WWE Network

Comments

• Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they will tone down the Network hype for tonight's Raw?
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Well the show isn't live to the TV audience, so they'll try and edit anything super negative towards the Network.
  • jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Well the show isn't live to the TV audience, so they'll try and edit anything super negative towards the Network.

Booing is easy to edit...nWo era type debris hitting the ring is not as easy to edit!!
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Remember we get the U.s version tonight so who knows
    Forum Member
    jrmich9 wrote: »
    Booing is easy to edit...nWo era type debris hitting the ring is not as easy to edit!!

When was the last time debris was thrown at a WWE ring? Jericho at a house show a few years back is the only one I can think of.

Different audience watches WWE compared with the college fan that was watching during the MNW.
  • jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was the last time debris was thrown at a WWE ring? Jericho at a house show a few years back is the only one I can think of.

Different audience watches WWE compared with the college fan that was watching during the MNW.

My experience of being in 'Raw after Wrestlemania' audiences is that it's the UK brethren who are generating the great atmosphere - and that's them in a GOOD mood.

I guess it depends on how many of that type of crowd are heading to Raw tonight...
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully if they edit chants etc. it'll be so obvious that it's funny. Like the last time where they edited silence over Stephanie promo when it was visibly clear that the crowd was shouting for CM Punk.
    Forum Member
    jrmich9 wrote: »
    My experience of being in 'Raw after Wrestlemania' audiences is that it's the UK brethren who are generating the great atmosphere - and that's them in a GOOD mood.

I guess it depends on how many of that type of crowd are heading to Raw tonight...

WCW actively encouraged it back in the MNW because Bischoff loved the visual.

Nowadays, a modern WWE crowd just don't tend to do it. You'll get booing and chants, but anything WWE dislike, they'll just edit or redo the segment.
  • decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And whilst I doubt anybody doing a promo in the ring will risk mentioning it, there is absolutely no reason the commentators can't make repeated references to the Network.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And whilst I doubt anybody doing a promo in the ring will risk mentioning it, there is absolutely no reason the commentators can't make repeated references to the Network.

Until wwe say something I am not buying anything
    http://www.24wrestling.com/major-update-wwe-network-uk/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes no odds to me now I have the US version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dax 21 wrote: »
    Until wwe say something I am not buying anything
    http://www.24wrestling.com/major-update-wwe-network-uk/

I wonder if it's the deal WWE signed with Fremantle Media which is holding up the launch? They paid a lot of money for the rights to distribute WWE DVD's in the UK and the Network launching could really hurt their business.
  • decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone received this email? I'm with Virgin Media so won't get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes no odds to me now I have the US version.

Don't do anything yet
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just dont understand why Sky are telling lies. A bunch of randoms on the internet have told me its going to be a Sky channel and they should know more then Sky
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's the deal WWE signed with Fremantle Media which is holding up the launch? They paid a lot of money for the rights to distribute WWE DVD's in the UK and the Network launching could really hurt their business.

so back 2 the old question ... Does the online network include the PPVs? LOL! :confused:

(Sky will be airring em according to that article) :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    so back 2 the old question ... Does the online network include the PPVs? LOL! :confused:

(Sky will be airring em according to that article) :confused:

Sky will be "broadcasting" them, Showing something online and "broadcasting" it are very very different.

While its true we will have to wait and see, The two systems are very different and can surive side by side at the moment
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Sky will be "broadcasting" them, Showing something online and "broadcasting" it are very very different.

While its true we will have to wait and see, The two systems are very different and can surive side by side at the moment

Will both services show the PPVs @ the same time? Or will the network be delayed? :blush: ... these stupid articles are a waste of time ... Each one contradicts the previous! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Will both services show the PPVs @ the same time? Or will the network be delayed? :blush: ... these stupid articles are a waste of time ... Each one contradicts the previous! :confused:

Who knows?

I dont see a reason why they cannot be shown at same time.

Some people might not want to trust their enjoyment of a programme to their internet connection, Some people might have slow internet or even a cap.

Some might not want to watch it on a laptop/tablet etc and not have a smart tv or the various gadgets needed to put it on the TV, Somemight not want to leave their children to watch it with access to the internet etc all mannor of reason they would rather watch it as a "normal" tv show then on a over the top service. While I think most if not all tv will be done that way sooner rather then later at this moment their is more then enough space and money around for both
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we say for argument sake that this report is true then Sky saying they have the exclusive rights in the UK and Ireland to broadcast the 12 ppvs sounds like the UK version of the network will not have the ppvs live.Perhaps the ppvs will only be added to the network once you can no longer buy the ppv from Sky.So it might take a week for the ppv to appear on the network.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    Perhaps the ppvs will only be added to the network once you can no longer buy the ppv from Sky.So it might take a week for the ppv to appear on the network.

With the exception of the Rumble and Wrestlemania, I could cope with waiting a week to watch the other PPV's as it would still be a significant saving over the Sky Box Office price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dax 21 wrote: »
    Don't do anything yet

is it even worth switching back if we do get it as over the top.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I think it will launch identical to the US. If you have it then you get PPVs, if not then you need to buy from Sky at full price.
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I made this point earlier in this thread. Fremantle's rights are for home entertainment, including digital distribution, across the whole of the EMEA market (all countries in Europe, Middle East & Asia).

My earlier posts were quite long but a condensed version of it is this - are fremantle involved because:-

1) Digital distribution rights in EMEA. The contract was signed in 2011 and came into effect in Jan 2012. At this time the idea WWE for the WWE Network was to be a linear tv channel offered in the USA (with possible expansion to Canada) so does the digital distribution rights include IPTV (what the wwe refers to as 'over-the-top').

2) If the digital rights exclude IPTV rights then it is still, from a legal standpoint, possible that Fremantle may have requested the abandonment of the Network in the UK. This is based on the fact that under contract law it is possible for a contract to be declared legally unenforcable if one party undertakes an action that impacts financially on the other, be this directly or indirectly. In this case the WWE launching the network in the UK (or any other major market in the EMEA region, such as Germany) could impact on the sales of products sold by Fremantle, therefore Fremantle could launch legal proceding to have the contract declared unenforcable due to loss of sales.

Like I said in my original post this is all speculation. Personally I believe that option 2 is the most like, as option 1 would allow Fremantle to have stopped the launch of the network in any EMEA country. Whereas option 2 would limit Fremantles options to only raising an issue if "significant financial loss" is caused - such as loss of DVD/Blu-Ray & Digital sales in major markets like the UK & Germany (both countries yet to have the WWE Network).
  • stuartmckstuartmck Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Interesting survey posted by WWE on Facebook: http://wwe.me/E3CTI Doesn't mention Sky at all. They seem to be gauging how many UK fans already subscribe - maybe trying to work out the potential uptake.