
    A rumor on the internet caught our attention. We have no plans to charge for Facebook. It's free and always will be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also Google + has just launched for free and everyone would simply go over there and FB would lose all it's punters and advertising. So many reasons why they will never charge including the message of "free and always will be" on the log in page.
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iannai wrote: »
    That's how religions start.....

No it's bollocks. What you have there is the modern day equivalent of a chain letter. Ignore it.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.