Options

BBC 10pm News - No report on Leveson Debate in Parliament

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
Forum Member
Why the hell not?!

The BBC is the only independent, regulated media organisation. We need them to keep us properly informed about the ongoing Leveson debate because we can't trust any of the other buggers!

God DAMN BeeB, stand up for the licence fee payers, stop running scared of the papers!

GRRRR! :mad:

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why the hell not?!

The BBC is the only independent, regulated media organisation. We need them to keep us properly informed about the ongoing Leveson debate because we can't trust any of the other buggers!

God DAMN BeeB, stand up for the licence fee payers, stop running scared of the papers!

There was live coverage of the debate on BBC Parliament
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    There was live coverage of the debate on BBC Parliament

The debate was most of the days proceedings at the House Of Commons so of course its going to feature on the channel that shows live coverage of the Houses of Parliament everyday.

The argument is why did it not feature on BBC news. Maybe because the debate did not feature the Prime Minister or the debate will not result in any changes to whether or not legislation will be brought in to play. I watched the debate live and to be fair there wasn't really a lot said.

I watch Channel 4 news so I can guarantee any days event of substance will be featured on there.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was probably bumped when they heard about the royal foetus.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did the debate end?
    what came out of it?
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because the royal fluff news today has been very conveniently timed to take the attention away from other bad news. I imagine they'll still be cooing over baldy's embryo on Wednesday, to take the heat off Gideon's budget speech.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell not?!

Did anything useful come out of the debate or was (as I expected) a lot of hot air expelled without achieving much. As far as I can see many million pounds has been spent without achieving very much, even Levenson himself did not bother to stay in the country once it was published as he preferred to go and earn some money in sunnier climes.
  • Options
    AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going anywhere near any news until Wednesday at the earliest. Hopefully by then it will be dominated by the Autumn statement, something that actually affects most ordinary people. Even after that we'll probably hear wall to wall updates about the royal foetus for the next how ever many months.
  • Options
    charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God forbid we actually have something positive on the news.

The Royals and the BBC make a potent mix for some.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote: »
    Because the royal fluff news today has been very conveniently timed to take the attention away from other bad news. I imagine they'll still be cooing over baldy's embryo on Wednesday, to take the heat off Gideon's budget speech.

You've been watching old episodes of Yes Minister, haven't you!

Bernard - 'What about a royal event - a pregnancy!'

Hacker - 'you can arrange that??' :D

And I might point out that the BBC actually seemed quite restrained on the 10 p.m. news last night and went on to the next story quite quickly - so much so that I found myself thinking 'I bet Sky are still milking this for all it's worth' - switched over and indeed the Sky coverage of the royal baby continued for several more minutes. Not susrprising seeing as at one point earlier in the evening they had been speculating on where the conception had taken place!!!
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally couldn't give a damn but the BBC has a duty to carry any important Royal news. Like it or not, the Royal events this year had viewing figures that are the envy of any channel in this day and age.

The public meanwhile became fairly bored by the whole Leveson affair.
  • Options
    Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DragonQ wrote: »
    It was probably bumped when they heard about the royal foetus.
    And their inbred mixture of monarchism and toryism led them to provide cover for the tabloids, in that the royal bastard gives the media an excuse to resume their usual prying into people's medical details on grounds of 'public interest'.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Newsnight on BBC2 covered the Leveson Debate plus there was no mention of the royals on Newsnight last night because Paxman didn't like it :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    God forbid we actually have something positive on the news.

The Royals and the BBC make a potent mix for some.
    Why first on though?
    They came out with phrases similar to "everyone will be happy at this news" and "it's a great occasion for all"

Nope. Some people coulldn't give a shit!