Options

Revenge Season 3 US Pace (possible spoilers in this thread)

Comments

• Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen some pictures for the finale...
    Including Victoria and Emily in a graveyard with Emily digging up what looks like David Clarke's grave presumably to see if there's a body in it. I really hope they don't go down the path of David being alive.

Hopefully it's just a setting for Victoria to finally learn the truth. Seems like the perfect place for everything to come spilling out. Part of me thinking Victoria has set up the whole thing with Charlotte to lure Emily out and find out what her intentions are.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Just seen some pictures for the finale...
    Including Victoria and Emily in a graveyard with Emily digging up what looks like David Clarke's grave presumably to see if there's a body in it. I really hope they don't go down the path of David being alive.

Hopefully it's just a setting for Victoria to finally learn the truth. Seems like the perfect place for everything to come spilling out. Part of me thinking Victoria has set up the whole thing with Charlotte to lure Emily out and find out what her intentions are.

:o Where have you seen this?
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness an episode where something actually happened for a change.

I take it Emily arranged for Charlotte to be kidnapped after the whole letters thing to spook her out, right?

Jack seemed to be a little shifty in this one too, which made him somewhat more interesting.

It might have been petty but Nolan sabotaging Javier, Margaux and Daniel at their own launch was pretty fun though.

For some reason i kept being reminded of that speech from Game Of Thrones when Tyrion told Cersei that her joy would turn to ash. Funnily enough that's exactly what happened with Victoria in this one.

Pascal being killed by Conrad - loved it. The dullard clogged up five episodes, so the latter bumping him off was pretty welcomed.

Emily was smart with the Homeland security ruse. Now can we see her and Victoria actually try to annihilate each other? 7/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    :o Where have you seen this?

Never mind. Found it.
    I swear if this season ends with David's coffin being empty i will have to buy a new TV because i will smash it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind. Found it.
    I swear if this season ends with David's coffin being empty i will have to buy a new TV because i will smash it!

:D:D:D Me too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FINALLY!!! An excellent episode. :D
    Started off pretty mediocre but just built and threw in a huge curveball I didn't see coming.

Part of me wonders, because we haven't had the renewal news, if they're planning on surprising the audience by actually just concluding the show now.

Conrad in jail, the final Victoria vs Emily confrontation coming up, Aidan kind of stepping aside for Jack, Charlotte's learning all of the secrets, feels like the show's ending.

I'm very interested to see what the finale holds if Conrad's epic downfall only made the penultimate episode. Maybe they'll open up an entirely new path of revenge away from the whole David Clarke plot.
    Also, after being worried about them pulling a "David Clarke is alive" twist on us, the promo looks as though Victoria somehow has Emily digging up "Amanda Clarke's" grave rather than David's.

It's taken three seasons but finally the story is getting there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMFG! Stuff actually happened. Possibly the best episode of the whole series, easily top 5.

And "Godspeed" loved it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That final look between Conrad and Emily was fantastic.

Finally the show moved the sodding story along. :D
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I'm glad they've actually made progress, Conrad's in jail based on a taped confession which they could have done any time after taking down all the others involved.

Victoria's DNA test on baby Jack has shown he's not the true grandson of David Clarke, based on DNA from Charlotte (I think) who she knows is David Clarke's daughter. If she knows "Amanda" wasn't who she said she was, then she'll probably use that in the next episode with Emily.

Still unresolved questions, in particular the guy who was in the remote cabin was also the same guy Victoria entrusted the DNA test to. Does it mean the whole cabin was a set up by Victoria to lure Emily (as she did in the previous episode?). David could have given his ring to Victoria which she planted for Jack and Charlotte to find.

I thought the show had been renewed for another season. Can anyone confirm?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the TV sites are saying it's highly likely to be renewed but there's been no official announcement. The show kind of feels like it's concluding everything and getting ready to pull the plug though.

I didn't get the connection between the guy doing the DNA and the cabin, I may have missed something along the way. That would explain why Victoria was so sure Charlotte wouldn't be harmed, because she was one step ahead.

At first I thought it was because she had the ear tested for DNA too and knew it wasn't Charlotte's, but she didn't it was just the hair and blood sample she had done.
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMAZING episode, is Conrad really done for?! Something tells me he escapes from prison ...
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered why Emily went to the prison to reveal she was behind it, so soon after Conrad go there. Surely it would have been better to wait for a later point such as when he got convicted?

And yes it does feel like the show is concluding everything despite being likely to be renewed, a bit like Scandal's recent finale.
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    All of the TV sites are saying it's highly likely to be renewed but there's been no official announcement. The show kind of feels like it's concluding everything and getting ready to pull the plug though.

I've read a couple of sites saying that it's a given that it'll be given a fourth season in order to bump the episode count up to 88 which makes it easier to sell the repeats into syndication when the show goes off air. I've fallen behind recently so I'm not completely up to speed on what's happening on the show but how they're going to squeeze out another 22 episodes is beyond me. A shortened fourth season to wrap up the storylines would be good but the episode count would fall short of 88 so I think we may be in for the long haul. I wouldn't be surprised if it was renewed for a full 22 episode season but was moved from it's timeslot to make way for something new or more prestigious.
  • Options
    FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMFG! Stuff actually happened. Possibly the best episode of the whole series, easily top 5.

And "Godspeed" loved it!

same, was beginning to lose hope ! so happy with this episode
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Conrad had two amazing lines this episode. "Godspeed" being one but he deserves a lenient sentence for his crimes just for calling Charlotte an "ungrateful bastard". Also loved Victoria's smile to Conrad when he asked whether she set him up.
    It's episodes like this that makes me wish Revenge will keep going for more years to come.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    What happened with the Emily's DNA and that in the juvie records? I was half watching that part. Hadn't Emily switched her prints with faux-Amanda’s years ago?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What happened with the Emily's DNA and that in the juvie records? I was half watching that part. Hadn't Emily switched her prints with faux-Amanda’s years ago?

Excuse my grammar. I wasn't aware how little sense that message made.

What I meant to say was. What became of Emily's DNA and that of her juvie records? Hadn't Emily switched her prints with faux-Amanda's years ago?
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse my grammar. I wasn't aware how little sense that message made.

What I meant to say was. What became of Emily's DNA and that of her juvie records? Hadn't Emily switched her prints with faux-Amanda's years ago?

Nolan hacked into the Police system and changed it so that Emily's prints did not match the wire that Pascal had on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Nolan hacked into the Police system and changed it so that Emily's prints did not match the wire that Pascal had on.

Otherwise they would have uncovered that she wasn't in-fact Emily Thorne?
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    This sort of felt like it was close to a series finale.

I can't believe the whole kidnapping Charlotte actually resulted in Conrad finally tripping up and getting himself sent down.

Now that was good on Emily's part and I love the final scene with her and Conrad.

Victoria better get sent down as well. I'm so tired of her constantly playing victim and her mourning over Pascal was pretty boring as well.

Aiden beating the crap out of Daniel was pretty satisfying to watch as well. Daniel and Margaux, less so though.

Some good stuff with Nolan and Jack as well but there's a David Clarke obsessive out there now. Do we really need that plotline?

Still a fantastic episode though, 8/10
  • Options
    FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finally something happened, about time !

ill give conrad this, he had the manners to wish her godspeed with getting everyone else as well :)
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always liked Conrad over the Victoria / Charlotte / Daniel. So hope those 3 get much worse punishments.

Hope Emily just destroys them all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otherwise they would have uncovered that she wasn't in-fact Emily Thorne?

:confused: No.
    I would think official records were completely changed when she swapped identities.

Would seem like a huge oversight on her part considering all of the other hacking official records, technology tampering they've got involved with across the show.

Nolan changed the print so that it didn't match the one found on Pascal's wire and then she wouldn't be arrested for being connected to his death.

However Victoria had Carl and Charlotte's DNA tested which confirms they are not related and that's put those final pieces into place for her about who Emily really is.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way that they can spin this out for another season. It's time this show came to its natural conclusion

If they want to renew it why not start again with a different person seeking revenge. 3 seasons of this is surely enough. Where else is there to go with the story?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    There is no way that they can spin this out for another season. It's time this show came to its natural conclusion

If they want to renew it why not start again with a different person seeking revenge. 3 seasons of this is surely enough. Where else is there to go with the story?

Completely agree. Starting fresh with a new revenge plot with different characters would actually keep me watching. If they continue with this Amanda Clarke business, then I'm done. Just wrap it up already!