Fans call for Iceland to sack Peter Andre after his joke about appearing in adverts.

Comments

• mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm always bumping into Peter Andre in Iceland and other budget shops.
    I'll swear it was him in Oxfam the other day and I think I may have just missed him on his weekly laundrette visit. :o
    Seriously it's one thing being the public face of an advertising campaign and it's quite another to pretend that's where you shop. He should be made to eat Iceland foods for a year or be done under Trades Descriptions.. Let's see if he looks so smug after that
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm always bumping into Peter Andre in Iceland and other budget shops.
    I'll swear it was him in Oxfam the other day and I think I may have just missed him on his weekly laundrette visit. :o
    Seriously it's one thing being the public face of an advertising campaign and it's quite another to pretend that's where you shop. He should be made to eat Iceland foods for a year or be done under Trades Descriptions.. Let's see if he looks so smug after that

Chances are he has shopped there - he has young kids after all, he possibly gets free food delivered as part of his contract, just so non Iceland shoppers know - Iceland sell top brands - Kellogg's, Nestle, Birds Eye, Young's, Muller, Cadbury etc as well as 'own-label goods - the very same brands that Waitrose sell.
  • milkybarnickmilkybarnick Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was a big issue then their switchboard would Bejam-med with complaints.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do the odd shop at Iceland and I'm embarrassed by him being on their adverts. I doubt his Ferrari has ever seen one of their car parks.
  • Elle_JamesElle_James Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    I do the odd shop at Iceland and I'm embarrassed by him being on their adverts. I doubt his Ferrari has ever seen one of their car parks.

Or Ant and Dec's Roller at Morrisons. And I doubt Michael Parkinson needs to top up his millions at Sun Life, or that Twiggy or Helen Mirren wear M & S clobber.....Oh, and apparently Mr Andre drives a Lamborghini.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the actual F complained about that? Get a life

I really do seriously worry for this country at times, the people who complain and call for sackings for the slightest thing just make it look like we are all becoming hysterical wimps who must be protected at all times from everything including humour.
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    They're both naff.

I visited my local Iceland today for the first time in 20 years. It's exactly the same as it was 20 years ago, from the rows of old freezers, to the red and orange décor, to the location of stock and old notices on the wall.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was just a joke.
    More publicity for Iceland so the jokes a good un....
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    They're both naff.

I visited my local Iceland today for the first time in 20 years. It's exactly the same as it was 20 years ago, from the rows of old freezers, to the red and orange décor, to the location of stock and old notices on the wall.

I call in on one on a route home to me about once a month.
    I go there as they always have fresh bread and milk which is why I call in, and It is easy to park up there.
    The store I go to has been there about 15 years now.
    It is bright and clean and staffed by a really good bunch of staff, in fact every time I go there I always think how good the staff are.
    I end up spending loads of money on all sorts when all I ever go in for is the essentials on the way home from work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the comments on the Iceland page are hilarious. This is my favourite though.

Hahaha! I wish I had Facebook so I could have a good laugh :)
  • CarrieBradshawCarrieBradshaw Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    If it was a big issue then their switchboard would Bejam-med with complaints.

*chuckle* :)
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not Petter Andre's biggest fan but sacking him for a joke that went the wrong way is going far to far
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Elle_James wrote: »
    Or Ant and Dec's Roller at Morrisons. And I doubt Michael Parkinson needs to top up his millions at Sun Life, or that Twiggy or Helen Mirren wear M & S clobber.....Oh, and apparently Mr Andre drives a Lamborghini.

Or Len Goodman ever goes dancing down the aisles of Farmfoods
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Elle_James wrote: »

The difference being, Morrisons & M&S don't claim the celebrities they use in their adverts actually shop there.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Chances are he has shopped there - he has young kids after all, he possibly gets free food delivered as part of his contract, just so non Iceland shoppers know - Iceland sell top brands - Kellogg's, Nestle, Birds Eye, Young's, Muller, Cadbury etc as well as 'own-label goods - the very same brands that Waitrose sell.
    Poundland sells them too!

Peter Andre is the perfect spokezeleb for Iceland. Cheap, cheese-laiden and greasy.
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious :D
    But in response - Iceland called Andre a 'top bloke'. They wrote: 'He was just joking, it's the nature of the show, he's a top bloke.'

I should think so ;-). They are rubbing their hands in glee in the iceland boardroom at all the extra publicity . Twitpics galore of him waving an iceland banner someone provided at his gigs and now they get a deluge of yet more free publicity AND a thread on ds , no wonder they are more than happy with him . Iceland iceland iceland .
    Job
    done :p .
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone who "complains" about this are morons
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Hilarious :D
    But in response - Iceland called Andre a 'top bloke'. They wrote: 'He was just joking, it's the nature of the show, he's a top bloke.'

I should think so ;-). They are rubbing their hands in glee in the iceland boardroom at all the extra publicity . Twitpics galore of him waving an iceland banner someone provided at his gigs and now they get a deluge of yet more free publicity AND a thread on ds , no wonder they are more than happy with him . Iceland iceland iceland .
    Job
    done :p .

Well done to Iceland for putting an end to the ridiculous notion that Pete should be fired. As you say polli, they'll be rubbing their hands with glee.........more publicity = more sales.+ I'm A Celeb massive exposure. Happy Days!
  • Pixie24Pixie24 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Hahaha! I wish I had Facebook so I could have a good laugh :)

The Morrisons one is good for a laugh - there was someone posting furiously at the weekend because his cherry scone had no cherries in it. I hope he has managed to get over it and move on with his life by now.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Poundland sells them too!

Peter Andre is the perfect spokezeleb for Iceland. Cheap, cheese-laiden and greasy.

Absolutely spot on :D
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie24 wrote: »
    The Morrisons one is good for a laugh - there was someone posting furiously at the weekend because his cherry scone had no cherries in it. I hope he has managed to get over it and move on with his life by now.

Really?? People honestly complain at cheap shops like Iceland and Morrisons??- don't they realise they are getting a bargain! :D
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't have Iceland here....why is it looked down upon? Doesn't it stock the same brands as a Tesco/Sainbury?
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    We don't have Iceland here....why is it looked down upon? Doesn't it stock the same brands as a Tesco/Sainbury?

Yes it does!. It sells mainly frozen food tho' and doesn't sell fresh meat or fish, although it sells fresh fruit and veg. I personally think it's just snobbery.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Yes it does!. It sells mainly frozen food tho' and doesn't sell fresh meat or fish, although it sells fresh fruit and veg. I personally think it's just snobbery.

Do you think so sidsgirl?
    I don't mind a few bits from Iceland like bread,milk,orange juice and they have nice big bags of apples but the frozen meals are all processed food and can't be as good for you as fresh food from scratch -that's me not being snobby as I buy bits from Iceland but I just cannot eat the ready made food it makes me feel bloated and Ill,

But it definitely is great for people on a real budget who can only spend maybe £35 a week on food they would get quite a lot for that,I just wouldn't feed my family on the meals that's all -I think it's just a preference not snobbery :)

Ps my Iceland sells fresh meat and poultry from there and I will buy certain bits of those too it's just the processed food I don't like!
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Isn't his entire career and life based on him being a major embarrassment?

Like Mysterious Girl was a stunning piece of sophisticated culture.
This discussion has been closed.