the Steve Coogan thread

Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
Forum Member
✭✭
Alan Partridge, Saxondale, e.tc... discuss it here!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    A-Haaaaaaaaa

I hope UKTV G2 repeat their Coogan night again soon, I didn't have chance to see much of it, and the bits I really wanted to see where inbetween the shows !

Still I enjoyed "Bigamy at Christmas" and Tony singing with the very hot Kim Wilde, and Paul Calf's video diary - which I had on old VHS and only watched about 4 weeks ago (first time in ages).

Will we ever see Partridge The Movie - I heard Patrick Marber say Steve has a great plot for it. The world waits !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Coogan :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    i am lovin the partridge, my fave sitcom ever, coogan is an absolute genius the whole cast is amazin. i HOPE this Movie rumour is more than a rumour!!!
  • Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's on Krypton Factor on FTN as "our resident actor and comedian", was doing a Neil Kinnock impression yesterday.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Saxondale, but I prefer Alan Partridge

the episode where he meets that weirdo named Jed, his entire house is covered in Alan posters and photos :D
  • rachierachie Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paper Doll wrote:
    He's on Krypton Factor on FTN as "our resident actor and comedian", was doing a Neil Kinnock impression yesterday.

I saw him on that on Challenge recently!

Saxondale is being reshown on UKTV G2 starting on Wednesday 14th at 9pm :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happened to the Alan Partridge movie? Or were those stories just a load of crap?

He definitely deserves a film, Ali G. got one, Borat had one, Mr. Bean's had two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    He definitely deserves a film, Ali G. got one, Borat had one, Mr. Bean's had two.

and "the parole officer" got one ! :eek: :o
  • CosmicgirlCosmicgirl Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Partridge is my favourite!

Jurrasic park!!!!! :D
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    He needs to get off the, er, chemicals. Did you see the movie 'Alibi'? He didn't seem to know why he was there. A wonderful comic actor, though.
  • vincentvangogovincentvangogo Posts: 1,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once saw him in stand-up probably fifteen years ago doing a character called Duncan Disorderly (later to become Paul Calf) and getting booed for saying 'I'm a feminist, well you've got to be if you want to get a shag.' That was political correctness for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Day Today was Partridge gold.

"How do you ride a horse?"
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer series one of AP where he is in the linton travel tavern - those eps were great

I wasn't overstruck on series two where he's in the caravan with Sonja, there were a few funny scenes - but overall this series was a dud
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This seemed the best thread to bump.

The two Paul Calf specials from the early 90's are airing tomorrow night (Saturday) on Gold as part of their ongoing celebration of the brilliance of Steve Coogan.

'The Paul Calf Video Diary' is on at 11pm, followed at 11.45 by 'Three Fights, Two Weddings & A Funeral'.

The first in particular is fantastic, but both are well worth a watch. Good to see them getting aired again.
  • maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seven and a half years ... is this a record?
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fave. Love him.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happened to the Alan Partridge movie? Or were those stories just a load of crap?

Well he did get it in 2013.

Love the Partridge, "Lynn these are sex people".
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conan `O Brien bigging up Coogan on LBC and GMB this week in advance of Conan`s talk-show airing on TruTV from Monday.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    This seemed the best thread to bump.

The two Paul Calf specials from the early 90's are airing tomorrow night (Saturday) on Gold as part of their ongoing celebration of the brilliance of Steve Coogan.

'The Paul Calf Video Diary' is on at 11pm, followed at 11.45 by 'Three Fights, Two Weddings & A Funeral'.

The first in particular is fantastic, but both are well worth a watch. Good to see them getting aired again.
    Oh yes, I love those. Good to see the lesser-known Coogan stuff, but I do love Partridge. Glad to see Gold paying tribute to someone while they are still alive! Coogan deserves it.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Paul Calf stood the test of time? Discuss!
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Well he did get it in 2013.

Love the Partridge, "Lynn these are sex people".

:D:D:D:D
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seven and a half years ... is this a record?

Nope, we had a 14 year old thread bumped before