Options

Chris Brown - why has he been forgiven?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mellybumpsmellybumps Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I won't buy or listen to any of his music, he's a repellent human being and I think it's disgraceful that Rihanna (with her money and resources) has taken him back :mad:
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Maybe do some research into the cycle of abuse before you blame the woman in this situation.

Can you clarify?

I think you're perhaps referring to a pattern of abuse followed by remorse and promises of a renewed relationship where things will be better?

I think this is quite understandable in a 'trapped' situation where the woman has limited escape options, or she has small children to provide for, or her own background is one of domestic abuse and she's used to that.

Rihanna seems a fairly determined and assertive character; her stage performances don't suggest a shrinking violet. She managed to 'escape' CB after the abuse, and she's not exactly financially dependent on him. Yet she went back.

I don't understand what you mean.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually apparently it's been riri doing the chasing.. That's why Kareuche doesn't like her.

I think they should stick a fork in it.. It's not going to do either of them any good.

Tho tbh now they're free to be together, the appeal will be lost.
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it my imagination or does he lisp when he sings?

He's always had the lisp , listen to his first single 'run it' and you'll hear it even then.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it my imagination or does he lisp when he sings?

Yes, I always notice it in his #1 hit. "Turn up the music 'cause this thong just came on..."
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    What happened was between him and Rhianna. It is not for the public to tell them what they can and can't do.
    If he attacks her again then it's her own fault for going back to him but it's still not the publics business to say who a person can be with and who they can't, no matter who or how famous they are.

I agree with this, the only person who has the right to forgive Chris for anything is Rihanna as she was the victim. Really its none of our business. You can have an opinion on what happened sure but its not up to you to forgive him or not.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris is a super guy according to riri's father:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read at the time.something about her hitting him with a stiletto... u don't know what goes on in people's homes....we don't know if there was violence from both sides .... all we know is what was seen in the one public.incident. she has forgiven him.which.must of been incredibly hard to do.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgiven by who? The person he did it to? Because that's her choice, and she's the only one that matters. Forgiven by the public? As others have said, he didn't do anything to us, so what have we got to forgive him for?

As for his music and career, he's a talented guy. His music isn't all my cup of tea - I've liked some of his songs - just because he made a mistake, it doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to carry on with his career.
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    I think the most disturbing aspect is that Rihanna is back with him, apparently. This says a great deal about her own stupidity, immaturity and lust to be in the public eye. The message she's sending out to young, naive fans is horribly unhealthy. Silly,silly girl.

I agree about it sending out the wrong message to other women but I suspect that this may be to do with Rhianna's deeper psychological issues than stupidity, immaturity and lust - a lot of damaged women seem to seek out damaged men to right messed out parental relationships in their own minds.

I agree its her life but I fear she's making a terrrible mistake and may influence others to do likewise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Rihanna has forgiven him, what business is it of anyone elses?

I agree with this. It is none of our business. If she wants to be with him and forgives him thats totally up to her.

For me its done and he has paid the price for what he did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mellybumps wrote: »
    I won't buy or listen to any of his music, he's a repellent human being and I think it's disgraceful that Rihanna (with her money and resources) has taken him back :mad:

What has money and resource got to do with it???

Im not condoning what he did...but I bet there are lots of people who hit people who you have no idea about.
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's interesting for me about the whole situation is that Chris's attituded has really changes since the night where they had the fight. Listening to some of his recent songs he really doesn't think much of women at all - he sounds like a complete pig on some of the tracks off his last album.

I think this review sums up what happened perfectly:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/chris-brown-fortune,82179/

"In the immediate wake of the incident that should have killed Chris Brown’s career, the singer’s P.R. team rushed to salvage his tarnished image, hoping to recast him as the jiggy-dancing, dream-date teen star he used to be. It was a lost cause. That Chris Brown died the night he bloodied his famous girlfriend, and the one that emerged in his stead was far nastier: an unrepentant, grudge-bearing monster who over the next two years clawed his way back into fame’s conscienceless inner circle with the brutal determination of a shadowy figure in a slasher film. Brown reclaimed his stardom not by apologizing for what he did, but by owning it. He often even conveys a sense of stubborn pride about it, a detestable posture that has soured every album he’s made since. Bad people can create worthwhile art, of course, but more than Ike Turner, R. Kelly, or nearly any other musician with a sordid history, Brown makes it impossible to separate his music from his transgressions. Fortune is, like his previous post-Rihanna albums, the unmistakable work of the same petty, violent-tempered hardhead that the tabloids have documented so well."