Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Maltesers advert with the friends on Skype..."I'm so jealous" - it's a chocolate bar ffs! Just pop round to your local shop and buy one if you're that desperate for it. Jeez.
  • Options
    Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    ...While Left Twix smothers it in chocolate, Right Twix covers it in chocolate (or is it the other way around??)

The concept of this was mildly amusing at first but I am now very bored with it....
  • Options
    Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    "Mr Muscle - Cheaper than a plumber"....

Well actually no it isn't - because by the time you've poured this gunk down your sink, waited overnight to see if it works, and found it hasn't shifted it at all you end up having to call out the plumber anyway! >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Is that woman an actual "celebrity" or supposed to be pretending to be a "celebrity" :confused: I don't *really* care either way I'm just curious.

Amy Sedaris wrote a book on budget housekeeping, she's like an American Kirsty Allsop who insists if you binraid and go to your local tip you can make a nice mosaic out of crap people throw out. She did some voice over work for Shrek the Third and Puss In Boots.

The Haribo Tangfastics advert is just terrible. I feel bad for the poor girl dating a bloody idiot.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Kenco - taking young people out of gangs and straight into slave labour.
  • Options
    danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That cloying Anchor advert with the right-on, politically-correct family (of course) as they "dilly and dally" to flog butter.
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The car advert where people sing Locked Out Of Heaven badly.
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Heinz Baked Beanz with the retarded, cross-eyed 'little brother'. Where do they find these mongs?
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That cloying Anchor advert with the right-on, politically-correct family (of course) as they "dilly and dally" to flog butter.

If you mean white man with black wife, that reflects my household, so why shouldn't I see what reflects my house hold on TV?
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suuki Swift advert "I put a spell on you" sung in a rasping voice by someone called Screamin Jack Hawkins, apparently this is music from 1956:o Should be dead and buried in a big hole.never to be heard again.>:(
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,855
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    Suuki Swift advert "I put a spell on you" sung in a rasping voice by someone called Screamin Jack Hawkins, apparently this is music from 1956:o Should be dead and buried in a big hole.never to be heard again.>:(

A classic!How DAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE you..:p
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy Sedaris wrote a book on budget housekeeping, she's like an American Kirsty Allsop who insists if you binraid and go to your local tip you can make a nice mosaic out of crap people throw out. She did some voice over work for Shrek the Third and Puss In Boots.

The Haribo Tangfastics advert is just terrible. I feel bad for the poor girl dating a bloody idiot.

So there's a new advert where the man is portrayed as an idiot. Well it has been two days since the last one and i bet the female is a humourless battleaxe as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    Other/better versions are available :)
  • Options
    Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'Victoria Plum' bathroom adverts are so annoying. The bloody song gets on my wick!

oh and the 'Swinton Insurance' shadow advert is irritating. Every channel its on has a different phone number!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    4Dman wrote: »

The Nina Simone version is probably the best, but I like the Screamin' Jay Hawkins one too because its so different and slightly weird sounding, befitting a different kind of "spell".
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    It's shit.

Locked Out of Heaven is a poorer Police rip-off.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still a great song.

anyway anyone seen Vanarama yet? Jees it's bad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again with those kids on the new andrex advert. As annoying as the previous lot.

Also that stupid one with the chihuahua. What the hell is that about?
    best boy wrote: »
    The Heinz Baked Beanz with the retarded, cross-eyed 'little brother'. Where do they find these mongs?

At least the little brother doesn't speak unlike the smart arse big brother.
  • Options
    TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    best boy wrote: »

I'm sure that is another ancient advert being reused about 3 years later.
    If you mean white man with black wife, that reflects my household, so why shouldn't I see what reflects my house hold on TV?

Lots of me, my, and I going on in your post, and that is the problem. Your household doesn't reflect mine, or I assume, the vast majority of people who watch the advert.
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The activia advert for yoghurt or whatever it's flogging with the irritating fashion man.

Do only 'girls' eat yoghurt? Aren't men allowed to buy it?
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4Dman wrote: »

Creedence Clearwater Revival do the best version :)
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid Greek yoghurt adverts making a big deal about fat free and it always has to have some annoying woman! >:(
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Stupid Greek yoghurt adverts making a big deal about fat free and it always has to have some annoying woman! >:(

Yes! My thoughts exactly GCT! :D
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Scs Sofas always annoys me. >:(
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

Can you 'get the arse out' on a kiddies trike though :)
This discussion has been closed.