UK Parliament comes to an effective end on November 2014 (new EU rules)

BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
Forum Member
Well this is scary and seems to be entirely true from what Google's brought up... What the actual f*ck? Things are worse than I thought. Each state won't even need to vote legislation in amymore, just a majority!

http://pjcjournal.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/uk-parliament-comes-to-an-effective-end/
Posted on May 16, 2014

On the 1st November 2014 the right of Parliament to legislate over us in 43 areas, the important ones, will be removed and be made subject to approval. They call it QMV, Qualified Majority Voting.

Each member State will lose it right of Veto over these areas, so Cameron’s idea of negotiation to recover any areas goes out the window at the same time.

The following areas of competence will switch from requiring unanimous approval of all member states to qualified majority voting only:

Initiatives of the High Representative for Foreign Affairs – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Administrative co-operation – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Asylum – Nice: QMV; Lisbon: QMV
Border controls – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Citizens’ initiative regulations – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Civil protection – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Committee of the Regions – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Common defence policy – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Crime prevention incentives – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Criminal judicial co-operation – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Criminal law – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Culture – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Diplomatic & Consular protection – Nice: Unanimity Lisbon: QMV
Economic & Social Committee – Nice: QMV Lisbon: QMV
Emergency international aid – Nice: Unanimity Lisbon: QMV
Energy – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
EU budget – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Eurojust – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
European Central Bank – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
European Court of Justice – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Europol – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Eurozone external representation – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Foreign Affairs High Representative election – Lisbon: QMV
Freedom of movement for workers – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Freedom to establish a business – Nice: Unanimity Lisbon QMV
Freedom, security, justice, co-operation & evaluation – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Funding the Common Foreign & Security Policy – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
General economic interest services – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Humanitarian aid – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Immigration – Nice: QMV; Lisbon: QMV
Intellectual property – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Organisation of the Council of the EU – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Police co-operation – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
President of the European Council election – Lisbon: QMV
Response to natural disasters & terrorism – Lisbon: QMV
Rules concerning the Armaments Agency – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Self-employment access rights – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Social Security Unanimity – Nice: QMV; Lisbon: QMV
Space – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Sport – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Structural & Cohension Funds – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Tourism – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Transport – Nice: Unanimity; Lisbon: QMV
Withdrawal of a member state – Lisbon: QMV

A brief review of the Treaties confirms the Transitional arrangements which allow, only on specific votes, for the Nice Treaty Provisions to apply from 1st November 2014 until March 2017, hence I imagine PM David Cameron’s determination to delay our referendum beyond that date, tying Britain for ever within the non-democratic, totalitarian and now clearly despotic EU.

For your reference, if anyone interested in the Treaty Articles behind this change, here is the legal bit. http://grahnlaw.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/eu-qualified-majority-voting-qmv.html

Comments

• BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Cameron is completely full of shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Is it me or have the shitbags in Parliament also exempted themselves from prosecution and the death penalty for treason by selling us out like they've done when it comes to conscription?

For some reason it's perfectly alright for our politicans to tell Brussels they can take more of our powers of self-rule away from us without being rightly accused of betrayl and treason but if some Islamic youth goes to Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan r Syria nowm they're suspected of treason.

It seems that our politicians're the worst traitors for selling us out but they're getting away with it.
    Forum Member
    That was the original (secret) idea of the common market in the first place. Each member state would eventually lose it's powers of self-rule, control of it's laws, economy, ,military forces and scrap it's own currency.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »

Who signed the Lisbon Treaty, wasn't Cameron.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Nigel chap has a point doesn't he,
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading this makes my trip to the polling booth today even more satisfying.
  • crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain why it suggests cameron is waiting for his referendum until 2017.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

???????
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Objective analysis on this issue here.

It makes the argument that there advantages and disadvantages for Qualified Majority Voting . Nearly 20 years ago QMV was accepted by the UK Government as a better option for protecting national interest because unlike the veto which accompanies unanimity - a decision which stalls any progress - there is an enhanced possibility of action on issues where progress has previously been impossible.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Who signed the Lisbon Treaty, wasn't Cameron.

Or indeed the single European act all those years ago,which was probably the biggest social change of the EU.
    Forum Member
    crystallad wrote: »
    Can someone explain why it suggests cameron is waiting for his referendum until 2017.

Because he can give away more of Briain's powers of self-rule. Labpur promised us one but we didn't get it and the longer the delay, Britain loses more and more of it's powers.
    Forum Member
    That Nigel chap has a point doesn't he,

BRITAIN IS NOT UP FOR SALE!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Objective analysis on this issue here.

It makes the argument that there advantages and disadvantages for Qualified Majority Voting . Nearly 20 years ago QMV was accepted by the UK Government as a better option for protecting national interest because unlike the veto which accompanies unanimity - a decision which stalls any progress - there is an enhanced possibility of action on issues where progress has previously been impossible.

That is basically an argument for it though yes there are sound reasons for QMV. The obvious option would be to allow member states to opt out of decisions passed by QMV if they oppose them. A sort of devolution.

That however is all rather academic as the main issue is the EU is seeking to turn itself into a super state with member states becoming more and more subservient to it. The only way to change that is to withdraw from it.
  • crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what exactly does cameron hope to negotiate ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »
    So what exactly does cameron hope to negotiate ?

He hasn't said exactly what but more to the point a great many people don't believe he has a hope in hell of renegotiating anything of any substance. Even if he did QMV would scupper it.
  • Camp FreddieCamp Freddie Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone on this forum reads this thread today, before they cast their vote in the EU elections. Anything less than a vote for an anti EU party is condemning this country to a despotic organisation for generations to come. Put right the mistakes of the past and vote against this hideous creation which is choking the life and soul out of the UK.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is scary and seems to be entirely true from what Google's brought up... What the actual f*ck?
    I seem to recall at the time people drew up lists of the various 'automatic opt in by default after five years' provisions which were quite unnerving but we were told we could rest assured that there would be time to mitigate or renegotiate and the only thing the government had to do was make sure the paperwork was done.

One government signed it all away and the next government watched it float off into the distance.

Edit: I have a stack of election pamphlets now, including one which includes a name that at least sounds familiar but never gets mentioned by anyone for doing anything (useful or otherwise, even a scandal would be nice to prove his existence), another that tells me I can re-elect someone whose name I only vaguely remember from leaflets the last time around, and other from groups that apparently exist in europe but which I have never heard of. If there's anywhere on the ballot paper that I can write in "the people's a1a1aaaaardvark party" I will be doing so.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone on this forum reads this thread today, before they cast their vote in the EU elections. Anything less than a vote for an anti EU party is condemning this country to a despotic organisation for generations to come. Put right the mistakes of the past and vote against this hideous creation which is choking the life and soul out of the UK.

Are there no more elections for generations to come then?
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one looking at that list and thinking most of it makes sense? Why shouldn't we have agreement on Intellectual Property rules or Humanitarian Aid?
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, that's just bullshit.

The elections today are not about leaving the EU. No matter how you vote, we will be in it and will be expected to participate. I will be voting for the candidate who will actually represent the country and at least try to make the EU work.

An in/out referendum is where we will get a say on membership.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Green Party are committed to holding a referendum on EU membership. You don't have to vote UKIP or any other anti-EU party to support that idea.
  • Camp FreddieCamp Freddie Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Are there no more elections for generations to come then?

Where did I say there would be no future elections ? They will, however, become more irrelevant as the slow but sure capitulation of successive governments hand over power to the EU.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did I say there would be no future elections ? They will, however, become more irrelevant as the slow but sure capitulation of successive governments hand over power to the EU.

Your hyperbole aside, no they won't, because any future government can opt to withdraw from the EU should they so wish.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    The Green Party are committed to holding a referendum on EU membership. You don't have to vote UKIP or any other anti-EU party to support that idea.

Indeed, especially since voting for an anti EU party today won't make a blind bit of difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, especially since voting for an anti EU party today won't make a blind bit of difference.
    Especially if they're a party who don't even bother turning up half the time. *cough* UKIP *cough*
This discussion has been closed.