Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    vernallvernall Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    gutted its the last episode of the series next week - those 12 eps have flown by - lets hope its back very soon
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Scouse mum should not be allowed to wear a Meat Loaf shirt and a Twilight shirt. The former is amazing and the latter is... Twilight.

I'm more concerned by the fact that they've got 2 copies of the same Harry Potter book on the bookshelf!
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Until reading an article online today, I never realised that the families actually have a full production team in their houses with them. I assumed that they had a few cameras set up & left in their living rooms & the footage reviewed later & edited together.

This makes it all the more likely that the entire weeks 'viewing' is filmed on one single night as claimed by one anonymous participant.

They wouldn't have a different production crew going into each of those houses 5 or 6 nights per week just to film them watch one news item/show/film each visit, it would be far too expensive. Instead it would make sense for them to watch all the tv shows in one afternoon/evening when the production team was there.

Many of the participants explained all this in interviews (in Radio Times etc) during series 1 last year.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    The only huge thing about jay z is his head :)

and lips
  • Options
    ennui 57ennui 57 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leon pisses me off more and more each week.

An old sexist, homophobic attention seeker, disguised as an old-fashioned leftie (circa 1957, or thereabouts!)
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ennui 57 wrote: »

An old sexist, homophobic attention seeker, disguised as an old-fashioned leftie (circa 1957, or thereabouts!)

agreed along with his "dangerous idiots" line every time ukip are mentioned
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's a disgusting individual isn't he?

Hopefully they won't be on the next series
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leon and June are the heart of the show and it wouldn't be the same without them.

German dad stroking silent Jay's leg at the end was hilarious! <3
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I thought the Pringles with custard was completely attention seeking from Leon. He knows what he's doing that one.

I thought this was odd as Leon said he had always ate them together but June acted like it was the 1st time she had heard/seen this :confused:
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

james_W85 wrote: »
    agreed along with his "dangerous idiots" line every time ukip are mentioned
    He's a disgusting individual isn't he?

Hopefully they won't be on the next series

Sexist, likes looking at attractive women doing daft sexy posing on Eurovision and makes jokes about it.
    He keeps making sexist remarks about his wife's legs too, reducing her to an object, maybe someone should point this out to him?
    Homophobic, odd he and June seemed all for same sex marriage and gay rights earlier in the series.
    I didn't know you had to be homosexual to dress up in women's clothes, didn't know one followed the other.
    Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm sure I've heard of straight blokes doing it and not being drunk too.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I thought this was odd as Leon said he had always ate them together but June acted like it was the 1st time she had heard/seen this :confused:

Always ate them together 'as a child' IIRC.
    He always relates every story/anecdote, as if it's the first time he's told it to June.
    I've got a mate who's the same, reminding him that he's told you before, doesn't change the way the tells the story/anecdote, always in the same 'tense'
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Always ate them together 'as a child' IIRC.
    He always relates every story/anecdote, as if it's the first time he's told it to June.
    I've got a mate who's the same, reminding him that he's told you before, doesn't change the way the tells the story/anecdote, always in the same 'tense'

They have been married for many years so I am sure that was not the first time he has eaten them together in front of June.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I think June's expression when Leon was eating crisps and custard was not one of surprise as if she'd never seen him eat it before
    but one of shock that he'd got up off his chair to get it himself AND one of dismay that he would share this eating habit with the viewers.

I think June thinks it's a disgusting food combination and didn't want us to see that Leon likes it.

:D

Another observation, but about the Clacton family with the stair bannister behind the couch..............I notice that the Mum always has her Mug on the floor near her feet. I am amazed that she isn't constantly kicking it over. That's skill, that is. :D

And I loved her reaction to Courteney Love drinking........"at least she's 'appy."
    She didn't judge. I think it shows the Clacton Mum is a nice person.

Where can I find out more about the goggleboxers, please?
    I'm just curious to know what their professions are etc.
    I know the Brighton guys are hairdressers, and the posh p*ssheads run a B&B in a Mansion, and Mr Michaels is a retired Hotelier, JUne & Leon are retired teachers and Mr Tapper is a chauffeur.

Oh and I also know one of them is a Vicar. How could I miss THAT. ;-)

But what do the adorable Siddiqui's do? Is the Father retired? If so from what?

Also sandy and Sandra?

I'm just nosey.
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    I thought June was surprised over the crisps and custard as I thought he mentioned doing it with chips as a rule 😄
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    I thought June was surprised over the crisps and custard as I thought he mentioned doing it with chips as a rule 😄

aah so she's was horrified that he'd been to the shop to buy crisps himself. :D
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also sandy and Sandra?

Their profession is rating takeaway food outlets
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JARV wrote: »
    How else would they be able to watch the Eurovison song contest and Britain's Got talent

BGT finished at 8pm
    Eurovision started at 8pm

Simples
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Where can I find out more about the goggleboxers, please?
    I'm just curious to know what their professions are etc.
    I know the Brighton guys are hairdressers, and the posh p*ssheads run a B&B in a Mansion, and Mr Michaels is a retired Hotelier, JUne & Leon are retired teachers and Mr Tapper is a chauffeur.

Oh and I also know one of them is a Vicar. How could I miss THAT. ;-)

But what do the adorable Siddiqui's do? Is the Father retired? If so from what?

Also sandy and Sandra?

I'm just nosey.

IIRC Sid Siddiqui works for the NHS or in private health?

Umar (the middle one) is a microbiologist at a hospital.
    Baasit (the gorgeous one) is an ICT teacher.
    And Raza (who we barely see anymore) is an estate agent.
  • Options
    ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    German dad stroking silent Jay's leg at the end was hilarious! <3

That was the highlight of the episode for me.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Just won a Bafta
  • Options
    yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they watch the awards on the show on Friday to see there reactions (:
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Gogglebox, the producer of the show, could have done with having the names of the families written down, she nearly missed out Graham
  • Options
    ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to watching them watching themselves been nominated for a Bafta & winning.:D
    They have to show that.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant stand the programme. The families are completely irritating.
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Following the recent habit of showing classic films on gogglebox (from itv2), I wonder if we'll see Star Wars this week!
This discussion has been closed.