Silent Witness Series 18 starts tomorrow 06/01/2015

Comments

• GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant series! All the episodes have been highly enjoyable.

I have ordered some previous series of amazon to keep me going till next series.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    GracieL wrote: »
    Brilliant series! All the episodes have been highly enjoyable.

I have ordered some previous series of amazon to keep me going till next series.

I thought the start of the series was excellent, the last two two-parters were much weaker IMO, but this week was not as bad as the ridiculous story last week with the Russians.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Took me ages to watch this. Iplayer was breaking up constantly.

Anyway great episode. Roll on part two. Great to see James Alexandrou back on TV.

Gosh I think he is a dreadful actor, he was on Casualty the other night too, very one dimensional weak actor.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    I thought the start of the series was excellent, the last two two-parters were much weaker IMO, but this week was not as bad as the ridiculous story last week with the Russians.

Same. I hated the Russians story, this one was ok, but the first 3 were excelleant. My fave was the second one with Jack Roth.

I really don't see the point of Richard Linterns character, he hardly ever features. Its basically Jack and Nikki every week with the police.
  • MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    What about another glaring continuity error? The girl is in the loo in a near coma with blood pouring from her right nostril, and 5 minutes later she's found stone dead with her left nostril covered in a totally different blood pattern & the right clean as a whistle.

The one the other week where girl & the homeless chap did the newsagent in and scarpered with her having blood all over one part of her shirt then 100 yards down the road it's not there.

It should be a minor thing but when it's so in yer face it really detracts from the suspended belief that we watch these things in.

Good watchable drama though overall. Shame about these distractions.

The first scene where she was on the phone was filmed into the mirror above the sinks - surely you noticed that?
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    The first scene where she was on the phone was filmed into the mirror above the sinks - surely you noticed that?
    No. She seemed to be in the same position in the corner of the loo, then 5 minutes later is slumped dead.

Fair enough if that's the case. My mistake. In future I'll gag the wife to stop her having conversations during it causing me to miss key bits... :)
  • Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone on this thread watch Doctors? The undercover cop's handler - thought I recognised him from somewhere - was Emma's husband Sam in Doctors!!
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the final story, nice to see Steven Hartley again - he's a brilliant actor. He also played a villain in The Bill as bent cop, Tom Chandler! Over 10 years ago now.

My favourite story of the series was the one set on the London Underground. But they were all great stories. Roll on the next series! Would love to see Harry back for one story at least! ;-)
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone just watched midsomer murders,amanda burton was the killer
  • martin2345ukmartin2345uk Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    In the first story of this series, am I misremembering or didn't nikki leave her phone number on a log for some hunky jogging guy? Did that not go anywhere?
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't make head nor tail of the final two episodes. Something to do with undercover coppers and drugs? Nikki seems to be getting a bit desperate, what with leaving her phone number in the woods for passing joggers, then shagging a haggard-looking paunchy bloke that was a cut below her in every department.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Series 18 - Enjoyed the first two stories ('Sniper's Nest' and 'Fallen Angels')
    Third was just okay ('Protection')
    The last two were terrible ('Squaring the Circle' and 'One of Our Own')
  • MontyzumaMontyzuma Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    piggypug wrote: »
    Series 18 - Enjoyed the first two stories ('Sniper's Nest' and 'Fallen Angels')
    Third was just okay ('Protection')
    The last two were terrible ('Squaring the Circle' and 'One of Our Own')

That sums it up for me. I have never been much of a fan, but was converted after the first two stories. The last one was a real let down, and they seemed to hire in a bus load of over-acting muppets. Some of the scenes in 'One of Our Own' were comical.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A scruffy looking cop asks Nikki if she has any Scotch, she steals some & the next scene he has bonked her, just like that? is it really that easy. In a previous episode Jack asks a dolly bird "would you like to go for a drink?" & she replies "No, but you can come back to my place for a bonk, (& she had a seriously ill daughter & didnt seem to think that was a problem).
    If only it was that easy (or perhaps it is these days)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone just watched midsomer murders,amanda burton was the killer

Thanks for that, i've recorded MM, guess there is no point in watching it now.....>:(
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Felt this story was a bit weak and kept on thinking ah so Martin out of Eastenders in a police officer now!.

Nikki shagged that police guy quickly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felt this story was a bit weak and kept on thinking ah so Martin out of Eastenders in a police officer now!.

Nikki shagged that police guy quickly!

She was due a hook up, Jack had his last week ;-)
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was due a hook up, Jack had his last week ;-)

Yeah, if Jack can get a hook up, then Nikki can as well.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, i've recorded MM, guess there is no point in watching it now.....>:(
    So why did you open a spoiler then? :confused:
  • aero63aero63 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    via_487 wrote: »

I did the same. It's a thread about a different programme. If someone puts something in a spoiler on a thread about Silent Witness you expect that the spoiler will relate to that programme, not a completely diffeent one.
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    aero63 wrote: »
    I did the same. It's a thread about a different programme. If someone puts something in a spoiler on a thread about Silent Witness you expect that the spoiler will relate to that programme, not a completely diffeent one.
    esp when the spoiler has nothing around it to indicate that it relates to MM not SW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    via_487 wrote: »

Because this is the SW thread, not the MM one, how the hell was i supposed to know that the spoiler was about MM??? What am i, a mind reader?? >:(
    Are you an idiot?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    esp when the spoiler has nothing around it to indicate that it relates to MM not SW.

EXACTLY!
  • BassthoundBassthound Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or has there been far too many instances in the last couple of series of flirting/hook up between one of them and the officer investigating a case. Feels like it's every episode last couple of series.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because this is the SW thread, not the MM one, how the hell was i supposed to know that the spoiler was about MM??? What am i, a mind reader?? >:(
    Are you an idiot?
    Lol! Just seen this.
    You may not be a mind reader, but you sure are angry!
    Chill :)

Or did my late reply stir up all the bad memories again...? ;-)