Bizarre recording problem on 9300T

Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
Forum Member
This just started happening today :

All today's recordings were scheduled by selecting them off the 7 day EPG as usual and they all failed to record - even though for series records the schedule correctly inserted the new record ready for the next episode and removed the old one

Doing some more testing this evening, this problem carried on except that if I switched the TV channel (on AV1 for the recorder) to the channel the programme was actually broadcasting on, then the blue recording stripe appeared immediately and the recording started at that point - however far through the programme it actually was

Weirder still, if instead of using the EPG to select, I typed the details directly into the schedule list using the "reservation" option and for these the recordings worked properly whatever channel AV1 was tuned into

So the EPG method seems to have broken on my 9300T but direct input is OK

Is it time to bin it and get a new one ??
Any (other) ideas ?

Martin

Comments

• Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mart1n0940 wrote: »
    This just started happening today :

All today's recordings were scheduled by selecting them off the 7 day EPG as usual and they all failed to record - even though for series records the schedule correctly inserted the new record ready for the next episode and removed the old one

Doing some more testing this evening, this problem carried on except that if I switched the TV channel (on AV1 for the recorder) to the channel the programme was actually broadcasting on, then the blue recording stripe appeared immediately and the recording started at that point - however far through the programme it actually was

Weirder still, if instead of using the EPG to select, I typed the details directly into the schedule list using the "reservation" option and for these the recordings worked properly whatever channel AV1 was tuned into

So the EPG method seems to have broken on my 9300T but direct input is OK

Any (other) ideas ?

Martin
    Could this be connected with the channel update from Wednesday afternoon? A new channel list can eliminate record schedule
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a software/configuration problem rather than anything fatal.

I would suggest a Default Setting operation from the Installation menu, followed by a channel scan - I think that happens automatically.

(Already recorded programmes are kept.)
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mart1n0940 wrote: »
    You are just tuned to more than 1 transmitter and are actively attempting to use channels from those different transmitters.
    All you need to do is make sure that you are tuned to only 1 transmitter. You do NOT have an excuse to spend your money on a new recorder!
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=57505565&postcount=4
  • Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone for those suggestions

I followed the manual delete and retune in the link to Martin's instructions from the post above for the Crystal Palace transmitter and it DID fix the problem ;-)

Recordings programmed directly from the EPG as well as those typed in manually are now working again

(However, I could not see any evidence of picking up more than 1 transmitter as there were no entries in the 790's on the list so I'm not sure how one can tell if this is happening !)

Thx again
    Martin