shouldnt you be asleep then? rest really helps get you better
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You got a cold?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's actual flu with fever, shivers, fatigue..but can't sleep coz my head hurts too much. And to think NYE is just around the corner:(
  • QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a bad cold. Slept for 3 days solid almost. Not eaten for 3 days.

Today is day 4 and I do feel a little better.

Flu no. Cold yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    did you have plans for nye? i know the feeling when you cant sleep because of it makes me so restless in bed you just have to bare with it.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I'm betting a lot of us succumb to this once children get back to school/plague pit and start spreading it around and pass it to their parents. Then those bloody martyrs, who would insist on coming in to work even if half their body was missing, will spread it to the rest of us.
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chesty cough and cold here. Can't sleep with it. :(. Would love a nice warm bath but our water has been off since Christmas Eve so no chance of that.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 x Paracetamol 4 times a day, should be okay in a couple of days :)
  • m06een00m06een00 Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I'm betting a lot of us succumb to this once children get back to school/plague pit and start spreading it around and pass it to their parents. Then those bloody martyrs, who would insist on coming in to work even if half their body was missing, will spread it to the rest of us.
    This is the whole problem. People go to work/school with a running temperature, and infect everyone else within their sight. You can't be productive if you have the flu anyway as you feel bloody awful. There's also a good chance you will develop pneumonia if you try to ignore the flu, which would almost cetainly mean an intensive care stay in hospital.

If you have the flu stay at home in bed and away from as many people as possible until your temperature drops and stays down without paracetamol.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    m06een00 wrote: »
    This is the whole problem. People go to work/school with a running temperature, and infect everyone else within their sight. You can't be productive if you have the flu anyway as you feel bloody awful. There's also a good chance you will develop pneumonia if you try to ignore the flu, which would almost cetainly mean an intensive care stay in hospital.

If you have the flu stay at home in bed and away from as many people as possible until your temperature drops and stays down without paracetamol.

I don't think this trend of having open plan offices helps either.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who claims they have flu and can still post on the internet have never experienced flu :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Anyone who claims they have flu and can still post on the internet have never experienced flu :p

That was my thinking behind post 3. I'm no doctor, but I would guess it's a dose of man-flu.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dylan99 wrote: »
    That was my thinking behind post 3. I'm no doctor, but I would guess it's a dose of man-flu.

Indeed.Anyone with flu would not be able to lift their head off the pillow, let alone post on here.

I've had flu once in my life. I lost a stone in weight and have never felt so close to death.

People claim they have flu, when they have nothing more than a bad cold. There is a BIG difference.

The difference between cold and flu. If there was £50,000 outside your front door.....flu you would not be able to retrieve it....cold you easily would.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've never had it! I've had a bad cold with all the symptoms listed, but I do understand that Flu is something completely different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've never had it! I've had a bad cold with all the symptoms listed, but I do understand that Flu is something completely different.

You never want it Dylan. I never want it again. People forget that it kills hundreds of people a year. It's not some cold like thing. It is a killer disease to the young, old and the already ill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be pretty rare?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be pretty rare?

Indeed it is, when compared to the common cold. Often mixed up, but not by people that have ever really had flu.

I've never felt so close to death. My wife had to bring a bucket into the room so I could use the toilet, as I could not get further than the edge of the bed and only then with her holding me up :o
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a cold at best at the minute, head took the brunt of it for 24 hours, banging headache which to be honest I rarely get, other than that the usual cough and stuff. Had flu once years ago, knocked me for six and in bed for best part of a week, but this is a cold.
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »

ah when you are getting over it you can....

The only time I have had flu i was dead to the world for 3 days drugged to the eye balls lol.......

then I started to feel better and felt like posting...so the op could be at that stage...bless its horrible having the flu.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The good news is, if you're managing to post on DS, you don't have flu.
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good news is, if you're managing to post on DS, you don't have flu.

You can if you've got an iPad or iPhone, you don't even have to lift your head off the pillow:D
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fifilapew wrote: »
    You can if you've got an iPad or iPhone, you don't even have to lift your head off the pillow:D

You couldn't with flu. Seeing, typing, thinking about your post. Far too much effort if you have flu.

Things you can do with flu, lie in bed, be sick, wish you were dead. That's pretty much it.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You couldn't with flu. Seeing, typing, thinking about your post. Far too much effort if you have flu.

Things you can do with flu, lie in bed, be sick, wish you were dead. That's pretty much it.

/\This/\
    I had flu 8 years ago all I did was look at the ceiling no tv nothing trying to get to the toilet was the most effort I could do.
    Did not care about internet/tv/eating or anything apart from trying to drink water.
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh I don't know, I definitely had flu, I lost a stone where I couldn't eat and could barely even hold water down, I had a fever to the point where I had the heating off during the freezing weather but I could still manage to look at my iPhone while lying in bed, admittedly I couldn't really work up the mental energy to post anything on here. I also managed to get my son ready for my friend to pick him up for school and look after my daughter until my mum came to help.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QTC13 wrote: »
    I have a bad cold. Slept for 3 days solid almost. Not eaten for 3 days.

Today is day 4 and I do feel a little better.

Flu no. Cold yes.

Honestly, I don't know anyone who can't eat and sleeps for 3 days solid when suffering from nothing more than a common cold. I suggest you have been suffering from a flu virus, whether you admit it or not.

We need a catchphrase for flu deniers. Woman-cold perhaps? :p