EE : Sam's kidney

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
Forum Member
✭✭
Oh no I thought as soon as Ava revealed this to Dexter - a re-hash or re-visiting / re-conjuring of the Ronny Ferreira transplant story following the removal of Dalip Tahil (the Ferreira father) who was going to be murdered - which couldn't be done in the end because of Tahil's swift exit. Not very original to attempt to do this again IMO.

It's an important issue of course, but can't help but think the majority of viewers won't think so, understand it to be so in the context of importance -- not to mention the fact that EE won't really do the very important issue of organ transplantation proper justice in the final delivery of the story through it most likely being poorly, if not badly researched.

Anyone agree? or disagree? Please come back...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    It's very strange that they'd do a story like this when the Ferreira one was infamous for being terrible and EastEnders at its worst. Transplant storylines are now (at least for me) synonymous with desperation to fill airtime. Sam hasn't been around long enough for viewers to care about him. It's just really bad storylining.

The Hartmans in general are a bit of a mess, to be honest. EastEnders rarely give their black characters good stories. I'm not saying the show is racist because it's obviously not. It's just something I've noticed.

There are, of course, exceptions such as Denise, who has obviously had some good storylines. But when you think about all the black characters the show has had over the years, there have been an awful lot who've simply lingered with rubbish storylines, left and been quickly forgotten. Kim has been on the show for years and has yet to be given a properly memorable storyline of her own. Despite having a connection with Bianca, Ray was never integrated into that unit and lingered with pointless stories with Kim before leaving. Julie, Gus, Naomi, the list of black characters who've been given rubbish storylines kind of goes on. I don't know why it keeps happening, it's something they clearly need to work on.

The Hartmans have become too isolated. If you were a new viewer to the show, you wouldn't know Ava had relatives on the Square.