Options

The Official Villa supporters thread

Comments

• Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    I hope we appoint a manager soon as in next week. We can't leave it too late. Please be Carlo Ancelotti. :cool:
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love Ancelotti, but I'm not daring to get my hopes up just yet. If we can't get Ancelotti, I want Jol. His record isn't as spectacular, but I've always had a respect for him and think he'd do a great job here.

Failing that, Steve McClaren. Before you all shoot me, I want to hear him give a press conference with a very dodgy Brummie accent. That is the ONLY reason I'd be happy with McClaren as our manager.:D Unless Moyes, Ancelotti, Hughes, Jol and Benitez all turn us down, which I don't think is likely to happen.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    I'd love Ancelotti, but I'm not daring to get my hopes up just yet. If we can't get Ancelotti, I want Jol. His record isn't as spectacular, but I've always had a respect for him and think he'd do a great job here.

Failing that, Steve McClaren. Before you all shoot me, I want to hear him give a press conference with a very dodgy Brummie accent. That is the ONLY reason I'd be happy with McClaren as our manager.:D Unless Moyes, Ancelotti, Hughes, Jol and Benitez all turn us down, which I don't think is likely to happen.

Lol'd :D

I would welcome Carlo Ancelotti, with wide open arms :cool:
  • Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    The bookies reckon it is FSW! :eek:
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bookies reckon it is FSW! :eek:

Bloody Heck :eek:

Hopefully the bookies are wrong.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I can see why you wouldn't want a bloke who has won the Champions League, FA Cup and La Liga twice, as manager of Aston Villa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes I can see why you wouldn't want a bloke who has won the Champions League, FA Cup and La Liga twice, as manager of Aston Villa.

Also a UEFA Cup and I still wouldn't want him.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Also a UEFA Cup and I still wouldn't want him.

Why not out of interest?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    Why not out of interest?

I think he buys too many bad players and is very slow to admit mistakes. I find his brand of football dull.

I not sure he is the type that would work out at Villa.

However if he comes to Villa good luck to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ancelotti to take a year's break from management.

It was always a long shot that he'd be our manager, but I'm absolutely gutted.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve McClaren is the new favourite.

I would seriously be outraged if he became our new manager.

I trust Randy to make a good choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read across various message board and on every poll and every discussion, McClaren is consistently the least popular candidate to be our manager. If Randy appointed him, he'd be given less chance than Houllier ever was, fewer fans will renew season tickets and they'd probably turn on the board.

IF he is appointed, I will give him a chance (as I would with any manager), but I'd hope Randy a) isn't that stupid and b) only appoints him as the ultimate last resort. Given that Jol, Hughes, Benitez are all still available, McClaren should only be seriously considered if those three (and Moyes, but I think he's ruled himself out) say no.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair McClaren gets too much of a bad name after his England spell. He is actually a pretty decent club manager. Boro fell apart after he quit and they are now in the bottom half of the Championship, yet he had them up to 7th.

Would I want him as Villa boss? No. The fans would not accept it, he would not be given time and the season would turn to shit once the fans turn their backs. We would then have players leaving next year because of the low morale. It would be a disaster,

If Lerner does not appoint the right man and next season gets off to a bad start I will not be surprised if the fans turn against him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's also the Dutch accent and broken English.

I don't rate him as a club manager after his recent poor spell at Wolfsburg. There's also the fact he would bring massive negativity around this club seeing as the English media still haven't forgiven him for not qualifying England.

It would be the worst appointment they could make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I will say is do not trust the supposed ITK's. They talk the biggest shite you will read.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @talkSPORTDrive: Here goes. Astonishing if true, but I've just been told "there is a chance" Martin O'Neill could go back to Villa. Ad" WOW

TalkSport king of bullshit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably means a very very very very slim chance. Think we can rule that out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wake me up on Sunday, Yoshi. By then hopefully it is over. Although if it is McClaren kill me there and then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that's Jol out of the picture. He was appointed in less than a week by Fulham. No fuss or nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's getting worse with each day passing.:(
  • Options
    Tortilla ChipsTortilla Chips Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Who is FSW?????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who is FSW?????

Fat Spanish Waiter - Nickname of Rafa
  • Options
    MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Indeed. no pleasing some people. AV not wanting a manager with a CV like his, amazing really.
    Hetal wrote: »
    Fat Spanish Waiter - Nickname of Rafa
    nickname used by morons only.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Rafa is an excellent manager. If he can persuade Pakyo to be his number 2 we would be fantastic. Either him or Ray Wilkins.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hetal wrote: »
    Well that's Jol out of the picture. He was appointed in less than a week by Fulham. No fuss or nothing.

Well thats my chosen manager gone to a lesser club

AV favourite to get Smc who is never going to set Villa on fire