All the fuss over what Cheryl said...

CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
Forum Member
✭✭
And yet Simon was the one who hurt wagner.

All Cheryl did was, as I suspect was intended, galvanised the 'protest vote'.

What Simon did was ask him if he was serious.

He laid it bare for everyone.

if you are laughing at Wagners performances, you are laughing at him, not with him, Simon was telling you this man isnt jedward who knew they were rubbish but having fun, hes a man who thinks he can sing.

That will do damage longer term to wagner, because it make speople feel guilty about laughing at him, Cheryl just gave people reason to vote for him.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont agree - Wagner is too old to not know the limitations of his own ability and setbacks along the way. He's just having a laugh and enjoying his time in "showbusiness". Your post is taking it all too seriously paradoxically.

Whatever happens now we will hear about Wagner for some time to come...he'll be a guaranteed placement in the jungle next year for a start...and the man himself will love it. He's not fussed about a singing career, just wants to be in showbusiness and he said as much last night live on air.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lydian wrote: »
    Dont agree - Wagner is too old to not know the limitations of his own ability and setbacks along the way. He's just having a laugh and enjoying his time in "showbusiness". Your post is taking it all too seriously paradoxically.

Whatever happens now we will hear about Wagner for some time to come...he'll be a guaranteed placement in the jungle next year for a start...and the man himself will love it. He's not fussed about a singing career, just wants to be in showbusiness and he said as much last night live on air.

Did you actually watch the show at all?

I only ask because you are contradicting Wagners own answer to Simons question.

he said, quite clearly, it isnt a joke, and hes serious about what he does.

Thats why I say that is far, far more damaging to wagner than anything Cheryl, or indeed danni's valid criticism would be.

And yet no one picked it up.

It was a loaded question from simon , one hes never ,ever asked anyone before.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,253
    Forum Member
    Cheryl had every right to question what Wagner said, I would too. I think the press twisted his words though, to make it sound much worse.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he said, quite clearly, it isnt a joke, and hes serious about what he does.

Do you really think that Wagner would come out and say "No Simon, I'm not taking it seriously, I'm just taking the **** every week and loving every minute"?

Course he wouldn't. He probably said it to be professional. I fail to see how anyone who does She Bangs/Love Shack complete with bongos believes they're in it because they're talented.

Wagner knows exactly what he's there for.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    I actually think Simon got it wrong (again) last night. Wagner isn't daft, of course Wagner is taking it seriously. Maybe, he's not performing the type of music he wants but, this is a fantastic opportunity to make himself a household name. Simon is always telling contestants to use the X-Factor to open doors and this is what I think Wagner is doing. We've yet to hear him sing properly, so I fully expect him to sing opera in a SO and that will be him showing everyone what sings in his "day job".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Wagner is (quite rightly) manipulating the show just as much as Cowell does - good on him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Charlotte he would say that wouldnt he - he's not likely to say he's a joke act on stage is he now?

But he also said he just wants to have a career in showbusiness - not singing - showbusiness. He wants the glamour, fame, etc and just sees his singing/act as a means of getting there. You can tell by the way he talks he's not taking his singing itself (cant pronounce words, etc, and acknoweldges that) too seriously. He knows the other singers in the comp are better than him and has said so regularly. So yes he's serious about getting into showbusiness but not serious about his singing ability.

Is he a very proud man? Yes. But dont think he's not aware of his own limitations.
  • LordmilkymilkyLordmilkymilky Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Cheryl had every right to question what Wagner said, I would too. I think the press twisted his words though, to make it sound much worse.

NOT on live television though. check the facts first...find out the truth first...just as cole tells everyone else to do. It was a cheap shot that has galvanised sympathy for wagner who will possibly go through...stupid thing to do in a singing contest...
  • willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She should of done it back stage, besides why didt she also question louis who also said stuff about her in the mags? Perhaps she thought Wagner was an easier target to bully!:mad:
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

If I ever see Cheryl Cole I will question the sexuality of her ex husband and ask her if she really was just a beard.

Since we are meant to believe everything said in the press now, I'm sure she'll be alright with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lydian wrote: »
    Yes Charlotte he would say that wouldnt he - he's not likely to say he's a joke act on stage is he now?

Which is the point of my post.

It was a loaded question he couldnt answer without harming his prospects.

If he says its all a joke , hes in trouble.

If he says hes serious, then the joke of laughing at his performance doesnt seem as funny.

It was intended to hurt him, it was a no win reply whatever he said, and yet all the focus is on Cheryl's comments (which is why she was scripted them I suspect) when Simon was far crueler to the man.
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    She's been a poor judge and mentor this series. She showed poor judgment bringing up the issue on the live show when she's let many, many things about herself and her acts pass by without comment.

Why the multiple threads all saying the same thing, OP? The fuss is not about what she said but about where and when she said it and that she did not have the full knowledge of the facts.. That's where she showed the total lack of professionalism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Airam wrote: »
    She's been a poor judge and mentor this series. She showed poor judgment bringing up the issue on the live show when she's let many, many things about herself and her acts pass by without comment.

Why the multiple threads all saying the same thing, OP? The fuss is not about what she said but about where and when she said it and that she did not have the full knowledge of the facts.. That's where she showed the total lack of professionalism.

My post wasnt about what Cheryl said.

But thanks for not reading it anyway.