It's time to get tough on extremism!

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I think its fair to say that the majority of them (that we hear about anyway) are currently Muslims. Thats not to say other types of terrorists are not around, its not like all terrorists bar Muslim ones are off on holiday or something.

You (generic you, not you personally) cannot bury your head in the sand and say its not currently quite often a Muslim issue.

BUT it wasnt always that way, think IRA etc, and in another 50 years who's to say?

There will always be terrorists and they should be dealt with in the appropriate manner and it doesnt really matter a great deal to me whether they are Muslims, Christians, of another religion or of no religion at all. They are all scum.

That's true to a point, but still the OP was a little misleading. Plus you made the same mistake as me and are talking about terrorism instead of extremism. Maybe the OP meant terrorism.
  • Options
    ennuiennui Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    But....but....if they're British, where do you propose sending them 'back' to?

You haven't really thought this through, have you?
    They can quite easily be banished from British soil and deported into Exile to a Nation State that is willing to accept them. There are over a billion mahometans who do not live in our country and should welcome their kith and kin to live back amongst them whether that be in Africa or in Asia.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    ennui wrote: »
    They can quite easily be banished from British soil and deported into Exile to a Nation State that is willing to accept them. There are over a billion mahometans who do not live in our country and should welcome their kith and kin to live back amongst them whether that be in Africa or in Asia.

I wish it was that easy. sometimes wonder though if it's better that they stay here, in as much that it's easier to keep track of them and their evil plans.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    14 year old girl shot in the head by Taliban in response to her campaign against the destruction of girls schools in Pakistan

This petition is for her to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
    just more than 5,000 needed

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/nobel-peace-prize-for-malala?utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition
  • Options
    XanadauXanadau Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP fell flat on its face with this line:

It seems a pretty obvious it's a veiled attempt at promoting an agenda.

Extremism and terrorism is a serious issue, but it's a bit sad using it to promote racism and bigotry.

Yes that was exactly what it was. A BNP rant dressed up as concern over terrorism and an idiotic thing to say as well.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Eve_Dyer wrote: »
    I think that point has been stated enough now don't you - or do you see it as a stick to beat the OP with? Maybe the OP feels angry and wants to share their thoughts and opinions, I'm sure most of us can lose our linguistic ability if we feel riled up enough.

I don't remember reading that bit but over the past few years, the terrorists have been Muslim haven't they? Or have I got that wrong?
    Ah ! I remember the good old days when the terrorists used to be Irish.

Harder to spot in a crowd, sneaky buggers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »

As I said in an earlier post ;)
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Eve_Dyer wrote: »
    As I said in an earlier post ;)
    Well tbf I read most of the thread, but it was getting repetitive and I probably nodded off a bit.

:yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well tbf I read most of the thread, but it was getting repetitive and I probably nodded off a bit.

:yawn:

It does end up; going around in circles doesn't it - I've sat and read through pages and pages of threads ready to give my thoughts only to find I've slipped into a coma at some point ;)
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

but it got a bit easier of an evening

they'd be the ones drinking guinness
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrorists are basically Bullies. they intimidate, frighten, provoke then hit at the weakest. we can't get rid of bullies and we can't get rid of terrorists, but we can controle what they do, and how they affect us. In my experience the Bully - terrorist can only have an effect if we let them get the upper hand. when the bully is confronted by the rest of the playground they usually back down. we need to let the terrorist know the following "we won't let you win, you are just a big bully. we will not give in to your threats"! "We know you might kill and maim but your way is wrong, TERRORISM IS AN ABUSE OF THE INOCENT TO GAIN POWER! ALL ABUSE IS WRONG - ABUSE MUST BE STOPPED!