Options

The Table's Turned - Liarla One-Shot

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
Forum Member
✭✭
This is set a few months down the line. Maria has given birth to a little boy and Carla has accepted a proposal from Tony.

Michelle smiled at Carla as Carla stood examining herself. "Do you think I look okay?"
"Car, Tony'll love it. You look gorgeous." Michelle said as Carla straightened the veil. "Amy doesn't Carla look pretty." Michelle said to the little girl who nodded.
"Thanks sweetheart. You look like a princess." Carla smiled at the dress Amy was wearing. Amy giggled as Michelle straightened her own dress. "You ready?" Michelle asked as Carla's eyes fixed on a photo of her and Paul. "You know ju....just 'cause I won't be a Connor anymore it doesn't mean you can stop been a mate." Carla said warningly. Michelle nodded. "Please....as mad as it sounds having you or Maria as a sister-in-law you win everytime. If I have to listen to Maria go on about getting her figure back one more time I swear..." Carla shook her head.
"Don't let Liam hear you berating his precious Maria." She said warningly. "Carla! Anyway where is he? He does remember agreeing to give you away. Must say I was pretty surprised at that choice." Michelle said as she recalled the night at the Rover's Carla had asked Liam. Liam's face had fallen momentarily for some reason she wasn't quite sure of. "I think he probably paid Tony to take me." Carla said as she inserted a pair of tiny diamond studs into her ears. "Oh shut up. Actually I'm pretty sure my lovely elder brother had the 'Don't hurt her or you'll have me to answer to' chat with him before the stag night." Carla groaned. "Oh that brother of yours does me flaming head in. I'm 33 for crying out loud." Carla said. Michelle looked at her former sister-in-law thoughtfully. "You...you know wh...when he called out for you. Had you two eve...." Michelle smiled softly at Amy. "Amy sweetie would you go and get my lip gloss from my bag?" Amy nodded and headed out of the room.

"Okay now Amy's gone did you and that brother of mine ever sleep together?" Michelle said looking at Carla.
"Well we were married for nearly nine years so yeah." Carla said. "Not that one. Carla don't avoid the subject. You and Liam."
"Come off it. Hell we'd be more likely to kill one another." Carla said. "Really! I've seen the pair of you. Your glances at one another." Michelle said as Carla let out a sigh.
"Will you just leave it!" Carla snapped and Michelle looked a little taken aback. "Fine I was only asking." She said as Amy returned lip gloss triumphantly held in her hand. "Thank you sweetheart. Oh Car I think the cars are here." Michelle said as she spotted the two Mercedes parked outside. "Right, god I'm gonna kill Liam. You and Amy best get off." Carla said as she smiled at the little girl. Michelle took Amy's hand. "We'll see you at the church then." Carla said as Amy smiled up at her. "Why we going without Carla?" She asked tugging slightly on Michelle's hand. "Oh we have to check everything's right at the church Amy." Michelle said as she opened the door and headed downstairs to the cars.

Carla paced worriedly up and down the floor as the clock ticked away. "Liam where the hell are you?" Carla wandered aloud starting to get worried that he had either gotten into an accident or was having a strop. She grabbed her mobile and sent him a quite angry text telling him in no uncertain terms that if he didn't show up soon then he best be happy with just the one child because once she'd finished with him he wouldn't be fathering any more kids.

She frowned slightly as she looked at the time. He was probably doing it on purpose. Finally she heard another car pull up on the private car park of the apartment complex and she peered out of the window and saw it was his car. She grabbed her bouquet of scarlet roses and checked her hair for a final time ready to go to the church when she opened the door and was met by the sight of her brother-in-law who looked less than happy in his suit. "Liam, where the hell have you been? God you were cutting it fine." Carla said as she made to make her way past him but he stood preventing her passing. "Liam, will you quit it. I'm already going to be late thanks to you." Carla said but Liam didn't move. "Oh please it's hardly like I'm cheating on Paul is it. He died nearly 18 months ago I think I'm allowed to move on." Carla said as Liam gazed at her through glassy eyes. "Save the tears for the service if you want but can we move it." Carla said as she slipped past him and made to lock up when she felt Liam's hand clasp her wrist. "Carla, you can't do this." He said eventually as she glanced up at him.

"What the hell are you on about now?" She asked shaking her head slightly as Liam tugged her back into the apartment. "Liam I realise whatever you have to say must be highly important but can we save it until the reception?" Carla asked as Liam sighed. "Was I as annoyingly ignorant as you're been now?" He asked as Carla looked at him oddly. "Ignorant of what?" Carla asked frustratedly glancing at the clock and thinking how she should be on the way to the church by now. Liam raked a hand through his hair and sighed. "This, this heat between us. Right now all I can think when I look at you is that I want to get you in the bedroom and rip that dress off you and take you."
"Liam are you joking me. You choose to do this now? The morning of my wedding."
"Oh because the night before so much better to make a declaration of love."
"Love! That's what this is meant to be. Christ Liam you've got a son, a wife and I'm about to be married. That sounded to me as though you just wanted to have a quick fumble. No Liam, I did it before tried to tell you how I felt but you wouldn't listen. I loved you back then but Tony's a good guy, he makes me happy." Carla said softly as Liam ran a hand through her ebony loose waves of hair. "Why should I hurt him. Why can't I be happy?"
"With him, you're kidding yourself Car. You're not happy with him. You just put on a little smile pretending that it's all okay when it's not." Liam said as he peered into her tearful eyes.

She glared at him. "I want to go to the church Liam."
"Keep telling yourself that hey. I know you Carla. You're not happy." Liam said having noticed how quiet she'd gotten as the wedding day drew nearer. "Oh and you're oh so blissfully happy with Hairdresser Barbie and sprog. I suggest you leave the wedding day counseling to someone who didn't get married after all of five minutes." Carla said as Liam pushed her against the wall, his forehead resting against hers as his lips connected with hers. His tongue fought past her lips and he felt her attempt to push him back for a moment before he realised with some joy that she was kissing him back. After a minute or so she shoved him off and he realised with a pang that she was crying.

"Ho...how co...could you Liam. I...I've bee....been tr....trying to get over my....my feelings for yo....you. Wh...what gives you the ri....right to ram your ton...tongue down my thr...throat?" She said as her lip trembled as she brought a finger up to trace her lips which moments earlier Liam had been kissing. "Oh because what I just did is so much worse than stealing your keys and entering your flat without permission." Carla raised an eyebrow. "He's obsessed with you Carla. He'll end up breaking you."
"Oh like you're any better Liam. You broke my heart back when you vowed to love her." Carla said softly. Liam looked down guiltily and tried to take her hand but she refused. "You think you can waltz in here an...and click your fingers well you're wrong. You made your choice and if you're having regrets now then I'm sorry but I'm not your get out clause. I refuse to be second best."
"God Carla don't you realise that you've never been second choice. I was doing what I thought was best." Liam argued banging his fist against the wall in his frustrated temper.

She jumped a little as the sound echoed slightly. "Yes Liam taking out your anger on the wall is such a great idea." She rolled her eyes at him shaking her head. "Look can we go now. I have a fiance waiting for me to show up." Carla said softly as she glanced at her Gucci watch, a birthday present from Tony. "You won't be happy." Liam said warningly, knowing from his own mistakes. "Maybe I will be. Is that what scares you? That you chose Maria and that now it's not working out that I might not be there waiting by the sideline. Life's too short Liam. Surely Dean and Paul's deaths told you that. I refuse to be a modern-day Miss Havisham looking back and wandering what could have been." Carla said as she looked at the mirror on the wall and rearranged her headpiece and veil that had been knocked slightly as Liam's lips had bruised hers. "So you're going through with this then?"
"Yes as soon as you let me past the door." Carla snapped. Liam scowled a she breezed past him, looking every inch the beautiful bride to be. He closed his eyes sadly as he thought of how that gorgeous, outspoken, witty woman had put her heart on the line for him earlier that year and he'd merely stepped all over it denying himself the possible happiness of waking up besides her each morning. Been the one she kissed last thing at night and first in the morning. True he adored his son but Maria was slowly turning into some Stepford Wife and the life of domestic bliss wasn't as blissful as he thought it might have been.

Carla held up her skirt so the hem didn't get stained as the chauffer opened the door of the Merc for her. Liam got in besides her and his eyes flickered slightly as he took in the pretty Grecian style wedding dress and the wistful smile on her face. Who was he to tell her that she'd be unhappy, sure he still had his doubts regarding Tony but so far apart from the rather worrying aspect of breaking into Carla's flat after the temporary split he hadn't hurt her. The car pulled up besides the church and Liam looked at Carla. "You don't have to do this you know. If this is all about revenge then don't. Don't use Tony like I used Maria." Liam urged. Carla sighed.

"I think Maria used you just as much as you used her. Tony may be many things but he's nowhere near as manipulative as your delightful wife is. He hasn't done anything wrong here apart from maybe love me more than I deserve." She said as she stared out of the car's windows glancing down at the sparkling Tiffany ring that Tony had proposed with. "If he loves you Carla, he won't want you to do something your hearts not totally convinced it wants." Liam said gently as the driver got out to open the door for Carla. She stared at Liam wordlessly for a moment, her eyes glistening with tears. "Liam if you love me like you seem to think you do th...then you'll let me go." She said as she leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG you leave it on a cliffhanger! cant wait to read more you're a really good writer:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria i hope you are planning on writing another part for this otherwise i will not be a happy bunny, i love long scripts you can get into them better
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again another great script, you sure do have a talent for writing.
  • Options
    Maidenfan666Maidenfan666 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Dont usually like these fan fic things, usually shit, but this was a real pleasant surprise! really well written and interesting! hope u put up more of em :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    awwww it's sooo good!!! can't wait to read the next bit :D:D x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    OMG! ITS FAB!!!! :eek:

soo...when are ye replying next?!?!? :p

i luv good lairla cliff-hangers me! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could give the Corrie script writers a run for their money :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the next part. I was only going to make it a one-shot but I kind of wanted to add another part. And since I decided to overturn my car on Friday I had some spare time to write some more. Hope you enjoy.

Liam stopped her as they headed towards the church building, holding her lower right arm so she had to turn to face him. "Liam stop it. You've said everything you needed to before." Carla said as she stepped back from his hand which had risen to cup her chin. "Why are you so stubborn Carla? Don't you see that Tony's going to strangle the spirit I love so much."
    "Well no offense Liam but you didn't love my spirit enough when I confessed how I felt for you did you!" Carla spat angrily at how unfair he was been. Liam rubbed the back of his neck as she stared angrily at him, wincing as she pricked a finger against one of the rose thorns in her bouquet. "Oww shit." She swore as she placed the offending finger in her mouth. Liam smirked.
    "That's hardly a good omen is it." He said as Carla glared at him. She moved her hand from her mouth and kept it well away from her dress should any scarlet drops of blood stain the ivory dress. "Oh and your bride-to-be having cold feet right before the ceremony is a good omen is it?" Carla remarked as she brushed away a ebony wave that had blown in front of her eyes in the soft breeze. "Low blow Carla." Liam said though thinking that perhaps he should have taken the chance and scarpered when Maria had her doubts. "Look no offense Liam and I do appreciate your concern for my spirit but there's a guy in there who actually wants me as his wife and not some business partner and mistress combo." Liam winced at how little she thought of herself, no doubt partly due to his complicated feelings for his wayward sister-in-law. "Carla please that's not what I see you as and you know it." He protested determined to let her know he thought so much more of her than that. Carla scratched her nose as she held beck her tears. "Do...don't lie. All you and Paul ever tho...thought was that I....I was ju...just some daft little tart. Well I'm not. I love an...and hurt an....and all I ever wanted was someone to love me. I just wish I could love Tony li....like he loves me." She said regretful that in her mind she knew that her feelings for Liam would never truly leave her.

Liam tugged her gently from the stone path leading up to the church and into a small secluded area hidden from view by a large ornate rosebush. "So let me get this straight Carla, you....you know that your heart isn't completely in that relationship." Liam said as he watched her glance away from him towards the imposing church where she knew Tony would be glancing at his watch wondering if the car had got caught in traffic, where Ryan would be busy trying to chat up Rosie Webster and where Maria would be bouncing baby Daniel on her knee. "Even if it isn't Liam what.....what are you going to do? Leave your wife, your son for me?" She said pursing her lips together as her eyes captured his. "Maybe yeah. Maybe I would." Liam said. Carla laughed as she felt his hand move to her cheek. "Liam don't be stupid. Maria perhaps, who knows I mean you're hardly the Brad and Angelina of the street now are you. Honestly there's more chemistry watching Ken and Deirdre. But I know you Liam. You're a good person. You'd never abandon your baby, your son." Carla said a hint of sadness yet acceptance in her voice as though she had come to terms with the fact he could never love her months ago. "Liam wh....when I saw you with Daniel. Yo....you looked so proud, so in awe of him an....and I realised I can never compete with that bond. Nor....nor do I want to. As much as I dislike Maria, and believe me that's a fair bit, I don't dislike that little boy. He's your son an...and how could I do anything but want whats best for him." Carla said tears brimming now as she thought back to the first time she'd seen Liam with his son. "I want all that....I want a happy marriage, god knows children even one day bu....but I had to accept it'll never be with you. I accepted it an....and now you....you're making this so hard for me. Don't do this." She said softly, her voice almost a bare whisper as the trees rustled in the light autumn breeze.

"What the hell is going on?" Janice said as she scrunched up her nose somewhat at the music selection. "What's up Janice do you not like classical music?" Wiki asked as a violinist accompanied the pianist in a version of Greensleeves. "Not unless it's advertising something so it only lasts a minute at most. What the hell is this?" Janice said. "Greensleeves Janice. Did you know that it's rumored that Henry the Eight composed this for Anne Boleyn whilst they were courting." Sally said as Kelly rolled her eyes. "Did you know that I couldn't care less. What the hell is Cruella doing she should be here by now." Janice said as she looked at Tony who was frantically glancing at his expensive watch as Liz sent Ryan to speak to Michelle and see if they could find out more. "Mum any word? Tony's going frantic down there at front. I tried texting Uncle Liam but there's nothing." Ryan said as Amy tugged his arm.
    "Ryan look pretty dress." She said spinning around on the spot.
    "Very pretty Amy. Do you think they're okay?" Ryan asked worriedly. Michelle nodded as she bent down to adjust Amy's tiara. "Sweetheart stay still so when Carla comes you're ready to hold the train." She said as Amy nodded and then did as told standing as still as a statue. "Ryan I have no idea. Carla won't have her phone on her anyway. The cars were both there though when we left. Maybe it's just traffic or something." Michelle said though starting to doubt that traffic was the reason that her brother and sister-in-law were not yet present. "Just go sit back down Ryan. They'll be here." Michelle said as she bit her lip slightly.

"Please Liam can...can we go now. Everyone will be wandering where I am." Carla said softly as Liam chewed his nail gazing at how beautiful she looked in the autumn sunshine, the tiny crystals capturing the light in her gossamer veil perched on her dark hair. "But this....this isn't what you want Carla." Liam attempted to reason with her, maybe he was been selfish in a way wanting her to stay alone merely so that he wouldn't get that jealous look in his eye that had seemed to emerge everytime he saw her with Tony, particularly more so once the pair had gotten engaged. "No Liam what I want is Paul back, if he were alive you and I would never have argued about Tony and I and yo...you wouldn't have kissed me to start with. The...then I wouldn't have realised how much I bloody love you." Carla snapped, though Liam could detect her resolve breaking slightly and he raised a finger to wipe away her falling tear. Carla shook her head. "I swore I wouldn't cry, I've cried quite enough over you Liam."
    "I never meant to hurt you Carla." Liam said guiltily knowing that Carla wasn't usually one to cry over things. "Oh well that's okay then!" She said sarcasm dripping in her tone. "Look Liam you made your choice an...and I'm sorry if it isn't working out the way you planned bu....but you can't expect me to wait until you make some decision over where your heart lies." Carla said as she bowed her head and headed towards the church doors. "Liam if....if you don't want to give me away I.....I understand bu.....but I'd really like it to be you who does." She said as she glanced back at Liam who was stood watching her depart. He glanced downwards his gaze catching his wedding ring sparkle in the light and let out a heavy sigh as he slowly followed behind his wild sister-in-law. "Carla, I....I'm sorry. I'll give you away an....and Tony best love you like you deserve." He said as Carla smiled softly at him as Michelle beamed at the two of them as they stepped into the small lobby of the church.

"Where the hell have you been?" She asked as she smoothed out Carla's long, full skirt.
    "I....I was just thinking abou....about Paul." Carla said softly as she shared a look with Liam which went unnoticed by Michelle. "Tony's been practically turning to jelly waiting you know." Michelle continued as Amy smiled up at her sort of Aunt who was blinking back tears. "Carla sad?" She asked as Carla smiled slightly at her.
    "No Amy, I'm happy."
    "Then why you crying?" Amy asked. Carla smiled at the little girl as she stroked Amy's dark hair. "I just got emotional that's all. Are you going to help Michelle hold my train?" Amy nodded as Michelle poked her head through the door of the church to indicate that Carla was ready. She giggled slightly as the best man leaned over to Tony and said his bride was here, Tony looked somewhat relieved at the front. "About time!" Blanche said, who'd attended only because there was a chance as ever that something might go wrong. "Blanche, just because you had on a 10/1 bet that she wouldn't show." Dan said leaning across the pew as Blanche scowled slightly. The guests stood up as the strains of Pachabel's Canon struck up. Liam turned to Carla. "You ready?" He asked as he held her arm in the crook of his. She nodded gently. "As I'll ever be." She uttered as they shared a look that spoke of so many things. Of regret, hope, hurt and love. With that they slowly stepped forward as the heads turned to glance at the bride. "Bitch I like the dress!" Kelly said as Fiz looked at her oddly. "What? She's marrying a rich guy, who adores the ground she walks on and she looks perfect it's so unfair." Kelly moaned though her gaze caught Dan's slightly. Tony gazed at his bride-to-be as she made her way daintily down the aisle to the music. They came to a stop by the altar and with a gentle kiss on her cheek Liam passed Carla's hand to Tony.

"...and so with the power invested in me I pronounce you husband and wife. If you would care to exchange the rings..." the vicar said, handing the ring to Tony who slipped it onto the dark haired beauty's slender finger. He didn't even notice the small tear trickling down his new wife's pale cheek as she looked back to Liam for the last time, remembering how much she loved him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG OMG OMG nooooo they cant get married :eek:
    well done victoria, its amazing you actually made me cry :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AWWW SO SAD!!!! Great post tho Victoria ;) x

are you goin to reply again? Haha would be funny if she just looked at the ring she had to put on tony's hand and threw it before running out the church and dragging Liam with her :p lol x

hope you do reply again :D:D x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or norris could turn up! :p sooo obsessed with norris!

how about if you do it so that they have a affair, cause I dont want it to be the end of our liarla :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haha you should get posters of him and stick them on your bedroom walls :D:D lol x

and woop, make Maria and Noris have an affair :D:D:D:D now THAT would make good T.V!! :p lol x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope THAT would make my tea come up! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA would probably hurl if I saw them 'canoodling' lol :p x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would make my lunch and tea come up. Anyway I don't dislike Norris that much to pair him with Maria.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haha true :D

Noris is THEEE legend!! lol x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done Vic, so sweet. xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    THEY GOT MARRIED?! :eek:

WHA..?! WHY?! :eek:

aww i cant belive that! :cry:

victoria reassure me hope is coming...! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gossipbag wrote: »
    THEY GOT MARRIED?! :eek:

WHA..?! WHY?! :eek:

aww i cant belive that! :cry:

victoria reassure me hope is coming...! :(

They got married because I am a utter bitch and because I can only write angsty stuff. Hell it's a little improvement from making Carla commit suicide like my last one-shot.

I think I might write some more as I really love writing these and I'm glad you enjoy reading.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hehe and we really love reading them:p:D x

can't wait to read your next bit, and hopefully you can make them have an affair (hint hint..) :p lol x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria glared over at the dance floor enviously as she watched Fiz and a gaggle of the other factory girls dance along to the disco which was now in full swing. As much as she adored her husband and infant son she couldn't help but wish at times she was free to do as she pleased. "Aww look at him can I have a hold?" Michelle asked as she set down her wine glass. Maia nodded and handed the little boy to his aunt's waiting arms. "Aww look at you, you're getting big aren't you." Michelle gushed as Steve rolled his eyes. "What the hell are the newly weds doing? They haven't done the first dance yet." He mumbled as Amy tugged at him to come and dance. "Please daddy." She said and Michelle looked at him.
    "Well you moaned perhaps seeing you busting some moves might encourage them to take to the dance floor." Michelle giggled as she bounced Daniel lightly on her knee. Steve frowned but stood up and let Amy lead him to the dance floor as the sounds of Take That's 'Shine' echoed around the lavish Manor house where Tony had opted for the reception.

"Come on darling we've got to have our dance yet." Tony said as Carla stared out of the Honeymoon suite at the solitary figure stood outside on the paved courtyard staring out to the lavish grounds. He turned and for a moment their eyes met but Carla turned away as Tony took her hand. "They'll be whispers as to what we've been up to." He grinned as he kissed his bride. "I guess so. Come on then lets go make pleasant conversation with people we hate and aren't quite sure why we invited, or in some cases if we invited at all." Carla said recalling that she was certain that she had invited only her former in-laws and the factory staff. "Come on then beautiful, my mum is bound to start quizzing you on when the first child's to be conceived." Tony said as he laughed at Carla's expression. "Oh come on sweetheart, you seem a bit quiet still."
    "Mmm."
    "You thinking about your first wedding?" Tony said assuming that Carla's mind was focused on her wedding to Paul. "No....well a bit." Carla said thinking that at least if Tony was going to see she was a little off sorts that he was putting it down to her thinking of Paul and not her uncertainty of whether she had done the right thing. "Liam said some really lovely things about you in his toast, if he weren't married I'd think he had the hots for you." Tony said as he kissed Carla gently. "Oh don't be daft you've seen us at the factory practically ready to kill one another." Carla said as she held her dress up slightly so she didn't fall whilst heading down the stairs.

"Oh look there they are, I say that headpiece has been hurriedly put back on." Janice said as she sampled some more alcohol from the free bar. "I must say I hate the woman but she sure knows how to get us on side." Kelly said as she sipped her Vodka and Coke.
    "Mmm then again knowing Mrs Connor she'll have imposed a drink limit n us so we don't get sloppy seams tomorrow." Sally said forgetting that Carla was no longer a Connor.
    "Hey it's Mrs Gordon now Sal." Fiz said as she swayed to the sound of a Scissor Sisters song.
    "Oh yeah, gosh it'll take me ages to get used to that." Sally said as looked over at the DJ who was calling for their attention. "Okay everyone if you'd turn your attention to the dancefloor where the happy couple are going to take their first dance." The DJ said.
    "Obviously doesn't know Carla too well if he uses the word 'happy' to describe her." Janice said as Wiki shook her head. "Janice."

"Where's our Liam?" Michelle asked as her eye glassed over slightly as she watched Tony gently twirl Carla in his arms as the sound of 'Your Song' echoed over the dance floor. "I don't know he's been in a right mood. I could do without it an all." Maria said as Daniel fussed on Michelle's lap. "Ah there he is." Michelle said as she saw Liam stood watching the newly married couple dance slowly to the song. "It's a bit rich ain't it having a song saying he don't have much money when he's loaded." Kelly said as Sally shook her head.
    "Kelly that's hardly the point of the song." She said shaking her head as their female boss nuzzled into Tony's shoulder. Carla had caught Liam's glazed eyes and sorrowful expression as he stood with his pint held in his hand watching as his gorgeous former sister-in-law danced in her new husbands tender embrace. God he was such a fool, it could have been him whose arms she rested in had he not been such a coward. Turning his head slightly he sighed as he spotted Maria looking bored as Michelle gently rubbed Daniel's back. He'd made his choice but now, well he wasn't sure that he'd made the right one. The song came to an end and Tony cupped Carla's chin catching her lips with his. She felt her stomach flutter hating that she didn't love Tony the way she did Liam. Carla felt someone touch her shoulder as a Girl's Aloud song had taken over. "Hiya Carla, sorry to interrupt but Amy wanted to know if she could dance with you." Steve said as Tony grinned at his new wife taking the little girl's hand. His mother waved her over and he gently kissed Carla's temple as he headed across to his parents table.

"She's amazing isn't she!" Tony said proudly as he glanced over at his new wife who was smiling gently at Amy. "Aye a bonnie lass." His father James said as he drank his Gin and Tonic. "And look at her with that wee girl, she'll be a fabulous mother and you'll have some gorgeous bairns on your hands." Kathleen said as she glanced at her new daughter-in-law. Tony smiled across at his bride and nodded. "Well let use enjoy a bit of time together first mind." Tony said as he caught Carla's eyes dazzling as she danced with Amy. "Anyway I'm going to get back to my gorgeous wife." Tony said heading back to the dance floor. He tapped her shoulder slightly as he waded through the gaggle of factory girls and a number of people he hardly knew. "Hey sweetheart can I get you back after this dance?" He asked as Carla let Amy twirl under her arm. "Actually I'm kinda in dire need of the loo. So would you keep an eye on this little one." Carla said as Amy smiled up at Tony. "You going to look after my husband for me Amy?" Carla said bending to the little girls level.
    "Aha." Amy said as she took Tony's hand in her small one. Carla smiled and headed off, not to the toilets but instead to find Liam who had looked almost ashen as she and Tony had danced.

Liam slumped against the wall of a small ante-room where the music was fainter and he was away from watching her dance. It was like each time she smiled at Tony another knife stabbed his heart reminding him that she was no longer available. God if this was how she'd felt when he went ahead with his wedding then he was surprised she even talked to him half the time. He looked up as the door creaked open and he sighed as he saw who had entered the room. "I saw you leave before." Carla said as she closed the door behind her lest anyone else should see them for no doubt the likes of the factory girls would make it into a game of Chinese whispers as to what they were up to. "Mmm I needed to get some air." Liam said as Carla touched his hand gently. "I know that feeling." She admitted with a sad smile recalling her waltzing out half-way through Liam's toast to Maria back in February. "I.......I want you to be happy I.......I do. God knows after what my brother put you through yo....you deserve every bit you can get but I ju....just wish you could be happy with me." Liam admitted as Carla looked down at the carpet. "I know, but we can't. Maybe if we hadn't been stubborn back in October the....then maybe but there's too much at stake now, too many people who'll be hurt." Carla said gently as she gazed up at Liam. "Do you forgive me? For been such an idiot back when you told me how you felt. God I acted so horribly to you." Liam said as he felt Carla squeeze his hand slightly. "I forgave you, you did what you thought was right." She said honestly. Liam rubbed the bottom of his neck slightly as he heard the soft notes of Shania Twain's 'From This Moment On' from the ballroom. "Look I was going to ask you for a dance in there but it'd only end up with Maria whining in my ear so would you dance with me?" He asked as Carla nodded letting him hold her waist as he kissed her forehead gently as the lyrics softly echoed in the room.

(I do swear that I'll always be there.
    I'd give anything and everything and I will always care.
    Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow,
    for better for worse, I will love you with
    every beat of my heart.)
    From this moment life has begun
    From this moment you are the one
    Right beside you is where I belong
    From this moment on

From this moment I have been blessed
    I live only for your happiness
    And for your love I'd give my last breath
    From this moment on

I give my hand to you with all my heart
    Can't wait to live my life with you, can't wait to start
    You and I will never be apart
    My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
    I will love you, I promise you this
    There is nothing I wouldn't give
    From this moment on

You're the reason I believe in love
    And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
    All we need is just the two of us
    My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
    I will love you, I promise you this
    There is nothing I wouldn't give
    From this moment
    I will love you as long as I live
    From this moment on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awwww that is sooooooooooo cute! :D love it, your an amazing writer!
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    You should seriously consider writing for Mills and Boon (do they still exist?) or the like. Probably even better than script writing, as prose writing allows you to go into greater depth about the characters' inner thoughts and feelings, like you do here.

I really enjoyed reading all three scripts. Couldn't help noticing, though, that Amy seems to have learned to walk, twirl, dance and talk in the intervening months!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww soooo cute!! :D:D x

I can just imagine that happening! You have a real talent ;):) x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your an amazing writer, I loved it