Madonna is wrong!!!!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1165698/Madonna-takes-David-visit-orphanage-shes-branded-bully-Mercy-adoption-bid.html

I want to say upfront....I admire anyone who adopts a child....and raises them with love and necessities....but what Madonna is doing is plain wrong and her fans should be outraged as all of us should be...

This woman will not give up on anything she wants and now you are seeing the self-centeredness to all this and it's not pretty...

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, will you leave the woman alone? If you are that concerned , why not write to the government? Nowt wrong with adopting a child who is already in need. I'm not sure a single mum who lives between countries is the most stable of backgrounds but it is better than living in an orphanage , surely?
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats wrong with giving a future to some kid who currently has none, its only a shame that more people who has the ability to do this wont.

I agree with what she is doing as long as the kid has no relatives, a 100% orphan ( I know its not nice to say )

If I had the cash, I would be the first in the queue

g
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Madonna has been given enough breaks...how do you think she got successful? By being nice and deeply spiritual? Or stepping over everyone to get where she wanted? Now...she's manipulating this adoption because she wants what she wants.....how can you defend her?

There is a Grandmother that wants this child....now would you give your child or Grandchild away that easily? She's not doing it the right way but her fans defend any ego driven things she does...maybe she should reread the Kaballah...I was reading it last night...she needs a refresher course
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mojorisin' wrote: »
    I think Madonna has been given enough breaks...how do you think she got successful? By being nice and deeply spiritual? Or stepping over everyone to get where she wanted? Now...she's manipulating this adoption because she wants what she wants.....how can you defend her?

There is a Grandmother that wants this child....now would you give your child or Grandchild away that easily? She's not doing it the right way but her fans defend any ego driven things she does...maybe she should reread the Kaballah...I was reading it last night...she needs a refresher course

she got successfull by being a good singer in her day, every successfull person steps over sombody, god even I have stepped over somebody in my time.

she's not manipulating the adoption, she's trying to adopt like many none famous people do.

I agree that if the child has family then shye should not try and adopt but if the child is an orphan then why not.

I think you have a bee in your bonet over nothing, I kow that if I was a orphan living over there I would love to be adopted by her, you would want for nothing.

In fact she can adopt me right now.

I think you need to chill....

g
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A question, would you have problems with a non famous couple or single person trying to adopt a child who in normal circumstances would not live a very good life and in most cases live a very bad life.

this couple or person can give the child anything the child can want.........

if you can say you dont agree then there is something really wrong with you....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a child has family that are willing to take on parental responsibilities , the child should stay with the family. I hope you have adopted children or plan to adopt in the future!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a child has family that are willing to take on parental responsibilities , the child should stay with the family. I hope you have adopted children or plan to adopt in the future!
    ]

who are u saying that too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

maybe kim kardashian should adopt somebody, I think your dislike for madonna and the press she is getting has prompted you to create this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP.

If he/she feels so strongly about adoption ,I hope they will adopt in the future.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1165698/Madonna-takes-David-visit-orphanage-shes-branded-bully-Mercy-adoption-bid.html

I want to say upfront....I admire anyone who adopts a child....and raises them with love and necessities....but what Madonna is doing is plain wrong and her fans should be outraged as all of us should be...

This woman will not give up on anything she wants and now you are seeing the self-centeredness to all this and it's not pretty...

Who's to say she's not going to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member

I feel your frustration which was so aptly indicated by copious exclamation marks...it's definatley a divisive and "grr" issue.

People can't seem to detach themselves from this Madonna as saviour image. The woman gave £1.7 million to Malawi, she is worth and estimated £300 mill. Firstly I bet she has toilet seats more expensive than that. Secondly in terms of percentage of worth that is the equivalent to you or I giving a tenner. So I don't buy into the "she plowed loads of money into Malawi" and I certainly don't think donating any money entitles you to a child, especially not one who has living relatives.

I also think she is exploiting Malawi and there lack of legislation on this subject, has she any other reason to pick Malawi out of the ether as the beneficiary of her generosity? Not to my knowledge...that being said I like the music, can't stand the woman so please correct me if i'm wrong.

My last point is about the many people over here jumping through hoops over here to adopt a child. These people are patiently waiting while all the paperwork and checks are done, why should rich and/or famous people be able to bypass this? This makes me question her suitability as an adoptive parent, would she has been allowed to adopt a baby in this country, becasue if not she should not be allowed to adopt one anywhere else because to do so would be an exploitation of the abscence of any uniform rules on the matter.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm sick of the Madonna bashing that frequents DS.

I'm sure a child being with Madonna's children and having a happy full life, is better than growing up in an orphanage, possibly not getting the full attention he/she deserves. As she said on the news, it's not any business of people (outside of the situation).

As someone who has an adopted sister myself, I admire Madonna. Not everything is about cash.
    Forum Member
    I'm sick of Madonna lovin on DS.

I'm not trying to to be rude...its just funny how she polarises opinion so much, always has done I suppose.

At the end of the day no one would disagree that adoption is a great thing to do, its the way that she is doing it which is being called into question.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    There is no 'Madonna loving' on DS. She only ever seems to get slagged. I don't 'love' her, I just like and admire her.

Still, I suppose someone has to fill the recently vacated gap of whipping 'boy'.
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for being a bit thick or maybe just not bothering to read the articles about the adoption but why is Madonna adopting a child that has family that want her?

I guess we don't know what Madonna is really like as a mother though her daughter seems normal!We also have no idea how much time she spends with her children or why she adopted David in the first place when she had two children and likes to put herself first.

The story if true about her flying her trainer and treadmill over for the short time they are there just seems so silly and a bit over the top when visiting such a poor country.
    Forum Member
    There is no 'Madonna loving' on DS. She only ever seems to get slagged. I don't 'love' her, I just like and admire her.

Still, I suppose someone has to fill the recently vacated gap of whipping 'boy'.

I disagree, the other recent Madonna thread has plenty...why people are insistant on bringing up her talent I don't know. I like her music and in someways I think from a female perspective she is perhaps an inspiration but her talent has nothing to do with her adopting children.

...I thought Jordan was the new whipping boy? To be fair, you can only be whipped if you show your rear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOH....major massive assumptions are being made on here and they are completely wrong....

I am not a fan of Madonna as an entertainer but there was a thread here about her adopting another child when the news first broke....and I was one of only a few people who said it was admirable and how much I supported and respected it....

So where do you all get off talking to me like that?...I defended her adoption plans...on a thread where she was bashed twelve ways to Sunday...but how she is going about this adoption in my opinion...is very wrong and she should do it the right way...

She seems like a person who just decides she is going to get what she wants...even a child and there are ways to go about things....and ways not to....and as someone who has spent years in the spiritual study she herself is engaged in...it makes me see red....

Maybe if you were into the Kaballah....you'd see where I am coming from....but since most of you clearly are not and don't want to realize....I am not trashing her because I don't like her act....then so be it....kids shouldn't be bought and sold...as they are not possessions....
  • max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on a minute, what makes you all think that these kids will have a better life with her?

....Just because shes got a few bob in the bank she is still just a clueless old witch with the worst dress sense in history.

I'd rather just stay in the orpanage!!
  • morduemordue Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its fine if she adopts the child - I think its a bit rich the grandmother appears to be objecting -

Why has she not taken her out of the orphanage if she cares so much about her?

Madonna may not be everyone's favourite lady but she donated money to a school there - have you?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Madonna is trying to adopt this child against the wishes of his grand parent, then that's completely wrong. If however, she's just simply trying to adopt the child with no interference from anyone, then fair enough. Surely Madonna can't take on the whole of the population's children though? Although saying this, she's only adopted one before this. If she gives this child a better life with no disagreement from anybody related to the boy, then I've got no problems with her doing this. If the relatives are doing this because they can't afford to look after the child, then maybe Madonna should somehow fix it so that the poor parent could get to see their child once in a while?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOH....major massive assumptions are being made on here and they are completely wrong....

I am not a fan of Madonna as an entertainer but there was a thread here about her adopting another child when the news first broke....and I was one of only a few people who said it was admirable and how much I supported and respected it....

So where do you all get off talking to me like that?...I defended her adoption plans...on a thread where she was bashed twelve ways to Sunday...but how she is going about this adoption in my opinion...is very wrong and she should do it the right way...

She seems like a person who just decides she is going to get what she wants...even a child and there are ways to go about things....and ways not to....and as someone who has spent years in the spiritual study she herself is engaged in...it makes me see red....

Maybe if you were into the Kaballah....you'd see where I am coming from....but since most of you clearly are not and don't want to realize....I am not trashing her because I don't like her act....then so be it....kids shouldn't be bought and sold...as they are not possessions....

I agree. If she wants to adopt the child, she should go the right way about things - if she hasn't done already. Just because you have money, this doesn't for one minute mean that you should be able to get what you want all the time, but with some loaded celebrities, this always seems to be the case. I think this was the very reason why Madonna was critisized heavily the last time for, not because she just simply adopted the child, but because of the WAY she adopted the child.
  • LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's fair to take the child out of an enviroment she is used to and away from any remaining family she has. This poor kid will have to get used to living in more than one strange country with the added trauma of the media attention.

If Madonna does desperately want to adopt a child, I'm sure there are plenty in London or New York who won't find it so hard to adapt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member

why is Madonna doing it???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laroc wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to take the child out of an enviroment she is used to and away from any remaining family she has. This poor kid will have to get used to living in more than one strange country with the added trauma of the media attention.

If Madonna does desperately want to adopt a child, I'm sure there are plenty in London or New York who won't find it so hard to adapt.

Well, it MIGHT be that she wants to be seen as a kind hearted soul, so, people will then start liking her, which will lead to more albums being sold. Okay, that might not be right, but just trying to see the other side of this. But you have a point though. Why a child from a third world country for? I'm sure there are a lot of children in London who are just as badly off as these kids in the third world countries.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    goonerlady wrote: »

I guess we don't know what Madonna is really like as a mother though her daughter seems normal!We also have no idea how much time she spends with her children or why she adopted David in the first place when she had two children and likes to put herself first.

I've seen madonna pitchered with her children a lot more than any other celebrity. Also you can see by her and her daughters body language how close they are...