A few things I don`t understand about Coronation Street

CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Erm, what has happened to Kevin`s baby whose name I have completely forgotten?
How does Carla manage to afford so many very short notice transatlantic flights?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherylFan wrote: »
    How does Carla manage to afford so many very short notice transatlantic flights?

Baby Jack always seems to be left with other people but is hardly mentioned while Kevin is in the pub and in regards to Carla, its the same with every soap, people can get flights, visas etc on the same day with no hassle at all!!!

Thats soapland for you! :p
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevins baby called Jack, who is looked after by a babysitter that looks after him day/night, he/she never has time off or a social life because he/she seems to always look after Jack
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack, kids go missing all the time in soaps

She owns her own business for now, flights to LA are quite reasonable, but remember
    she doesn't really fly, its soapland prices
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooperone wrote: »
    Jack, kids go missing all the time in soaps

She owns her own business for now, flights to LA are quite reasonable, but remember
    she doesn't really fly, its soapland prices

If kids go missing all the time in soaps can I volunteer Simon to do it properly this time and throw himself off Blackpool pier?
  • eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maisymoo wrote: »
    If kids go missing all the time in soaps can I volunteer Simon to do it properly this time and throw himself off Blackpool pier?

Preferably handcuffed to his self pitying 'it's never my fault' father
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Perhaps Carla has a lot of air miles to use up?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Carla has a lot of air miles to use up?

or is part of the Mile High Club :D
  • Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't he give baby jack to Molly's mad aunt to raise
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preferably handcuffed to his self pitying 'it's never my fault' father

Oh yes! Nice one!!!:D:D
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can Kylie suddenly up sticks and fly off with Max-hay to Barbados around the expensive Christmas period when she was moaning not long ago she was skint?

Where is baby Hope whilst Fiz is up to her stupid shennanigans with Dolt Boy?

Why do Jenna and Mandy constantly hang around the Rovers even over Christmas, do they have no home or friends and family - apart from Lloyd of course??
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She gets tanked up on red bull and it gives her wings. No flight costs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Kids do go missing all the time on soaps. Didn't Sophie go upstairs for something and come back down a year or so later when they re-cast with Brooke Vincent? (I remember hearing that somewhere).

They had a stroller on the other day and Kevin was pushing it. But then he left it and he and Sophie went to go talk to Jenna. Thankfully Sally was there to watch Baby Jack (without being asked).

As for the Carla thing, yes the poster that said they can get last minute flights and everything with no problem is right. I think thanks to Rob and Michelle, Carla can now actually afford to fly since they saved the business from where she was driving it straight into the ground.
  • emo85emo85 Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Kids do go missing all the time on soaps. Didn't Sophie go upstairs for something and come back down a year or so later when they re-cast with Brooke Vincent? (I remember hearing that somewhere).

That was Tracy Barlow in the mid 80s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maisymoo wrote: »

Oh I think I;m the only one who feels sorry for little Simon! Imagine having to put up with Carla for a step mum and a father who cant keep his trousers up, rolls up drunk to your school, nearly sets fire to you and kills your rabbit.
  • conmarcas3conmarcas3 Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    1. It never shows her booking her flight, just off to the airport. Ok, maybe she is going for a last minute deal, but then that leads to....
    2. You now need an ESTA visa to travel to the States, which can be applied for and paid for online. Problem with that is they can take up to 72 hours, they are not always instantaneous. No visa, no entry
  • Its-GillianIts-Gillian Posts: 3,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't he give baby jack to Molly's mad aunt to raise

He asked her to but he changed his mind
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    conmarcas3 wrote: »
    1. It never shows her booking her flight, just off to the airport. Ok, maybe she is going for a last minute deal, but then that leads to....
    2. You now need an ESTA visa to travel to the States, which can be applied for and paid for online. Problem with that is they can take up to 72 hours, they are not always instantaneous. No visa, no entry

Once you've got an ESTA they're valid for two years, so you don't need to reapply for every visit as long as it's within that time period and you haven't needed to renew your passport. :)
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Once you've got an ESTA they're valid for two years, so you don't need to reapply for every visit as long as it's within that time period and you haven't needed to renew your passport. :)

Can't a mere arrest prevent you from getting an ESTA? God knows what effect being on trial for murder would have. And didn't she at one stage get a drink driving conviction?

I know she was acquitted of the murder charge, but I don't think that matters to americans.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or is part of the Mile High Club :D

Yes indeed, Carla does see herself as a mile above the rest!:D
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emo85 wrote: »
    That was Tracy Barlow in the mid 80s.

You mean Tracy Luv! :D
  • CorrieAddict27CorrieAddict27 Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    You mean Tracy Luv! :D

She went upstairs to play some tapes (which she called "teeeeeeeeeeps";)) and stayed there for about 8 years!
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    CherylFan wrote: »

Kevin was pushing him in a pushchair the other day and he looked like he was about ten months old. He's got to be at least two (years) now, surely?
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was born in September 2010 so you're right - he's 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Jack is with the unseen character of such awesome power that no one can even refer to them by their real name; Jack is with "The Child Minder."
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheButler wrote: »
    Jack is with the unseen character of such awesome power that no one can even refer to them by their real name; Jack is with "The Child Minder."

Remember that guy that did an impression of Kevin on Britain's Got Talent a few years back?

"I'm not doing this for Sopheh and I'm not doing it for L'oseh! I'm doin' it for our Jack...He's gonna fix cars like me...I do MOTs...I get crushed by them....EVERYYYYYDAY!"