EE - What exactly has happened to Phil?

Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
Forum Member
✭✭
We saw him return with Peggy and Billy in the live scenes last week, and he even talked to Sharon. But this past week he has disappeared again, and the way Sharon has been talking it's as if he never returned (and never talked to Sharon) last week. I'm confused :confused:

Is this bad continuity or did I miss him saying he was going off somewhere?

Comments

• Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Mcfadden Was off doinh panto So guess that's why he was off screen he came back last week as he must be back filming, buy obviously The stuff filmed before he was still doing Panto.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocking continuity is all I could think.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Shocking continuity is all I could think.

I agree. The continuity is quite bad IMO!
  • andytaylor47andytaylor47 Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that they were keeping the Kathy a reveal a surprise for Live Week, so any mention of Phil being away doing something mysterious wouldn't have been a thought when the episode was originally written.

I think Phil's doing something Kathy related, which then of course covers Steve McFadden's time away for panto.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His absence is surely something related to Kathy. Whether it's in America (might explain why Ben and Lucy were planning to go to Miami) or South Africa.

Peggy and Billy are most likely in on it given their interactions on the Tuesday episode during the live week.

His evasiveness to Sharon all this time is obviously to do with Kathy. Although I can't imagine Sharon and Kathy being on great terms, it's still a bit unfair to keep her in the dark about it. She is now part of the family and Sharongate was nearly 20 years ago. Something like this is a big deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I agree. The continuity is quite bad IMO!

Absolutely terrible. In the EE is losing credibility category. WTF time!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd almost think that Phil & Sharon weren't even together, never mind married.

Husband comes out of prison and disappears.

Reappears fleetingly then disappears again,

Wife left in the dark and doesn't seem that bothered
  • AlfiesmumAlfiesmum Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    We saw him return with Peggy and Billy in the live scenes last week, and he even talked to Sharon. But this past week he has disappeared again, and the way Sharon has been talking it's as if he never returned (and never talked to Sharon) last week. I'm confused :confused:

Is this bad continuity or did I miss him saying he was going off somewhere?

When he was shown during live week - him and Billy were looking for something in the house, this eventually turned out to be a passport. He then went to tell Ian something ( probably Kathy is alive) twice - the last time at the end of the live episode where he was standing outside on the square, looking at Ian and Mick watching the fireworks, he then put the passport in a holdall and walked away. Nothing was said as to where ( i'm thinking Portugal with Peggy and Gwunt)
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Phil should be back in 2 weeks time hopefully. Steve McFadden was away for panto.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Phil should be back in 2 weeks time hopefully. Steve McFadden was away for panto.

It makes no difference what he has been up to. The storylining / script of the show is just appallingly bad. Frankly the worst I have ever known it especially as you are talking about a key character. As I said WTF is going on time. Sharon didn't need to be written how she was last night.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    You'd almost think that Phil & Sharon weren't even together, never mind married.

Husband comes out of prison and disappears.

Reappears fleetingly then disappears again,

Wife left in the dark and doesn't seem that bothered

:D True. Probably deleting all that Top Gear on the digi box.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Phil left the Square again at the end of the live episode - Ian and Mick saw him fleeing with a suitcase/bag.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It makes no difference what he has been up to. The storylining / script of the show is just appallingly bad. Frankly the worst I have ever known it especially as you are talking about a key character. As I said WTF is going on time. Sharon didn't need to be written how she was last night.

I agree. One day she's giving him a roasting, threatening to leave...the bills a piling up, the next she's all smiles and treating everyone to a meal and drinks at the Vic. She's also meant to be keeping an eye on Cindy, and let's not get started on what's happening to her son and the businesses.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Yeah you're right, the continuity is bad but I actually think its a very clever move from the writers. They have used Phil's absence to develop Sharon into the new matriarch of the Mitchells and for me, I was happy with that.

BUT, the line "Phil is away on a job" seems odd. Phil is likely to be helping Kathy. I can't wait for Phil to return for good so the continuity can get back to normal hopefully.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Does nobody not remember seeing Phil with his passport during the live episode? He's probably abroad helping Kathy.
  • Kevin_McGrathKevin_McGrath Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, he's still furious with Sharon for (as he thinks) letting Max get his hands on the Arches. But sorting out that, and sorting out Max is going to have to wait till he's done with whatever underhand and evidently highly profitable business is taking him overseas; which won't be done till he's finished playing a baddy in Jack and the Beanstalk in St Albans.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Two words. PorchyGhoul.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does nobody not remember seeing Phil with his passport during the live episode? He's probably abroad helping Kathy.

But where the hell does Sharon think he is? That's what's confusing me.

There's a couple of options:
    -she knows he's helping Kathy
    -she thinks he's just disappeared again (although it hasn't been referenced so I doubt it)
  • iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    But where the hell does Sharon think he is? That's what's confusing me.

There's a couple of options:
    -she knows he's helping Kathy
    -she thinks he's just disappeared again (although it hasn't been referenced so I doubt it)

She thinks he's doing some dodgy job to get money
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil left the Square again at the end of the live episode - Ian and Mick saw him fleeing with a suitcase/bag.

Ian and Mick were facing the other way watching the fireworks when Phil was in the background looking at Ian and then putting the passport in his holdall and walking off so they never saw him.