Options

Makosi, a nurse - drinking alcohol - 'with child?'

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why take the risk for your own selfishness??? im sure people can live without alchohol for a year or so... why take the ****ing risk... it really pisses me off!!
  • Options
    queenbeaqueenbea Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    quootiepie wrote:
    why take the risk for your own selfishness??? im sure people can live without alchohol for a year or so... why take the ****ing risk... it really pisses me off!!

A lot of us have been brainwashed by the media. If we listened to everything they tell us, we wouldn't consume a thing. For instance, one minute "caffeine is bad for you", next week, "it helps release energy from cells". WTF?!

Don't get me wrong, I do not recomended mothers-to-be drink like fish but if they want to have the odd glass of wine, they should do so without any guilt.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makum101 wrote:
    Should Makosi really be drinking copious amounts of Alcahol if she thinks she is pregnant?

:confused:

they never had sex ;)
  • Options
    ishopatadsaishopatadsa Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    thms wrote:
    they never had sex ;)

I don't think there was any 'entry', but I think Anthony's little general released the troops, as it were....
  • Options
    Mrs MigginsMrs Miggins Posts: 2,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I drank a pint of Guinness a day thought my 2 pregnancies and my sons are shaping up to be rugby players for Wales. ;) I can't stand Guinness usually, but craved it when pregnant. :o
    Also, how can all these people who say Makosi is lying about being pregnant get on their high horse about her drinking? Are you just looking for ways to slag the woman off? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there was any 'entry', but I think Anthony's little general released the troops, as it were....

nah...he marched them up to the top of the hill :D
  • Options
    Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I said "COPIOUS"..... as in more than 2 glasses per week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    what was the 'Ooh I fainted then, Big Brother' thing before they let them open the living room door? I fainted once when I was pregnant, and the father ran over my hand with his chair
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    When i was pg my midwife said that one unit twice a week would not be a problem.

Personally did not see the point in drinking at all thou as 1 unit is going to make no difference.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    quootiepie wrote:
    God help your child. ANY amount of alchohol is poisen and should be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Anyone who thinks/ does otherwise is obviously a council house dwelling, cheap wine drinking baby machine. Next people will be saying smoking doesnt effect a baby... 1/2 of women nowadays need to be steralized, honestly!! :mad:

**rant over**

Funny that because when I was expecting my daughter, Erin, I had to spend the last 6 weeks before she was born in hospital as my waters had broken at 29 weeks and there were one or two problems, including aneamia.

I was given, by the doctor, 4 cans of Mackason's Stout to drink every day.

It did amuse me sometimes though, watching the faces of some of the other patients' visitors when they saw me sat up in bed drinking my stout! :)

You talk drivel and in my experience its usually the council house dwelling, cheap wine drinking, baby machines that do!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny that because when I was expecting my daughter, Erin, I had to spend the last 6 weeks before she was born in hospital as my waters had broken at 29 weeks and there were one or two problems, including aneamia.

It did amuse me sometimes though, watching the faces of some of the other patients' visitors when they saw me sat up in bed drinking my stout! :)

You talk drivel and in my experience its usually the council house dwelling, cheap wine drinking, baby machines that do!!

just having a rant because living down south i see alot of "bad" mothers and it REALLY gets to me. I know Guinness is a good source of iron during pregnancy, but so is an iron tablet... i have images of women drinking alco-pops not giving a second though to thier babies... honestly, nothing gets my goat more and i think ill rant forever on these types of subjects.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    quootiepie wrote:
    just having a rant because living down south i see alot of "bad" mothers and it REALLY gets to me. I know Guinness is a good source of iron during pregnancy, but so is an iron tablet... i have images of women drinking alco-pops not giving a second though to thier babies... honestly, nothing gets my goat more and i think ill rant forever on these types of subjects.

A doctor will prescribe stout as it gets into your bloodstream far quicker.

Having had steroids for Erin's lungs and a birth at any time, iron tablets would not have helped one bit.

Please dont call people names for the choices that they make in life. Its our choices that make each and every one of us special.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quootiepie wrote:
    Well maybe you should watch what you say when you rant as your previous post as quoted above is quite offensive. There is a queer difference between women getting rat-arsed when pregnant and women having a couple of glasses of wine. Just because a women allows a few drops of alcohol to pass her lips while pregnant does not make her scum. :rolleyes:

As far as Makosi is concerned... she's not pregnant anyway, she's just a lying, attention seeking bitch, so I don't know what the fuss is about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A doctor will prescribe stout as it gets into your bloodstream far quicker.

Having had steroids for Erin's lungs and a birth at any time, iron tablets would not have helped one bit.

Please dont call people names for the choices that they make in life. Its our choices that make each and every one of us special.

:)

thats what gets me... its the mothers choice, not the babies... babies are born with all sorts due to the mothers "choices"... mothers have a duty to the baby, and i think abstaining from alchohol is a very minor thing women should do. As yours was for "medicinal" purposes, its obviously different, but its my opinion that mothers should do the upmost to protect an unborn child at THIER OWN EXPENSE. sorry, its just the way i feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    quootiepie wrote:
    thats what gets me... its the mothers choice, not the babies... babies are born with all sorts due to the mothers "choices"... mothers have a duty to the baby, and i think abstaining from alchohol is a very minor thing women should do. As yours was for "medicinal" purposes, its obviously different, but its my opinion that mothers should do the upmost to protect an unborn child at THIER OWN EXPENSE. sorry, its just the way i feel.

I agree with you but we cannot go about trying to control how other people should or should not behave, regardless of how we feel.

You ought to accept that we are all different and dont all share the same thoughts and views.

You may feel less angry about matters if you can understand that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,244
    Forum Member
    Yeah right, phantom pregnancy I wouldn't worry. Derek is more pregnant than Makosi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you but we cannot go about trying to control how other people should or should not behave, regardless of how we feel.

You ought to accept that we are all different and dont all share the same thoughts and views.

You may feel less angry about matters if you can understand that.

i wont ever settle when innocent lives are at risk, crazy and melodramatic as it sounds... my personal view is that its a form of child abuse really... btw i dont go round in public airing my views, just the once on here! :o if i get into government, ill campaign there... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mazeymazey Posts: 137,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cazarella wrote:
    Well maybe you should watch what you say when you rant as your previous post as quoted above is quite offensive. There is a queer difference between women getting rat-arsed when pregnant and women having a couple of glasses of wine. Just because a women allows a few drops of alcohol to pass her lips while pregnant does not make her scum. :rolleyes:

As far as Makosi is concerned... she's not pregnant anyway, she's just a lying, attention seeking bitch, so I don't know what the fuss is about.

Had to wait for maintenance to finish!

1. Original research on pregnancy drinking conducted with alcoholics/very heavy drinkers. (per my GP, 1981)

2. Main alcohol damage done before most mothers know they are pregnant, i.e. first 8 weeks

3. High blood pressure (often stress related) more harmful than an occasional glass of wine. My continued low BP during 2 pregnancies regularly linked to my 3 cigs a day by health visitors as being stress reducing. They had met my husband.

4. By month 8, in a heat wave, summer of 82, GP recommended a G&T in the evening, as baby beyond any damage, may sleep better. The now 21, nearly 22 year old baby is healthy, happy and lovely. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makum101 wrote:
    Should Makosi really be drinking copious amounts of Alcahol if she thinks she is pregnant?

:confused:

I noticed the a couple of days ago and commented on it.

I think her brain has now moved onto the next big lie and has forgotten this one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have known other ladies being "perscribed" stout by medical professionals.

My Mum when she had a third of her lung removed at 8 was on two pints of the black stuf a day. I am betting there were some jealous patients. ;)
  • Options
    AlphaOmegaAlphaOmega Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    she had to drink the alcohol 'with child'....they locked craig in there.

*boom tish*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    She did mutter something about not being able to have a lot. I'm sorry I had a few stella and can't remeber who she said it to (possibly Craig?), but I do remember getting the impression that she was insinuating she couldn't drink because of the baybee....