Nadine Coyle: The new Tyra......

12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Yet you chose not to correct the numerous posters on this thread dragging Nadine down by elevating others? And you chose to make a nasty personal comment by saying the OP is full of bitterness? Right.:rolleyes: We will agree to disagree on this one, as there are double standards. Its just a shame some choose to ignore it.

And your last comment makes no sense. I have said that this is a thread on Nadine and yet others have hijacked it because they like to talk about other GA members instead. The people who want this thread focused on Nadine, like me, don't want other GA members being brought into it and nasty comparisons made. Its tiresome and petty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also it's really tiresome that people are still talking about THAT outfit Nadine wore at one of her New York gigs. it was one outfit, she wore once. Yet people act like she goes around New York dressed like that. If people did their research they'd know the club Nadine dressed up like that for is known for being a bit more non-conforming and is a hot spot for many drag queens and artists. Lady GaGa and Kylie and Cher all played there in recent times and wore "crazy" outfits and noone cared. Nadine did and everyone makes fun of her, just cos theyre used to seeing her so gorgeous by the usual standard
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    also it's really tiresome that people are still talking about THAT outfit Nadine wore at one of her New York gigs. it was one outfit, she wore once. Yet people act like she goes around New York dressed like that. If people did their research they'd know the club Nadine dressed up like that for is known for being a bit more non-conforming and is a hot spot for many drag queens and artists. Lady GaGa and Kylie and Cher all played there in recent times and wore "crazy" outfits and noone cared. Nadine did and everyone makes fun of her, just cos theyre used to seeing her so gorgeous by the usual standard

I think people still bang on about it because it was THAT bad! Nadine is a stunning girl, and it takes a lot to stop her from looking pretty, but somehow she managed it! It's gonna take her a long time to get away from those pictures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet you chose not to correct the numerous posters on this thread dragging Nadine down by elevating others? And you chose to make a nasty personal comment by saying the OP is full of bitterness? Right.:rolleyes: We will agree to disagree on this one, as there are double standards. Its just a shame some choose to ignore it.

Obviously, you've never seen the numerous other posts by said OP everywhere else or you're willing to ignore it. Right. :rolleyes:The pitiful irony about proclaiming "double standards" is amusing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    The pictures weren't bad, she's a good looking girl with a healthy great figure, people shouldn't be complaining that she showed it off.
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And your last comment makes no sense. I have said that this is a thread on Nadine and yet others have hijacked it because they like to talk about other GA members instead. The people who want this thread focused on Nadine, like me, don't want other GA members being brought into it and nasty comparisons made. Its tiresome and petty.

To be fair, have a look at the OP's posting history. You'll find the meaning of double standards littered throughout.
    Forum Member
    When Nadine becomes a WAG, get's convicted and sleazes over Cowell in a bid to be more well known, You'd see negative posts, but she seems like a sweet girl and now Tyra thinks so too.
    Forum Member
    Obviously, you've never seen the numerous other posts by said OP everywhere else or you're willing to ignore it. Right. :rolleyes:The pitiful irony about proclaiming "double standards" is amusing.

And you obviously haven't seen my post at no.124, where I clearly state that I find it annoying when people compare members of GA and that I find Nadine and Cheryl both inspirational. I also directly took issue with the OP at post 121 about the fact that he thinks Cheryl is not successful, when she obviously is the most successful member of GA and has worked hard to be that. But you choose to ignore those posts yes? Oh, the irony is indeed amusing.

You may think that I have not taken issue with the OP, but unlike you I choose my words carefully and won't resort to personal attacks to say how his argument is flawed. See post 121 again if you don't agree. Pointing out Cheryl's success I'm sure annoys him but is not a personal attack on him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a great opportunity for Nadine.

I admire that she has really grafted away at her solo career and has really worked hard to make a go of things.

This is of course oppose to Tweedy Pie who just runs to rich and powerful men to make things fall into place for her.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    This is a great opportunity for Nadine.

I admire that she has really grafted away at her solo career and has really worked hard to make a go of things.

This is of course oppose to Tweedy Pie who just runs to rich and powerful men to make things fall into place for her.

Who does she go running to? :D
    Simon Cowell, for example, went after her i.e. offering her a space on Britain's Got Talent then X Factor.
  • PheebShirlPheebShirl Posts: 1,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Well she's got her PR to thank for that. "Promise This" isn't a bad song, but "covers" are the way to go with that one. I still think Nadine is so much better than a "Reunion" but if she wants to do it, it's her choice. Hope she gets more gigs in America though.

I am a fan of Nadine, but to be honest she does need the reunion, if only to repair some of the damage that has been done to her image. A reunion could earn the girls millions and personally I feel they would all benefit from it, even Cheryl. If any of the girls did not return for the reunion I think it would be a very unpopular decision with the fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Who does she go running to? :D
    Simon Cowell, for example, went after her i.e. offering her a space on Britain's Got Talent then X Factor.

LOL she took a job on The XF, the brazen hussy.:rolleyes:
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    LOL she took a job on The XF, the brazen hussy.:rolleyes:

:D:D

Or when Will.i.am persuaded her to do a solo album....she was defiantly chasing him to do it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    :D:D

Or when Will.i.am persuaded her to do a solo album....she was defiantly chasing him to do it ;)

Apparently, she told him she would make it worth his while...
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i would love to see these the photographic evidence for the these `crazy` outfits that gaga, kylie and cher wore at that club. that would amusing to see. you have to admit that nadine`s outfit was hilarious and obviously a lot of people found it funny. besides, i haven't read anyone suggesting that she walks about new york dressed like that.:rolleyes:

i am still waiting for an apology from your previous message.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pictures weren't bad, she's a good looking girl with a healthy great figure, people shouldn't be complaining that she showed it off.

Showed it off !!! A skilled gynaecologist could have given a medical opinion on her without having to ever meet her !
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I think Nadine should be respected for not conforming and doing her solo career on her own terms. She didn't doesn't compromise herself and rely on other people to sing or write for her she even has her own label and that takes guts in an industry that relies on networking. For someone with such obvious talent and not much UK media backing she's done well to get herself on a top Television show, run by a very successful high profile Model/Television personality.

Who from Girls Aloud has conformed and let other people control their solo singing careers ?

It also takes guts to take high profile while in the public eye on America's most hyped show of the summer, not everyone in public eye would have took the chance but Cheryl did and I think it was brave considering the tabloid were hovering like vultures.

You do realise that every year on ANTM there is themed shows every week and guest appearances are a part of the series just like the British version.

In most cases getting on these shows is down to agents as once an episode is planned out the producers will set about getting in the people they need for that show.

Just like most people who appear they will be forgotten the next.
  • nevadanevada Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit in the video for "Jump", where Nadine and Cheryl have a long look into each others eyes is hot. I think they should kiss and make up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nevada wrote: »
    The bit in the video for "Jump", where Nadine and Cheryl have a long look into each others eyes is hot. I think they should kiss and make up.

Oh yes. And the smiles to each other throughout. But that was before Nads moved halfway across the globe.
    Forum Member
    The uk press did most of the damage to her image I think. Who in Girl's aloud has let people control their careers? Everyone knows who.........it's brave of Tweedy to try and make it in the states, but when Nadine does the same it's pathetic and desperate. On ANTM there are guests on each week, but they have to impress Tyra first. People can put her down and say "she'll be forgotten about" but what she has done is a huge achievement. ANTM is a huge show over there that's run for fourteen seasons and Nadine should be pleased with herself, this could open a lot of doors for her and could make her very high profile.
    Forum Member
    Who from Girls Aloud has conformed and let other people control their solo singing careers ?

It also takes guts to take high profile while in the public eye on America's most hyped show of the summer, not everyone in public eye would have took the chance but Cheryl did and I think it was brave considering the tabloid were hovering like vultures.

You do realise that every year on ANTM there is themed shows every week and guest appearances are a part of the series just like the British version.

In most cases getting on these shows is down to agents as once an episode is planned out the producers will set about getting in the people they need for that show.

Just like most people who appear they will be forgotten the next.

You and the OP both need to get a grip. Both of you support your arguments for or against Nadine by bringing down either her achievements or Cheryl's achievements and its tedious to say the least. Why does it take guts for Cheryl to apply for a million pound opportunity in the States on a new programme not previously commissioned over there, but for Nadine to score a guest slot on a top established US show you consider it as not such a big deal and that her agent secured it? Are you serious?:confused: BOTH Nadine and Cheryl should be applauded for their guts and determination to move forward with their careers, in whatever direction they choose to pursue those careers, not dismissed as pathetic by people wanting them to fail.:cool:
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ANTM is a huge show over there that's run for fourteen seasons and Nadine should be pleased with herself, this could open a lot of doors for her and could make her very high profile.

not a word of this is correct

the program is on it's 17th cycle not 14th.

as for being huge that is laughable. the 2nd cycle had 6.13 million viewers, the 16th had 2.52 million. that is a drop of 59%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Next_Top_Model#cite_note-deadline1-24

as i have already posted 2.52 million is about the size of Greater Manchester which in the size of England might be an impressive audience but put that number in the US and it is small.

i assume the 2.52 million is an average per episode. if however it is a total for the entire series, series 16 had 12 episodes so it would be 210,000 viewers per episode or the size of Southampton .
    Forum Member
    Either way Nadine still has a chance to be huge. She looks and sounds fantastic. She's the Irish girl next door.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    not a word of this is correct

the program is on it's 17th cycle not 14th.

as for being huge that is laughable. the 2nd cycle had 6.13 million viewers, the 16th had 2.52 million. that is a drop of 59%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Next_Top_Model#cite_note-deadline1-24

as i have already posted 2.52 million is about the size of Greater Manchester which in the size of England might be an impressive audience but put that number in the US and it is small.

i assume the 2.52 million is an average per episode. if however it is a total for the entire series, series 16 had 12 episodes so it would be 210,000 viewers per episode or the size of Southampton .

yes it's 2.52m per episode not 210k. it'd be pulled off the air if The CW were getting 210k viewers per episode.

and dont forgot how television watching has changed. The CW will show the episodes online for people to watch and catch up on.

and even though many countries have their owe variations of the show (e.g. Britains Next Top Model), the US version is still broadcast in many countries as it was the original, and it has Tyra, and people seem to love America for some reason. So it's good global exposure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it aired last night. seen some pics and she looked amazing.

the theme of the show is UK vs US. Nadine took the UK girls and Jessica Sutta (Pussycat Dolls) took the US girls. They then had to make a music video.
    Nadine's girls all did AMAZING and were highly praised and were all the first girls to be put through to next weeks episode. Go Nadine!! Star mentor!!!