New Katy Perry album soon?

Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
Forum Member
✭✭
I realise 'teenage dream' was only released 1 year ago in 2010 - but I was thinking, seeing as Katy is now sporting blonde locks instead of brunette - she might release a new album with her blonde hair on the front?

also I heard her and Russel Brand's love empire are on the rocks - and if these 2 officialy split - all the more reason to release a new album, singing about overcoming relationship problems?

thoughts.........

Comments

• BP4Lthe2ndBP4Lthe2nd Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I think were getting a Teenage Dream rerelease which makes sense - more hit singles and it boosts those album sales up.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is re working on some Teenage dream songs that never made the album. She is working on them with The Dream. It will either be a re-release or done like an EP like how The Fame Monster was.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I always thought she'd either get into acting more or spend more time with Russell, maybe start a family?
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    BP4Lthe2nd wrote: »
    I think were getting a Teenage Dream rerelease which makes sense - more hit singles and it boosts those album sales up.

I agree on the albums but more singles, really? She's already pushed it to the limit by releasing six singles from the album over nearly 18 months. It's definitely time to move on from it, anyone who still hasn't bought it after six singles have been released is not going to go for it whatever she does.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    I agree on the albums but more singles, really? She's already pushed it to the limit by releasing six singles from the album over nearly 18 months. It's definitely time to move on from it, anyone who still hasn't bought it after six singles have been released is not going to go for it whatever she does.

i disagree. while her x factor performance saw the song chart at #22, her album rose 19 places to #8 this week. however, i am in agreement that she should move on to the next album after this single.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »

Your right. The album sales are still below 4 million last i checked. But a re-release could push sales even further.

For example, Good girl gone bad's re-release allowed the album to sell a further 3 million copies.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked Katy Perry - she's not arrogant or up-herself.

she doesn't use her good looks as an excuse to be arrogant.

I remember seeing her being interviewed on Paul O' Grady once, she wasn't rude, never interupted, laughing and joking - absolutley adorable.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I saw her last night at Newcaslte. AMAZING! :D I wasn't sure what to expect because i've been a bit underwhelmed by the voice in the past on TV shows, but she was incredible. Very funny, entertaining and talented.